Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2004, 02:53 AM   #1  

Default New memeber looking for help.

Hi, I'm a 20 year old college student, and I'm just getting serious about losing weight. Ideally I'd like to drop about 50 lbs. I work out 3 times a week, but I'm not really on any sort of diet. I need to be on something that will be extremely convenient, since I live in a dormitory I have no way to cook, plus I have very limited financial resources. Could someone more familiar with this whole thing give me some suggestions as to how I should start out? Are there any diets that would be inexpensive and easy for me to get into? I'd appreciate any help a lot.

Thanks.
kels42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Wow. I'm surprised that you haven't gotten responses to this yet.

You're definitely in a tough situation. But I will say that going on a diet and changing your diet are two different things. One will set you up for failure and the other gives you a really good shot at success.

That being said, it sounds like you pretty much rely on a cafeteria for your meals. Is that right?

From what I've learned in my own experience and from reading the posts of those who have successfully lost weight and kept it off, one of the key things is eating whole foods. Things that haven't been processed. And things with lots of sugar.

The best I can say is do your research. Learn about what your body need and how to take care of it. Learn the emotional ties we have with food. Once you're armed with enough info, I'm sure you'll be able to make great choices for yourself!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:02 AM   #3  
my dad made me1 from wood

I have cut my calorie intake... I eat out a lot on the run tons and i get onto their websites and look up the food value and stuff another place i look up calories is www.fitday.com its a great website to help with calories intake, calorie burnine with different exercises. hopes this helps... email me sometime if you wanna chat...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote