3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Should I Feel Guilty About... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/56015-should-i-feel-guilty-about.html)

AMMBTM 04-07-2005 12:55 AM

Should I Feel Guilty About...

Eating Quite A Bit Today? I Just Started Feeling Better And Haven't Been Able To Eat For The Past Three Or Four Days So Today When I Woke Up I Was Feeling About 75% Better And Was Starving To Death So I Have Been Eating And Eating.it Really Wasn't To Much Bad Stuff For Instance This Morning I Had Four Egg Whites And Half A Hash Brown And A Cup Of Cocoa Where Normaly I Have Three Eggs And No Hash Brown And Roughly Half To One Cup Of Coffee.pretty Much Was How All My Meals Were Today A Little Extra With Each One. Now At The End Of The Day I'm Feeling Almost Like Myself Again Still A Little Achy Though. I Feel Like I Completely Ruined My Diet Though And I Do Feel Guilty About It And Just Don't Know If I Should.should I Just Think Of This As My Reward For Sticking With My Diet For A Week And Also Since I Was Sick It's A Reward Just To Be Able To Eat Again. I Know I Sound Crazy But I Just Got Started Good With Working Out And Eating Right And This Happened. I Mean Should I Slap Myself On The Wrist For Going To The Fridge So Often Or Should I Be Patting Myself For Not Totally Over Doing It And Eating Everything In Sight? Just Want To Know If Any Of You Have Ever Had Something Like This Happen To You Or Not. I Guess However I Look At It I Think I Will Be Feeling Well Enough To Go To The Gym Tomorrow So I'll Just Work A Little Harder While I'm There Right.

MissPat 04-07-2005 06:28 AM

Don't feel guilty!!

Sweetie, if you have been sick, and not able to eat for the last 2-3 days, your body NEEDED the food! Don't beat your self up! Think of it as listening to your body , and taking care of it! If your best friend, or a child of yours was trying to lose weight, and did what you did, you wouldn't tell her to "feel guilty", would you? Of course not!! So, now is your chance to be your own friend, and give yourself a break! I hope you continue to feel better! Pat :)

Luciole 04-07-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMMBTM
... Or Should I Be Patting Myself For Not Totally Over Doing It And Eating Everything In Sight?

You should definitely pat yourself on the back for not throwing all caution to the wind and eating everything that you usually might!!! I think most of us have our "hungier than a horse" days where we over indulge. I most certainly agree with MissPat in that since you were sick and not eating so well for the last few days, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself for a few extra calories when your body may need them!

Weight loss is all about the end result in the long run anyway. While you may be aiming for average of X calories a day--let's say 2,000 hypothetically--try to remember that this is an average daily intake; It's not going to kill you to eat 1,400 calories on one day, 2,500 the next, and 2,100 the day after. As long as it all balances out and you're not too extreme with your highs and lows you needn't worry. And, you should never ever beat yerself up ;)

You're doing an awesome job! :bravo:

Tealeaf 04-07-2005 02:37 PM

Actually, I don't think that making yourself feel guilty about eating is ever a really healthy thing. Guilt is such a negative. If you do binge, so what? Dust yourself off, and then go back to eating the way you know you should. I don't think that beating yourself along the way is going to help anything.

AMMBTM 04-10-2005 09:29 PM

Thanks You Guys I'm Really Beating Myself Up Now Though If You Read My Just Venting Post You'll See I Really Went Over Board But I Read This Just When I Needed To Just Gotta Get Back On Track And Get Over This Hill.if It Wasn't For This Sight I'd Be A Real Mess You Guys Are All So Great Thanks So Much