Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #1  

Default Ovulation= obstacle?

Every month I go through the same cycle. During menstruation I am very good with my exercise and diet. I continue to be good until ovulation. Then I cannot control myself. I start eating uncontrollably. I continue even after I am uncomfortably full. Discipline evades me during these times. I eat so much I always gain weight during this period of time. Then right at or around the beginning of my period I begin feeling shame and self-loathing. I become disciplined again after this point and the cycle begins again. It happens every month without fail.

Does anyone else experience this? Do you know of any information on this?
AngelForLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:18 PM   #2  

I have the same exact problem and it has led to a pitfall on almost every weight loss attempt I have made. I can do fine up until that one point and then it's an all out attack! I have read things such as keeping healthy snacks in the house to help curb the cravings but that doesn't help me! I get a craving especially for chocolate and I am not satisfied until I am literally sick of it! Then I'm all depressed after a couple of days b/c I messed up!. That way I plan on handling this is to simply do nothing. Don't get me wrong, I havent' given up on weight loss, but I figure if I can do well throughout the month, and stick to healthy choices/portions and incorporate exercise, one or two days is not going to blow it for me. Some people allow one day a week to cheat, but I would probably over do it, but once or twice a month I have no problem with. I hope this helps, but some cravings simply cannot be curbed. Especially during that time of the month.
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:43 PM   #3  

When it comes to cravings of any type, I remind myself that just because I have a craving doesn't mean I have to give in to it. I have found it helpful to hang on through **** and high water to NOT feed a craving AT ALL. Over time it will dry up -- maybe not completely, but to a significant degree. Every time you feed it, even in a controlled way or with a substitute, you just reinforce it. If you stop rewarding that voice by giving it what it wants, however, it'll get quieter and quieter. It's basic psychology.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #4  
Searching for Motivation

Boy, I don't know about it being psychological funniegrrl. I think in these instances it's more physiological than anything. Your hormones are distorting everything in your body during this time and I don't think it matters how hard you try to control it, it's just inevitable that you're going to cheat. Will power is one thing, but in my opinion, this is not simply a case of mind over matter.

Just my 2 cents. I'd be interested to hear thoughts from people of the medical profession...

Good luck through those cravings Angel...my thoughts are with you.
sassypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #5  

I have the same problem. I am extremely disciplined more than a majority of the month, sticking to a healthy, very healthy eating plan, and excersizing a good 5-6 days a week. Then, the few first days of my period, I completely lose the self-control, I possesed but merely a few hours earlier. And I do the same, overeating until stuffed, and am worried that this may become a habit. I haven't ever really had this happen until a couple months ago and I'm really quite worried. I think that I just can't allow myself a "free" day because i LET it get out of control for a few days after that. Next month, when this dreaded time comes around, I'll busy myself up, and continue to say what I say to myself the rest of the month. Ask yourself a few questions:
IS IT REALLY WORTH IT? all that fat and sugar that will inevitably end up around your waist, or on your thighs, or cause untimely diseases or even death. The obvious answer is NO. Then just keep replaying your goal in your head, and think of how great you'll look and feels when you can finally say that you met your goal.
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #6  

Hi,
I am new and i just want to say Hi and don't give up!
I want to lose 20p and it seem too hard for me.
I know abt the diet patch offer by mydietpatch.com.
Is there anyone know abt it? Is it safe and does it works?
Thanks alot!
linvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:06 PM   #7  

I personally don't know about the diet patch, but I definately don't agree with the diest/weight loss pills, or gimmicks. They just aren't healthy, and if you're in it for the long-run, to really change your lifestyle, eating and exersize wise, then these lose weight quick pills and products are just that, and aren't even guaranteed to work.
My suggestion is to just keep your goal in mind! And think of how great you'll look and feel when you reach that goal.
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote