Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #31  
my dad made me1 from wood

MY first goal is to drink at least 45oz of water and to stay within my point range without going over 25.
Carrie I have no idea how we are going to handle the holidays? What I'm gonna try to do is exercise(before thanksgiving) so I can have points saved for thanksgiving. Course it will have to be in the same week. Also I think I might try to eat only my min. amount. I think it would be great also to check in to this thread and just let out our stresses....
My husband, sister, and I joined our local rec center and played racquetball for 30minutes. It was so fun.
Then we went to applebees i had a club house grill and 3 strawberry lemonaid it was so yummy.....
Well ladies take care,
Heather 8-P
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:39 PM   #32  

Is everyone feeling better? I haven't posted for a few days, been kinda sick, and very busy..
The water goal is pretty hard for me! Getting easier each day though. Here are a few suggestions, some I've read about, some I've discovered on my own though I'm sure someone has wrote it somewhere before.
1. Put all snack, or favorite foods up in a high cabinet. Or better yet store in the garage or some other hard to reach location. It's still there if someone else in the house wants it, or if you have room for a little indulgence after a really good day, but not in a spot to tempt you all the time.
2. Eat a small portion, then go do something else for 15-20 minutes before you come back to have a little more if you still want it. I love this one. I get my dishes done more often, and I'm usually fuller than I realized and don't even need the rest of what would have been a standard size serving for me. BIG calorie saver! Another version of this would be to eat a handful of veggies and then come back to eat your meal. The veggies need time to get to your tummy so they knock the edge of your hunger.
3. ONLY eat at your dining room table. You may not watch T.V. and you may not read. Your focus should be on family and food. We are much less likely to snack if we have to sit down at the table with it. I tried this, and was reading while eating. Big no-no for me, I eat twice as much when I'm reading because I'm not thinking about the food.
4. Stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. Your metabolism is already tucking in for the night and you will be packing those calories right onto your thighs! If you are used to late night eating (I am!) Cut off and hour before bedtime for a week or 2 and then move it up by 15 min increments as you adjust to new habits. I sleep better.
These are all helping me, though I'm not doing any of them 100% of the time yet. I am feeling better and anticipate huge rewards because of all the calories I'm not eating! Think through your day and find the weak spots then be creative and figure out ways to help yourself through them. One thing I just started doing is making myself breath deep and doing stretches for each muscle group before I allow myself to have a snack, even if it is a healthy one. I'm doing something good for my body, and it is making me work for food that I may not really want. I'd say 3 out of 5 times I focus on my body which reminds me of my goal, and I also am proud of myself for sticking to the plan of stretching, then I don't want the snack. The other 2 times I really didn't want to stretch, so I broke my rule and ate anyway. (If I stick to the plan of stretching everytime, will it be a 100% effective plan?)
I'm signing off here. I've got to start following my own advice. I've been doing more and more each day, and when I lost weight before baby #4 this is the main way I did it. I'm trying to follow W.W, but I'm finding it harder than I expected. I cook alot from scatch and don't know how many points the recipes are, or what the accurate serving should be. Then I just don't calculate my points for the day because I figure I'm so off.
Gotta go, baby wants to nurse. (I already made up for not posting for a few days anyway! )
Night all.
Jenni
luvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #33  

hey jenni sorry to hear you weren't feelin well to.
We make tons of food from scratch. I use http://www.fitday.com to help me. Some times it doesn't have it but it has something close to it.

Carrie and Jenni this is from 3fatchicks site about thanksgiving and holiday's
http://www.3fatchicks.com/food/thanksgiving-tips.php

Last edited by scorchin; 11-08-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #34  
Proud Mama

Awesome! I'll check that out!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #35  

Well doing good so far on my goals for this week how bout you guys???
Old 11-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #36  

Carrie,
Congratulations on ur 5lbs weight loss I so proud of you. I think when you reach ONEderland you should reward your self with something. Like lipstick, earrings, new shirt, purse shoes.some thing not to big but not to small either coz reaching that isn't easy. Your sooo close to it i beat within the next couple weeks you'll be there..
Well today i did bad but i had points saved up so thats ok. I had pizza 3 slices 6 points each and taco bell 1/2 grilled stuffed burrito 7 points and 1/2 nacho supreme 5 points hehe... Haven't reached my water goal i'm only at 32oz right now, so I'm gonna try to drink some more before bed...
Old 11-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #37  
Proud Mama

Awww! Thanks! I am so excited!!! I think what really works for my body (especially since this is a lifestyle change, and we have to live with our choices..) is for me to do low carb mainly, but then switch to a couple of days of low fat, (or a week, if that's what the buget calls for ). That way I can really watch what I'm eating, and enjoy what my husband makes, and I can enjoy fruits and veggies too.

Yes, I think a new lipstick or something would be great. Or maybe (MOST LIKELY) a new tin whistle! My husband doesn't buy me jewelery. lol He buys me instruments! YAY! They can be addictive to me! LOL Make-up and instruments.. YAY! JOY!!

I'm excited to get back into my old clothes. I already am wearing some things from last year. But I'll never be like this again.

My husband and I had a HUGe talk today. I asked him if he was really going to be ok with me being thin again. With all of the junk we've come through, I want to keep making sure that we are both on the same page. Part of the reason why I gained weight in the first place was to protect myself from the outstide world.. But I want to make sure that my husband is truely alright with me being a pretty girl, even to the outside world. He is really working on some of these issues, but I think we've come a LONG, LONG way. YAY! I can't wait to feel young and vibrant again!

Thanks girls for your ongoing support.

HUGS!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:43 PM   #38  

Carrie,
i told my husband to gain so much weight so that no girls would look at him hehe... We went and exercised today at the rec center.
They just had a thing about low carb diets on our local news today about how much more expensive it is compared to normal foods but they said that within the next yr or so they should drop some. this one lady said her pasta noodles cost $5 (two years ago) and now cost $2.75, so thats a lot of money.
take care girls,
Heather
Old 11-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #39  
Proud Mama

Thats funny! Don't ya wish it REALLY worked that way? What a concept. What did your husband say to that?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:20 PM   #40  

he laughed and thought it funny
Old 11-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #41  

ok ladies,
UR goals for this week?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #42  
Proud Mama

Heather, Goals for week, and I am totally sticking to it!!!!! water intake, walk at least 3x this week (my poor dog!) and I'm lowcarbin it. NO cheats. Hopefully another 5 lbs gone?? I hope, I hope, I hope?!

I saw all the latest fashions out for this winter, and ooohhh, I want my old body back!

What's your goal?? Rewards??
Old 11-18-2004, 02:01 AM   #43  

For this week I want to exercise 5 times this week and make sure my water level is 6 or 7 glasses this week. Reward, hadn't thought of any yet.
Thanksgiving is a week away. I'm thinking Of decreasing my food intake next week to only eat 20-21points from monday to wednesday and exercising monday - wednesday so I can have lots of points saved for thanksgiving and not ruin my weight loss work. Tomorrow I have a placement test for school which starts nov 29( so close). I will go three times a week at night so I can still do my schooling with my nephew and be able to my exercises and things. Going to Itt tech with my husband so that gonna be good.
Talk to ya later,
Heather
Old 11-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #44  
Proud Mama

Wow Heather! That is pretty exciting about school! You must be thrilled! I haven't had a chance to go to school yet. I'll be able to go when the kids get older. How awesome for you!

I am going to do really low carb, and splurge a little for Thanksgiving. Or maybe I'll just make sure we have endulging low carb treats. I'm going to do LC (as my budget permits), then switch back to low fat towards the end.

I didn't do very well with the water yesterday. I got about 6 glasses. 8 is better, but sheesh!
Old 11-18-2004, 11:17 AM   #45  
Proud Mama

YAY!!! I just weighed myself! I lost 2 more pounds YAY!!!!! I just need to keep on, keepin on!!! Hopefully I'll have enough will power to just indulge on the LC foods for thanksgiving. Mmmmmmm... Can't wait to have turkey with the skin!! MMM Salami and cream cheese rolls, mmmmmmm

WE ARE GONNA DO THIS!