Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Susanna,

Not sure if you're looking for snack ideas, or a way to control your compulsive nighttime eating. If it's the latter, pop on over to the Eating Disorder forums and read how others deal with it. I, too, used to eat compulsively, and it took some deep (very, very deep!) soul-searching to figure out why. I finally got a handle on it, and I hope you do, too. Best of luck to you!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Something that could work for you, whatever plan you are on start counting your days worth of things at supper & finish next day after lunch. I did this for awhile on ww. I started counting my points at supper, then my snack & used rest of days points on my breakfast/lunch next day. That way if I overdid it at night , I adjusted my breakfast & lunch accordingly. I found this a easier way to count & didn't obsess so much at night about not having enough points for a snack. As long as it is within a 24 hr period it doesn't matter when you start counting - try it, it might help you.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Some of my evening strategies:

~a cup of hot herbal tea

~keeping a health book or magazine, like Fitness or Shape by my favorite chair and reading an article or two

~I file my fingernails and apply a coat of clear nail polish for shine. (I find that colored polish takes too long to dry for me to do it in the evening before bed, but clear is 100% dry and hardened in about 10-15 minutes)

~Try crocheting, knitting, latch hook, needlepoint, cross stitch-any "handiwork" that you can do for a few minutes or hours every night to keep your hands busy

~a short (20 minutes or less) relaxing video such as pm/evening yoga, tai chi, stretching, etc. You don't want an exercise that is intense such as cardio or strength training right before bed-because you will have trouble sleeping-but a short relaxing one is great.

~I always keep about 100-150 calories left in the evening for a snack. If I build a snack allowance in, then I can have something and it is fine. Some of my faves are flavored rice cakes, a serving of fruit such as strawberries or a plum, a serving of diet hot cocoa, etc.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote