3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   April Chicks...#3.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/40618-april-chicks-3-a.html)

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 02:48 PM

April Chicks...#3..

Welcome to APRIL CHICKS.....get cha a dose of healthy.

eatnothingalive 05-13-2004 03:07 PM

hiya there, I am new to the april chicks and I have found you gals to be really supportive and fun... it's 3pm and I am struggling right now not to pig out!! Ive had about 500 calories today... I am sticking to a 1200-1300 calories a day and like to "save" about 600-700 for dinner so I can feel full through til bedtime so I don't binge (I eat around 6 and go to bed around 1am)...

I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so right now my stomach is growling constantly in protest, having gotten used to me just eating whatever I want, whenever I want (gee I wonder why I gained all my weight back and then some!)...so I am on this site almost constantly for support and a diversion from eating... I also took before pics that I look at when I want to eat (great deterrent!)...I am a scale addict, so I don't have a scale at home---I only started 3 days ago anyway--so I don't weigh myself til next Tuesday, where I hope I will have lost at least 3lbs...I normally lose about 3lbs a week when I'm this big until I hit about 200, then it slows down...

Thanks for listening!! Pray I get through til dinner without binging! 3 more hours!

Tara

SW=267--5/11/04
CW=267--5/13/04
GW=140

mini goal-250

hippiechic 05-13-2004 03:27 PM

Hey Tara! We sound like we have a lot in common.... I am also a late nighter and have just started eating dinner at .....well at dinner time, I used to eat dinner at like 10:00 pm, so it has been an adjustment. If you get hungry before dinner try munching on an apple or something small like that.... carrot sticks, a low fat granola bar, then you dont feel like you are just waiting until you can eat again.....I am also on here alot or I check it all through the day, I have access to the internet at work (I work in a bank) so I am usuallly lurking around somewhere.... every couple of hours or so.... I hope everyone has a good day...Jamie

scorchin 05-13-2004 03:32 PM

Good Report

MY DOCTOR APP WENT GREAT HE SAID IT WASN'T REJECTION IT WAS JUST MY MEDS WERE TO HIGH AND I GET TO GO TO FORT STEWART AT THE END OF THIS MONTH YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE... HOWEVER I'M SWOLLEN TODAY YUCKY STUPID MEDS AND STUPID WATER RETENTION HEHE :( SO I LOOK LIKE A BALLOON AND WOULDN'T U KNOW IT TODAY IM SUPPOSE TO GO CLOTHES SHOPPING FOR A SKIRT LOL..........
Heya Tara WELCOME,
DO U happen to have and veggies or fruit around the house???
u can have around 1oz of veggies for under 100 calories and they make great lil snacks so u can save up for dinner
OR fruit is good to....
another great snack is the mini goldfish u can have like 89 of them for 150 calories and 6grams of fat, I normally only eat about 50 of them....
I try to save around 500 cals for dinner as well.... I eat between 1000-1300(its ok if it goes over 1300 a lil)

Much Love everyone,
Heather :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 03:52 PM

Hey Jamie.......this one's for you...

Cheese Enchilada casserole

1 cup(4oz) shredded reduced fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup choppped tomato
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onion
2 tsp. chili powder
2 garlic cloves,minced
9 (6") corn tortillas
spray
1 cup taco sauce
1/4 cup shredded monteray Jack cheese

preheat 375'

combine first 6 things in a medium bowl.
Arrange 3 tortillas in bottom of a 11x14" baking dish, sprayed.
Spread half the cheese mixture over the totillas.
Repeat with next 3 tortillas and remaining mixture.
lay last 3 on top.
Pour taco sauce over all and sprinkle with jack cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
serves 4

calories:299(18% from fat)
Fat:6 grams.
Protein:19.1 grams.
Fiber:4.3 grams.

If you want you could add 1 cup of shredded chicken to the mixture, it would add 60 calories to each serving, and just a trace of fat.

Hey I'm a half breed....1/2 cuban..1/2 white (off shade of white thats all mixed too, english,irish...)
Diane

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 04:10 PM

Hey Tara,

Night time is a rough time for me also, but now I eat every 2-3 hours.

I have breakfast then something in between till lunch, then about 3 pm a little something then dinner then something later,
it keeps my metabolism burning, and keeps me from binging as i know its only a couple of hours till I eat again.
Sometimes I get busy and forget to eat.
Also I have water before I eat ANYTHING,then I wait about 15 minutes.

I read today that there is a direct correlation between low fat dairy products and weight loss, people who drank fat free milk, ate lowfat yogurt or cheese lost 70% more weight than others who cut it out totally.
Calcium is the factor but calcium pills didn't work as well.
Also green leafy veggy's are high in calcium.
4 servings a day of low fat dairy, are the best for weight loss.

In between meals I usually have yogurt..or a rye crisp...grapes...a v-8...a piece of fruit...corrots...celery...or if I didn't eat everything from my previous meal I finish that.

I eat ALOT of beans and brown rice, alot of veggies and NOTHING WHITE.
Sugar,bread,pasta.
All pasta and bread are whole wheat,whole grain, or vegtable based.
I use Splenda in place of sugar.
When I bake I use unsweetened applesauce in place of oil or shortening.
If I do use oil, to saute or in a vinegrette I use olive oil.

Hope some of this helps.
Gosh these chicks sure do have some good ideas,
Diane

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 04:16 PM

{{{{{{{HEATHER}}}}}}}}

I'm doin' the healthy kidney dance......la la la la la.

Thats so great!!!!!!
Gee you must have been worried, I'm so happy for you.

Get your rest and take care.
Diane

CHICKS...
I talked to FM and she may not get back here till next week so she didn't want anyone to start worrying....

NancyDrew 05-13-2004 04:24 PM

I'm new too

Tara,
I am new here and just started a new diet as well. Today around 10 am I was famished, they had Krispy Kremes in the back and we don't go to lunch until 12. My stomach was growling.... but I just drank more water, started doing something and ignored it. Pretty soon the hunger growl went away and I had my healthy lunch. I think if you just ignore the hunger it will actually go away (for you pros, I could be wrong, please advise)
Stay strong with me, Tara!

eatnothingalive 05-13-2004 04:44 PM

Thanks everyone! It's about 4:40pm and I am holding strong! In the past I have tried eating every few hours and keeping within my calorie range, but I found that I binged too much, so eating 3 meals a day works for me with a couple of low cal snacks in between. I absolutely HAVE to get on the excersise wagon, but I can't bring myself to do more than some moderate walking for now. I figure once I lose a few pounds (10-15), that excersising will become easier for me and I will enjoy it more...like I said before, I am waiting for the YMCA membership to come through (it takes about a month when you sign up for a reduced rate) so that will be exciting, and will up my excersise, as the Y is only a couple minutes away and we have a great facility here...

I am just struggling through my first week here back on a plan--I find once I get over the first couple weeks, it becomes easier and my stomach gets "trained" to eating less so it doesn't growl so much...I try to embrace the growling, as a reminder that my body is eating fat!! I am drinking TONS of water and peeing all the time which is annoying, but good...
Staying strong!
I can't wait to weigh in next Tuesday!!

SW=267--5/11/04
CW=267--5/13/04
GW=140

mini goal-250

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 04:48 PM

That bad KK monster...Nancy Drew had him all figured out....YOU SHOWED HIM!!!!!

Thats great, are you eating breakfast???
I try to keep my main meals @ 300-350 cal. and my snacks about 100.
If snack time rolls around and I skip it then I add the extra 100 to the next meal or to an after dinner dessert.

Here's a Brownie recipe...66 CALORIES EACH!!!! 1 gram of FAT!!!!!
Fudge Pudding Brownies

1cup all purp flour (I use 3/4 all purp.1/4 whole wheat)
1 1/2 c.Splenda
2 tsp mollasses
2TBL. + 1/4 cup cocoa divided
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup boiling water

Preheat to 350'
Coat 8" square baking pan with spray.
In bowl combine flour,3/4cup splenda,,2 Tbl. cocoa,baking powder and salt.
Add milk ,applesauce, and vanilla. Pour into pan.
In other bowl add 3/4 cup splenda,molasses,and boiling water,and 1/4 cup cocoa.
Mix well and pour over batter in pan slowly.
Bake for 40 min.Cool pan on wire rack.
Cut into 9 squares.

Calories:66
Fat:1 gram
Fiber:2 grams
Protein:3 grams

favepairobluejeans 05-13-2004 04:49 PM

Heather, the healthy kidney report is AWESOME!!! Yeah!

Great suggestions everyone, on how to get through the evening. Last night, hubby really wanted some brownies, I made them for him, but you know, they really weren't that tempting too me. Weird! I had one, but I didn't even really enjoy it. I put the extra frosting in the freezer, so we can't just go get it and put it on grahm crackers, this way, we have to really have thought it out first in order to get it!

I just had lunch with a lady from church, I really enjoyed her company, we had a great time. We tried a new restaurant, I think I could eat there on occasion, and not need to feel too guilty, there were alot of fresh veggies and fruits to choose from, and just good fresh cafe food. So nice to find a place with something other than greasy hamburger on the menu Hooray!

Any suggestions for me on how to slow/stop the PMS water gain? I have gained 3 lbs since Sunday, and I am so uncomfortable, its not even funny. I've been gulping down as much water as my bladder will let me, and taking Midol, but my normally comfortable ( to almost slightly loose, last week) pants are cutting into me!!!! AAAGGGHH!!!!

I would love to hear your suggestions,
Thanks, Lisa

findingmyself 05-13-2004 06:40 PM

Vitamin C

Lisa,

an old dr friend told me that vitamin C is the way to eliviate a lot of the PMS symptoms that are caused from water retention, including irritablity which is caused from excess pressure from water retention. She swore by citrus fruit and lots of water for a solution. It workds from my own experience.

Heather,
congratulations. Glad you got some good news. Glad you had a safe trip. So now you are able to travel more? Is that what you were saying.

Tara,
That was pretty strong. I love Krispy Kremes. That is one of those foods I just avoid like the plague cuz I have no control. :devil:

Good luck to everyone. Stay motivated. I willl do my best too. I just keep trying to vision me thin again and know that no matter how hard this is it will be harder to stay the way I am emotionally. Just me.

I will be working lots basically sleep and work rarely even eat. So I may not be around much. But I will be thinking of you chicks and hoping you are all doing great.

Take care,
FM

ralphmarie 05-13-2004 06:45 PM

Hi Lisa,
Here's a link for WAY MORE info. than you would probably want to know about TOM.
But ALOT of useful info. especially if you like to do things the natural way, I am at that age now where I am peri-menopausal, and I take Dong Qui for my power surges(hot flashes).
http://www.peacefulmind.com/menstrual_problems_pms.htm

Good luck, and try to avoid any kind of diuretics...they deplete you of much needed minerals.
Diane

hippiechic 05-13-2004 07:38 PM

Diane, thanx for the recipe you are a life saver and YAY....to being a half breed! :D You also must be a pyschic cuz I have been wanting a brownie too along with my enchiladas..... and only 66 cals a piece WOOO-HOO! Heather, glad to hear your good news, I was prayin for ya! Nancy Drew, I am a Krispy Kreme nut, and lucky for me the closest one to my house is an hour drive away.......UNTIL , my work decided to have them shipped in daily (I work in a bank inside a grocery store ) so talk about temptation....so far so good though!! ALthough I was a little bitter at first since it was the week I decided to eat healthy, that they decided to bring them in. talk to you all soon, Jamie

eatnothingalive 05-13-2004 08:36 PM