Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2004, 10:35 PM   #1  

Default Talk about motivation!!

Hey all, I am new to the site and have been lurking for a few weeks and have found it to be very informative and supportive. I have re-dedicated myself to losing weight after gaining back 45lbs I lost and them some over the last 2 years. I am 26 (27 on the 20th), married to a great guy, and really want to get to my goal weight before I turn 30---

I really want a child/(ren) by the time I am 30 and I want to be at my goal weight or close to it before I conceive. I have over 100lbs to lose, but I would be happy to be under 200 at this point. I am so mad at myself because on my 25th birthday I was below 180 and I was looking really good, in a snug size 12 and pretty happy, but I let it all come back on and them some and I am ready to make this a lifestyle change and get the weight off for good. I think the thing I was lacking before was support that's why I came here...oh that, and I have an aversion to excersise, but I am looking to change that and get into a program I can live with.

Anyway, on to the motivation. I had my hubby take a *before* pic of me, full length, from the front and sides and OH MY GOD... I knew I was at my all time high, but the pictures sure don't lie. I saved them on my comp and I am planning on taking ones every month, in the same outfit, to keep me motivated and so I can actually SEE the results. I am looking forward to making some online buddies and getting some support on my journey.
My email is in my profile--I think I chose the option where others can contact me, and anyone can feel free to messege me on yahoo too.

I have been on my *plan* for 2 days now...2 very hungry days! I am keeping my calories between 1200-1300 right now because I am not excersising yet... I have been a strict vegetarian for about 8 years, but I get plenty of good protein...my problem isn't so much what I eat, but how much---I have no portion control...
I don't have a scale but I weigh in at the grocery store, which according to my hubby is accurate ( he was just at the doctor and he said the scale was the same as the store's) and I am at an all time high...which is depressing ...oh well though, anyway, I plan to weigh in once a week (or week and a half) when I go to the grocery store...

Thanks for listening and I hope we can all support eachother!!

SW=267...5/11/04
CW=267...5/12/04
GW=140

mini goal=250

I'll let ya know what happens when I weigh in next tuesday or wednesday!
Thanks,
Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #2  
Tons of fun!!!!

Hi there Tara! Welcome, isnt this site wonderful...... I just joined in April and its made a tremendous difference aready. If you want to you should read through the posts titled "april chicks" (there is a 1 and 2), these girls are all incredible and we all really support each other. Most of us are in the same boat as you ( needing to lose 100lbs or over) WE give each other weekly goals and we also just listen to each other, whether its a good day or a bad one.....you should come check us out and join in!! good luck on your goals!!!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote