Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #16  

Right on to all of those ideas you all had. Personally I find all of the above help, I usually when I get to craving try to drink a tall glass of crystal light or a cup of tea, usually by the time I am done I have gotten into some activity and forgotten about eating. Also sometimes at night I pick up the phone and call a friend, I find its a great distraction. By the time Im done, I forget all about snacking...... Anything that gets you off your butt!!!!!
Best of Luck To You All
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #17  

This comes from the diet tips section of this site:

Weigh yourself when tempted
If faced with a tempting treat that is not within bounds of your diet, go to the scale and weight yourself. Pat yourself on the back for maintaining your weight goals. You will be less likely to give in after that.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #18  

Yup, I'm a big believer in playing computer games, my brother got me started and it's good for keeping cravings at bay while you are relaxing at home for a few minutes.
jmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:51 AM   #19  

The key is that it should really mesmerize you, right now the game I can't stay away from on the ngage is called Pathway to Glory and literally the house needs to be on fire for me to break away, but the key is whatever you do, it's gotta hold and retain your attention. Reading has never worked for me, it makes me hungry in fact, (go figure)
Thelma+louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:13 AM   #20  

As well as activity I tend to substitute foods. If I want chocolate, I have a little piece of the best chocolate, or a fat free chocolate yoghurt. If I want chips (crisps) in the afternoon I have a low fat packet of Snack a Jacks rice cakes or Quakers Seasons. That has worked for me so far. I find if i distract myself, it only works for a little while, and I go back to wanting something to eat, whereas if I have something that fits into the plan, I can then go off and do something else, and feel satisified.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:57 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelma+louise
The key is that it should really mesmerize you, right now the game I can't stay away from on the ngage is called Pathway to Glory and literally the house needs to be on fire for me to break away, but the key is whatever you do, it's gotta hold and retain your attention. Reading has never worked for me, it makes me hungry in fact, (go figure)
I've heard about that game supposed to be good, not really my cup of tea
though I'm more of a Sims type of person.
jmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 AM   #22  

Thumbs up

Didn't know you had the sims on the ngage; I like playing it on the pc but didn't know it came on a handheld gaming device.
Well you live and you learn
Thelma+louise is offline   Reply With Quote