Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #1  

Question How much fat is too little?

If I cut my fat grams down to 20 - 30 is that too little? I don't want to start losing my hair or anything...
Shelle_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #2  
Nathalie

S/C/G: 200/197/170

I have been eating about 50 grams a day and am losing weight. I have been using this program on www.fitday.com and it helps me calculate how many carbs and calories and fat I have been eating each day. Why would you thin that your hair would start falling out?
cameronnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

20-30 is what we need to utilize the nutrients in our food. I'd stick closer to 30 and be sure they are good fats.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #4  

In losing weight, calories are more important than fat grams. Set a reasonable calorie goal for yourself and then track fat as a percentage of your total intake. Most healthy plans recommend anywhere from 20% to 30% of your daily intake come from fat. As already mentioned, Fitday.com is a great place to track this type of information, I highly recommend it.

If you'd like guidance on what a reasonable calorie allowance might be, check out www.room42.com.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote