Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #1  
Beauty is within...

Thumbs up You Are All Legends!!!

I just wanted to thank this site, and everyone who's a part of it, for giving me the boost to get through a very hormonal emotional day!!!!!!

I'm definitely suffering from TOM today, and although I've managed to get through the last couple of days, today I've felt quite teary, and VERY tempted to go to the closest shop and buy lots of chocolate!

However, I stuck to my healthy lunch, and am indulging in a cup of tea with a couple of biscuits.... and have spent the best part of 2 hours going through all the posts to gain support and courage to stick with the program!

So THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

You're all doing such an amazing job, and it's so GOOD to know I'm not alone.

LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #2  

Well done Lynne, I nearly cracked last week, could have eaten 15 cherry ripes without blinking during TOM!!! Luckily, in England they cost the equivalent of $4AUS each, which is a major incentive not to binge, as well as the impact on the plan!!!!!

You are doing brilliantly, keep it going!!!!!

Kykaree in England who is really Tasmanian
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #3  
Beauty is within...

Hi Kykaree

Thanks for that! I can't believe how expensive cherry ripes are! My weakness is chocolate during the day, and pizza at night! But I've avoided both so far!... well, apart from the mars bar yesterday on the way home!

You seem to be going really well - congrats to you! (how long have you been in the UK?)

Old 03-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #4  

I'm the same weight as you now!!!!!

I've been over for three years now, met my boyfriend on the internet, and here I am!!!! I love it over here, my employer subsidises the gym, my personal trainer, and the weight loss program I am on!!! That is why I can do so much exercise, coz it's at work, otherwise, I wouldn't do a thing!!!!

How is lovely Adelaide? Bet it's hot at the moment, we had snow today. I love Adelaide, been there once for two weeks on a holiday and I loved it, almost moved there when I was in my early twenties.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:23 AM   #5  
Beauty is within...

Wow! I met my husband on the internet as well! He was from New Zealand and moved over here after meeting me on the internet. We fell in love, got married and had a little girl together. He died 8 months ago and I really miss him.

Adelaide hasn't been as hot as it has been before. We've had a few nasty days, but not the long hot spells like last summer.

I can't believe your employer is paying for your gym and stuff! How cool is that??!! What do you do that allows you such freedom?

Catcha soon, I'm watching the MTV awards at the moment.....
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  

The trick with my job, is that the pay is reasonably low, I only work in a call centre, for a private medical insurer. They supply us with free health cover, a gym and extra help if we need it (like fat old me!!!) I am very lucky, because without the facilities so close, I wouldn't do the exercise.

I am so sorry for the loss of your hubby, I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you.

I was in Adelaide in winter, it was fabulous!!!! Much better than a Tasmanian winter. I would melt in summer though, I actually like English summers, strange I know. I am getting a bit tired of walking in the snow to get to the swimming pool though
Old 03-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Working for a private medical insurer - they've obviously figured it pays to keep the employees fit and healthy! I know I'm more productive when I'm exercising regularly and eating good food!

Thanks for the feedback. If you want to keep in touch, I have a thread in the Support Groups section called "The challenge to begin again".

Cheers and good luck with it all!
Old 03-11-2005, 03:44 AM   #8  

Can someone please tell me what TOM is? I'm a new dieter. Thank you for being sweet.
Rachel
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #9  
Beauty is within...

TOM = Time of Month, ie Period.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:53 AM   #10  

Rad, thanks, I've been sitting here trying to think if it's some TOPS program or some secret CIA codename for cookie, I dunno.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 PM   #11  
Beauty is within...