3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Unconventional Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/43668-unconventional-support.html)

fotojunkie 07-17-2004 07:06 PM

Unconventional Support

We must find a replacement for "comfort food" if we want to be successful in our weightloss goals.

I have found that my little dog is a wonderful comfort. "Lexie" is a 3 pound 2 year old Chihuahua. She is so intuitive! It seems as if she knows when I am having a tough time. She sits in my lap and searches my face with those huge eyes. It seems as if she knows I am out of kilter and she wants to help me. She is always very close to me, follows me everywhere, but at these times she is especially close, nuzzling my face, even pawing at me and resting her head on me.

Next to my husband, she is my greatest source of support. I feel calmer and more in control when she sits on my lap and I pet her. Just to know that another living, breathing creature is empathetic to my emotions is such a comfort.

What is your comfort and suport that others may find unconventional? :)

Suzanne 3FC 07-17-2004 08:54 PM

Ooh, I agree that pets are wonderful sources of support! I also have a (just under) 3lb chihuahua :) Lola is around 9 years old, and is very affectionate. Pets have been shown to have a positive effect on our blood pressure and heart rate. Plus, they encourage us to get out and walk, which also helps our weight loss efforts. I believe that a lot of our walkers have dogs.

I enjoyed reading about Lexie and the support she gives you :)

Amarantha2 07-17-2004 08:55 PM

My best supporter is my Old Dog!

She's also a good diet aid, as if I have anything to eat I have to share it with her!

fotojunkie 07-17-2004 09:53 PM

Suzanne,
Just under 3 pounds! What a little bitty! Lex's father was 1.9 lbs. She is just such a little character. She is sitting on my lap right now. I got her as an adult and we bonded almost instantly. I am "her person." She tolerates my husband and kids, but I am all hers!

Amarantha,
lol I have to share with Lex too! She isn't allowed to sit on me when I eat, and she doesn't beg so I feel like I owe her some nibbles (in her own bowl, on the floor). I want to reward her for being so polite.
And she loves my recipes!

Jennifer 3FC 07-17-2004 11:43 PM

I heard there was chihuahua talk here! I have a baby named Truffle. Today at the vet she was 2.1 pounds. Not sure what she will wind up weighing. I would have liked an adult, but we couldn't find any near us. She's affectionate to us, but I'm afraid she isn't going to be very sociable. We're working on that!

fotojunkie 07-18-2004 12:05 AM

If you figure out how to socialize a Chihuahua let me know! Lexie freaks out when anyone comes around her other than Mark, me and sometimes my daughter. I take her to PetSmart sometimes for short trips to get her used to people but she shakes so badly her little bell on her collar just goes crazy!

She's my little buddy, though.