Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2004, 05:36 PM   #1  

Question Anone interested in joining new challenge?

Hi everyone,
I have just joined today looking for moral support. I started my 100 day regime on 1st June with the idea that in 100 days I could lose some weight, feel better about myself and stop missing out on opportunities. I am 44 - 45 in August but still feel 30.Single mother with nearly 13 year old daughter. I live in the UK and am now desperate to ditch the blubber and start living again. I decided to invest in myself and get some support in my journey. I am 5'5'' tall and weigh 196 pounds. Starting my new regime on 1st June I've now lost 13lbs . I have booked a personal trainer and now do moderate excercise sevral times a week - which is amazing since I haven't excercised for 20 or so years. I have also started to treat myself to a massage or other treatment once a week (began this week) I am eating very healthily - low fat yougurts, salads + veggies, lots of shellfish + fruit. I feel great most of the time but sometimes - like tonight -the enormous task of losing such a lot of weight seems such a long way off.
Is there anyone that wants to join me in a highly focussed campaign to look fabulous, feel fabulous and maybe exchange motivational thread or email.
dietdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:29 PM   #2  

Hello DIet Deva. I will be 46 in August. I am shorter than you and weigh more than you-5'3" and 206.5. I have been married for 27 years and have a 26 year old son. I had loss over 80 pounds and very foolisly put most of it back on. So I am back to square one, and my husband is also trying to lose weight, so that helps. Congratulations on losing 13 pounds. We eat a lot of shell fish also. We live in an area where we can catch our own shrimp, crab and fish, we also have a lot of crawfish and that is all healthy food. Anyway looking forward to hearing from you. Well the NASCAR race is getting ready to start and we love to watch so I'll catch you later. God Bless
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #3  

Default Thank you

Thank you for your reply - it's tough isn't it. 80 llbs is an amazing loss so very well done for that - you'll do it again you have done it once.
It's hard and miserable but we can get there.We just have to keep positive and keep going. Lucky you with all that shellfish - that'll be so good for you.
Let me know how you get on. Kind regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praytherosary822
Hello DIet Deva. I will be 46 in August. I am shorter than you and weigh more than you-5'3" and 206.5. I have been married for 27 years and have a 26 year old son. I had loss over 80 pounds and very foolisly put most of it back on. So I am back to square one, and my husband is also trying to lose weight, so that helps. Congratulations on losing 13 pounds. We eat a lot of shell fish also. We live in an area where we can catch our own shrimp, crab and fish, we also have a lot of crawfish and that is all healthy food. Anyway looking forward to hearing from you. Well the NASCAR race is getting ready to start and we love to watch so I'll catch you later. God Bless
Old 07-04-2004, 10:12 PM   #4  

Dietdeva. If I end up with no gain or loss this week I'll be so lucky. We celebrated my husband's birthday yesterday with friends, his birthday is tomorrow, but since his friend is working we celebrated yesterday with fried chicken and german chocolate cake. Tomorrow the girls that work for us are bringin him a cookie cake, girl I am in trouble. But you know what, there is always another day and life is too short to go without all the time, so I will give thanks for him and his life and the blessing that he is to me and I will celebrate with him and get back on track Tuesday. God Bless. Will catch you tomorrow night.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #5  

Default Enjoy!!!

Counting your blessings is more fun than counting your calories so enjoy!! It sounds like you have a lovely lot of friends and family and your husband should enjoy his celebration.
I am feeling a little down today. I've been so good and not faltered for 37 days but the weight this week remains steady and not budging a pound.
How depressing!
Enjoy the cake and the fun and Happy Birthday to the old man.

Quote:
Dietdeva. If I end up with no gain or loss this week I'll be so lucky. We celebrated my husband's birthday yesterday with friends, his birthday is tomorrow, but since his friend is working we celebrated yesterday with fried chicken and german chocolate cake. Tomorrow the girls that work for us are bringin him a cookie cake, girl I am in trouble. But you know what, there is always another day and life is too short to go without all the time, so I will give thanks for him and his life and the blessing that he is to me and I will celebrate with him and get back on track Tuesday. God Bless. Will catch you tomorrow night.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #6  

Dietdeva. I remember that when I was in TOPS that it wasn't the weeks that I had a gain that I took the hardest because I knew I deserved the gain, but it was the weeks that I did EVERYTHING right and the scale didn't move or went up. That just about drove me nuts. Do you keep a food journal? If you lift weights, remember that muscle weighs more than fat and do you measure, it may not be showing up on the scale but it may be showing in the measuring. Anyway have a blessed evening. Will check with you tomorrow. God Bless.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:27 PM   #7  

Thanks for the message - you are so right. Those are the times that you need to keep the faith!! How did you do today did you have a nice time and your hubby a nice birthday?
I'm feeling happier today - at my weekly weigh I should show a loss of 3llbs - yippee.
By the way what is TOPS? Are you starting back on track today? C'mon you can do it! Lets do it together just think how good we'll feel in a few months - even weeks.
Kindest regards.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #8  

TOPS is a support group that stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It's a really good support system. Yes we are back on track today. We celebrated is birthday Saturday and Monday his friends worked Monday so that is why we celebrated Saturday and we were off together Monday so we celebrated. Did we overeat? Yes. Did we gain? Yes. But there is always today to start over and that we did. TOPS does not endorse a particular diet, you can join no matter what diet you are following, but they do have a book that gives healthy eating habits, it is a diet like weight watchers so many carbs, proteins, fat, fruits, veggies, dairy and so on. Anyway we were going to walk this morning and it's that time of the month and I didn't feel like getting out of bed much less like walking. Maybe Thursday, tomorrow we are off and have a meeting with a sales rep. Anyway have a blessed evening, will check back with you tomorrow. God Bless.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:47 PM   #9  

Default Back on track - good for you!

Good for you - another day a new beginning!
I am getting excited it's day 37 and I've only had one cake - my daughter cooked apple muffins at school so it would have been a sin not to eat it. I just keep thinking that one day I will be slim. A long day off mind - but still it will be one day. For this 100 days this is my main focus trying to improve myself. Can't wait for the day that I do not have to buy outsize clothes anymore, If only that could be tomorow,
God bless.

Quote:
TOPS is a support group that stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It's a really good support system. Yes we are back on track today. We celebrated is birthday Saturday and Monday his friends worked Monday so that is why we celebrated Saturday and we were off together Monday so we celebrated. Did we overeat? Yes. Did we gain? Yes. But there is always today to start over and that we did. TOPS does not endorse a particular diet, you can join no matter what diet you are following, but they do have a book that gives healthy eating habits, it is a diet like weight watchers so many carbs, proteins, fat, fruits, veggies, dairy and so on. Anyway we were going to walk this morning and it's that time of the month and I didn't feel like getting out of bed much less like walking. Maybe Thursday, tomorrow we are off and have a meeting with a sales rep. Anyway have a blessed evening, will check back with you tomorrow. God Bless.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:42 PM   #10  

Hello Dietdeva. I know what you mean about buying "normal" size clothes. I had loss over 80 pounds and I foolisly put most of it back on, anyway, do you know that when I would go to buy clothes that I would still head for the plus size clothes size that I wore when I was my heaviest. It's like it wasn't me that was that skinny, maybe that's part of the reason I put it back on was that I never realized that I took it off, who knows. Anyway I will encourage you any way you need. Take care and God BLess.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #11  

Wink thank you it means a lot

It's great to get moral support isn't it, Today I will have been dieting for 37 days and it feels good. I have lost about 17llbs. Still huge but one day I hope I;ll fit into size 12 clothes. 80 poinds is such an acievement - how did you do it. Also I have been listening to self help tapes. Would you consider that? It may help you make that adjustment that we all need to let our minds catch up with our bodies.
How are you doing now after your cake fest!
Let me know.
Kind regards

Quote:
Hello Dietdeva. I know what you mean about buying "normal" size clothes. I had loss over 80 pounds and I foolisly put most of it back on, anyway, do you know that when I would go to buy clothes that I would still head for the plus size clothes size that I wore when I was my heaviest. It's like it wasn't me that was that skinny, maybe that's part of the reason I put it back on was that I never realized that I took it off, who knows. Anyway I will encourage you any way you need. Take care and God BLess.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #12  

Hello Dietdeva. Well let's just say since we had our cake and ate it too, we will probably not have a good weigh in this week! Oh, well we are back on track. I loss the weight the first time by eating healthy, I followed a 1200 a day diet, but actually didn't realize until later that it should have been at least 1300 calories. Now we are doing the Lightweigh. It is a program based on the teachings of the Catholic church, but all faiths are very welcomed. In a nutshell, you eat what you want, eat only when hungry, eat only a fist size of food which is the size of your stomach when shrunk down to it's normal size, you eat slowly and take small bites, and leave the last bite for your guardian angel, which helps you achieve peace with food, and the dog thinks that is just the greates idea since she usually gets the last bite. When I follow this I do well, problem is I usually have a larger portion than I should have, but with God's help I will overcome. Anyway have a blessed evening. Take care and God Bless.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:21 PM   #13  

Default that's a really good way to do it

If you have the disclipine it's great! I am just trying to resist eating some bread, or cake or carbohydrate. I have only have limited carbohydrates at the moment - comlex one's in porridge for instance. Think I'll have to stay out of the kitchen tonight to keep away from temptation. Maybe watch a dvd or something. Well done for getting back on track. That is the hard thing isn't it- the mental determination.
Still you've got - I've got it - we can do it!!!! Have a great weekend.
Kind regards.

Quote:
Hello Dietdeva. Well let's just say since we had our cake and ate it too, we will probably not have a good weigh in this week! Oh, well we are back on track. I loss the weight the first time by eating healthy, I followed a 1200 a day diet, but actually didn't realize until later that it should have been at least 1300 calories. Now we are doing the Lightweigh. It is a program based on the teachings of the Catholic church, but all faiths are very welcomed. In a nutshell, you eat what you want, eat only when hungry, eat only a fist size of food which is the size of your stomach when shrunk down to it's normal size, you eat slowly and take small bites, and leave the last bite for your guardian angel, which helps you achieve peace with food, and the dog thinks that is just the greates idea since she usually gets the last bite. When I follow this I do well, problem is I usually have a larger portion than I should have, but with God's help I will overcome. Anyway have a blessed evening. Take care and God Bless.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #14  

Hello dietdeva. Well the weigh in was not good as expected, no surprise there, and I am not going to obsess about it. We are back on track and that is all that matters. GIrl, don't think I could live without carbs. I tried the South Beach Diet and for the first two weeks you get no carbs, well, by the end of the first week I was fit to be killed-I was not handling not having carbs well. I just cannot do without all the major food groups-and as long as I keep it in proper portion sizes I think I will be ok. Anyway have a blessed weekend and God Bless. I need to go and wake up the dog who is dreaming and whinning in her sleep.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #15  

Wink Don't worry

There's always next weeks weigh in. The thing about carbs is to have the complex ones. I have only had complex ones so far for the duration of my 100 day challenge - 41 days so far. I love sandwiches so much but don't crave them now. My personal trainer said that new potatoes are better than jacket potatoes so go for them if possible. Could you try brown rice? Porridge is good too. I'll ask her about how to deal with carb cravings - I can't believe that I have just got them out of my system. I love toast and muffins and crumpets....but I love losing pounds even better. Don't worry though life's too short. You'll do it - you did before. Keep reminding yourself that you did it before hang onto that feeling and do what you did before.
By the way thanks for keeping up this thread - you really are helping me! Have a great night!
Kind regards.

Quote:
Hello dietdeva. Well the weigh in was not good as expected, no surprise there, and I am not going to obsess about it. We are back on track and that is all that matters. GIrl, don't think I could live without carbs. I tried the South Beach Diet and for the first two weeks you get no carbs, well, by the end of the first week I was fit to be killed-I was not handling not having carbs well. I just cannot do without all the major food groups-and as long as I keep it in proper portion sizes I think I will be ok. Anyway have a blessed weekend and God Bless. I need to go and wake up the dog who is dreaming and whinning in her sleep.