Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #46  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Hi April!!!!!
Glad you made it I was thinking about you today.
heck your already winning by stopping the pop and the vending machine crappola.
I know you can do this.

If any of you go to the library there is the coolest book.
If you see it you will FREAK !!!!

Dr.Shapiro's Picture Perfect weight loss 30 day Plan..
There are beautiful color pictures showing you food like a piece of pie at so many calories -vs- what you could of had like 4 plates of food for the same amount of calories.

1 soft pretzel -vs- 4 boxes of cracker jacks
2 blueberry pop tarts-vs-3 lowfat waffles,1T.light syrup and a handful of bberries for the same calories
1 hagen daz ice cream bar -vs- 10 low cal fudgecicles...same calories

its pretty cool
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #47  

Default Good Day!

WoW Are numbers sure are growing!
WELCOME!
I thought I should post this, cause well I am proud! , I have been on the treadmill 4 outta the last five days! At a time of 30-35 minutes. And I am enjoying it! And Grace is so right about the water, I have developed a need for it during the last months when I upped my in take. what I am finding hard is finding interesting meals, for a vegetarian with ummm well lacking cooking skills.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Britt_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #48  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Britt leigh...I admire your determination.
You're going to make goal in no time.

I WANNA TREADMILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got in from walking Jackeddy but only went about a half a mile,looks like stormy weather's coming.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #49  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

OH also..www.fatfree.com has a bunch of vegetarian recipes
Old 05-01-2004, 09:40 PM   #50  

Default what is working for me

i tell myself every day that i AM not on a diet but that i have changed my BAD eating habits. i found out that i was eating when it was time(buzzer go off at work = eat) (hubby wants lunch so i would eat too, even tho i was not hungry yet) so now i am only eating when i am trully hungry and i am eating healthy. Bran cereal , banana , skim milk instead of eggs, bacon , toast, and home fries. for lunch ...lite turkey sandwich , yogert , and fruit instead of buger and fries. you get the point . i am also trying to drink water ...never did before. and only diet pop. so far this is working for me . i also joined t.o.p.s. the weekly weigh ins help because i know that it is being recorded.

i am trying to walk but dont always find the time. this is one thing that i need to work on. now that it is lighter in the mornings maybe i can go before work. well i better go.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #51  

Hi Diane Thanks for having me. E-mail me I would love to have that Low- Carb book. By the way how do i get those cute little pictures on the side? What plan are you doing? I will probally only do this low carb for a few month then try low-cal low fat. I got a tread-mill today and hopefull i'll be able to put it to use tonight. It's been so long since i actually worked out. I'm sure i'll be sore in the morning. I will every one good luck, and if you ever need support I'm here. Thanks
EvetteeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:31 PM   #52  

Default Are we doing the MAY EXERCISE CHALLENGE TOGETHER?

Hi everyone,

wow, lots happened in the last couple of days. It feels so good to come on here and know people are cheering you on. I am glad we have each other.

Did we decide to make our May challenge exercise? I thought we did but wasn't sure if we were all on board. I haven't exercised yet this month. My only excuse is that I have been working the last couple of nights. I work 12 hr shifts. But come Monday I will be on the treadmill again . I asked my husband to work out with me last week and he must have liked the idea. Cuz, every day since he has been really persistant about going. So I can't get out of it now.

Anyway, oh so sorry I am being rude. Welcome Aprilpepper, EvetteeJ, favpairojeans, bearzy2u and Graceful Goddess so glad you are here. You are right WE ALL ROCK! We are the April Chicks, hear us roar.

Is everyone starying motivated? It seems like most of us have been hanging around here for about a week. I know right now I have staryed pretty high on the weight loss thing. So far haven't lost track of my goals. Friday I had a rough day though. Kinda got down and almost thought about going down the road of "poor me, I have sooo much weight to lose I will never do it, might as well eat everything in sight". And then I got mad at myself and pouted for a while. Then I ate a tuna sandwhich, that was my bad thing. And I was going to keep looking for food but something clicked and I said no, I am not going to give up this easy. So I just counted my tuna sandwhich, it still fit in, early dinner I guess. And have been fine since.

What makes me get into a funk like that? I don't know? Do any of you do that? Get mad or sad and decide to punish yourself with food? I really don't know why I think eating more is going to solve anything. But I am glad that my temper tantrum was short lived.

I hope you are all having a great weekend. Talk to you soon
findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #53  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

EvEttee,

I pm'd you about the book, and if you want a little picture from your computer,go to the top of this page where it says user cp,then click on edit avatar,it will then have a place to upload..says "browse" it will open up your picture folder on your computer.
You may have to edit in paint or a photo program as it has to be a certain size.
My chicken is a painting I did and it was too big so I had to change it's size.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #54  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

Exclamation depressed and fat

hi everyone!!

