Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #1  
Proud Mama

Default I am having such a hard time focusing!

Hi all. I feel aweful! Low fat has been a bust so far. I started out fine, with a cup of oatmeal the first morning of low fat, but by the end of the week, I am BEGGING for sugar. I've been up in the middle of the night searching for sweets. I haven't been going over in my calorie consumption, but this sugar craving is INSANE!!! I'm not gaining any weight, but I see where this is going. It just goes to show, that for my body a calorie isn't just a calorie.

I think I am going to have to switch over to lower carb again, just so I can get this craving thing under control. I feel like such a trader!

I know that anything that has THIS much hold over my life, I need to get rid of. And because this is a lifestyle change, I need to get under control. It is amazing. I think I am truely addicted to carbs. When I am doing Low carb I don't think about food nearly as much as I do when I'm doing low fat.

OOOOH I love my sweets too. Breads, pasta's and rice, don't have as much of an affect over me as my husbands baked goods.. MMMMMMM

Does anyone else struggle with this in low fat? What are you going about it?
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:36 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Yes! I hear ya, big-time. I would rather have a bagel and coffee than chicken and veggies.

A very wise lady on my "other" full-time thread has told me that the less you have, eventually the less you crave. Really. I have found this to be true of diet sodas; they taste so good, but they really do encourage your mouth to want food to go with it...and it keeps you from chugging that water which is so good for us.

oh, back to the carbs Sometimes, it helps to schedule in a small, measured treat, like a fruit/grain bar that's around 140 calories. Plan to have it in the evening with a cup of tea or coffee, cut it into like 8 pieces and savor.

I used to think that I simply could NOT have my morning coffee without at least one piece of toast or bagel or muffin or something. A piece of whole-grain toast is fine, but I thought I HAD to have something starchy. Eventually I got past it, and that is good to know that it can be done.

Your husband is a baker? That's my profession and it kills my family that I hardly ever bake at home anymore, 'cause if it's there, I eat it!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm in the same boat right now.
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #4  
Proud Mama

Vermont- Yep. My husband is a cook. He isn't a baker as a career, although he would love to be. But he is a cook as a career. He's always doing something in the restaurant. We love to entertain for others. He is famous for his sweets. My girlfriends adore him. So I pawn his sweets off on them. LOL! (some friend I AM!) But sometimes I can't resist.

Diet soda's and coffee doesn't do anything for me. Actually it helps. At least coffee does. That can sometimes be a great substitute for something sweet. What kills me is the morning oatmeal, or any grains during the day. Fruits do it to me too. Veggies, nah... Any kind doesn't bother me. But that would be more lower carb/ lower fat. I'm good with that, as long as I am really strict,and like you've said, budget in one, I repeat ONE sweet. My problem is that one sweet thing triggers all sorts of bad stuff. I'm just glad I am catching it now, before it does become a problem. Unfortunately I know, me , and what I am capable of.. And left on my own, I'd be as big as a house, if not bigger.

AHHH!

Rose, LOVE your pic! What's going on with you?
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote