Stretch Marks!

• Hey everyone! I was just wondering if im the only one battling stretch marks! These things r awful and extremely hard to get rid of
    I know they can't go entirely away but just having them less red would make me happy...Does anybody have any solutions that really work?
  • Mine fadded with time, but I'll be honest I looked into micro surgery (I don't remember the exact name). There are tons of products but what I have learned and read is that they are scared skin. I was never at my goal weight long enough to get real serious about removing them. It's like a face lift kind of thing. Do a google on the net for stretch marks and read up! And for goodness sakes don't buy anything you can't return!!! Don't let yourself get ripped off. Read reviews and check the Better Business Burea and ask everybody you know before you buy anything!! (can you tell I've been ripped off before, I'm a compulsive shopper)
  • We have a great thread about "Weight Loss and Skin FAQ" in our Maintainers forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

And unfortunately, I can attest from personal experience that unless you have skin removed, once stretch marks show up, they're there to stay One of the great things about the tummytuck I had last year is that when my apron of skin was removed, a great deal of my stretch marks went with it (although I still have the ones under my arms, on my thighs, back of hips, etc...).

Moisturizing can't hurt though - it's always a good idea to keep your skin hydrated, but don't expect any miracles...
  • try mederma, it's to reduce scarring...
  • Quote: try mederma, it's to reduce scarring...
    Mederma might help some with stretch marks...but it'll cost ya.

The recommended use of Mederma for stretch marks (according to my plastic surgeon) is to apply it 3-4 times daily for 6 months to a YEAR. Now if you have one or two little stretch marks that might not seem like such a big deal (even though the stuff costs $28-29 for a relatively small tube). But if you're like me, and have a body LOADED with 'em, then that could be a very, very expensive prospect - not to mention almost impossible to do if you have a busy schedule (like I do - what am I supposed to do, go in the ladies' room at work twice a day, strip down and coat myself with the stuff??). According to my PS, if your stretch marks are NEW you MIGHT see a difference after using Mederma for an extended period of time...but then again you might not...you probably have just as good a shot by using a good emollient lotion (which shouldn't cost a lot of bucks - even my favorite lotion "The Cat's Pajamas" which I am HOOKED on, I get for like $8 on eBay. )

And ya know what? They must just bug ME...because Jim never notices my stretch marks and his eyesight is perfect!
  • mine are white now, thank god...
  • I couldn't resist posting this regarding this topic.