i'm having a really bad day all around.... as a couple of you may know i also suffer from depression...and its been so bad lately and i don't know what to do anymore...my family knows i have depression....but i cant open up to anyone....its so easy on the net to just let it out...i am so scared of being judged....but not here....here its like i can let it all out....and not be afraid....some days i dont want to be me anymore....my life is so hectic and i feel so alone...even though i have a family...2 great kids....my son is 7 and he has ADHD...and that is tough to deal with....he is a really angry kid(maybe the divorce or the violence he saw when i was married caused his anger)....he cant control himself....and i feel so helpless...i have tried so many different things with him....pills, schedules, one on one time...but nothing is seeming to help....oh im sorry to be totally off subject....have any of you heard of PMDD - premenstrual dysphoric disorder? my depression seems worse around my time of the month...most of the other time it is manageable...almost....i could not bring myself to get up and out of bed for work for 3 days last week...and thats bad....i have kids too....i do get up and take care of them....get them what they need.....but i cry so easily, feel sad so often, i argue with my wonderful boyfriend for no reason, sometimes i feel out of control.....i am seeking some counseling....my job offers it for no cost for 3 visits....i know this is a weight loss forum....and im trying to lose weight also....i had a hard shell taco and refried beans for lunch..with crystal lite lemonade (replaced my pop intake with this stuff-only 5 calories per serving)....and had peanut butter and jelly toast....i know not healthy.....does anyone know how to diet on a budget?....and if anyone cares to talk to me at all about depression, ADHD and/or weight loss....i could use a [email protected] 2 l's in my name.....thanks
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #55  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

seems like there's something in the air...sniff,sniff...

I too am having a bad day, Larry left to go back to work..I've had him home for the last 4 and 1/2 months and we've been together every day.He left at 5 this evening and it's so lonely already..Jackeddy hasn't left my side since...where is that crowbar???

FM I'm glad you didn't cave,it's easy to stay on track while every thing is going smooth..its those rough times we all have to relearn to deal with,but just like with drugs, doesn't matter how high we get or how much we eat, afterwards the problems are still there to deal with only now we've just made it worse....good for you.

April, gosh sweetie, as I told you in our e-mails, I do know where you're coming from, and I hope you take ALL the help that is there for you, do your damndest to stay focused and know that by making yourself better you really are giving your family a gift.
I don't know if diet could effect ADHD??? But that may be a consideration too???
Does he eat alot of sugar,dairy,wheat???There may be some good internet sites, have you tried a Google search?? I'm sure there is also a forum somewhere that you can talk to other parents going through this.
ALSO..there is a depression and weight loss thread on this here board.

I started the May challenge in here some where ...post number 40 something, on page 3???

And everyone PLEASE remember...no one is 100% ALL the time,if you fall,or want to give up,...having a bad day,...or feel like running down the street naked pulling out your hair,...BEFORE you eat a whole whatever...THATS when you really need to come here.

Years ago I joined Weight Watchers and went in paid the dues started the meetings, got weighed...the next week I had dropped a couple of pounds..got some pats on the back and alot of encouragement.
Well then I weighed in at home before the next meeting and I gained some back and I was TOO EMBARRASSED to go back, I felt like I had let those complete strangers down.

Is that NUTTY or WHAT????

We are hear to cheer each other and here to pick each other up...nuff said.

Diane
Old 05-03-2004, 01:20 AM   #56  
Tons of fun!!!!

Default Ahhhhhhh..........

This was a hard weekend, I have been so jazzed ever since discovering this site, I am motivated and ready to go. I have been drinking water and cutting back on calories. Then I decided to fulfill my weekend goal and buy that stupid scale, so I got home and put it on the bathroom floor and stepped on it. Like i stated in my last post i have issues with scales, now I remember why.... So now I feel like I have such a huge long way to go and I dont understand why it has to take so long... So I just sat down and took it all in. What I should have done was logged on here earlier, it's amazing how most of us had the same kind of day, and its nice to know I am not alone and that I am not the only one who feels like giving up once in awhile. I think after a good night sleep I will feel better in the morning... talk to you all soon
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:57 AM   #57  
my dad made me1 from wood

I had a bad weekend first of all I so eat over my limit on friday night. and didn't exercise at all.... I must have eaten a ton... Then I got into a fight with my fiance a stupid one at that.... Then the pharmacy screwed up my meds for like the tenth time and of course it was my water renention one so now im swollen and look like a balloon... But tomorrow I make myself get up and go to workout........ THIS WEEKEND SUCKED.......
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:04 PM   #58  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

But you know what??????

Even after we each had a sucky day or weekend we decided to hang in there...thats what counts.

We can either continue and know that the weight WILL eventually come off, and stay the healthy course just because we are going to be healthy period.....or we can give up and just go back to where we said we didn't want to be.

When Larry left I did cry (said I wouldn't) and found myself trying to slip back into some bad behavior...opening up the fridge. Wasn't hungry, wasn't time to eat...but the old me wouldn't have cared I would have found the most junky thing in the house and ate it....BUT I GOT RID OF ALL THE JUNK !!!!!!!
Thank God!!!!!

When I realized that I snapped out of it and REALIZED what I was doing. I was reverting back to emotional eating.
It takes 21 days to create a habit, I am really going to concentrate for the next 3 weeks on when I think about eating for emotional reasons and find something else to do in its place.

I got on the scale today and I'm not going to say how much till Wed. morning weigh in on here but I have lost and I am really liking the plan I'm on.
I actually get tired of eating at times.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #59  

Default long road ahead

i think that we all forget that it took us a long time to get to where we are now, but want to lose it all over night. in the long run we should only lose 1 to 2 pounds a week to do it in a healthy way. besides if we lose too much too fast then we will be all jiggley and squishy . i want to be nice and firm ! so i am going at a slow pace and hope to keep up with the firmness. i really hadn't noticed much of a change with 17 pounds lost until i put on a pair of jeans that i hadn't worn in a while and they were really baggy in the butt !!! YEAH i even called my daughter in to see. Well i better go.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #60  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Here's to "Baggy in the butt" pants!!!!!!!!!