3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   kind of embarrassing question... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/37203-kind-embarrassing-question.html)

LMG0511 02-26-2004 05:31 PM

kind of embarrassing question...

hi everybody, i am new to this website, and have been lurking around for a few days just to see if everybody would be supportive and nice...and it seems that you all are very understanding of each other, so i have a question.

i am a junior in college, and i just realized about a month ago i have gained 45 pounds since my freshman year. :eek: i think this is attributed to drinking too much, not really exercising, and a series of bad boyfriends. (not that i should blame weight gain on males...but i am sure you can all understand.

ANYWAY...since gaining this extra weight, my breasts have gotten even larger then they were. i was wondering if this would go away once i get on my weight watchers program and start working out again...or if this is something i am going to have to deal with? its kind of embarrassing to talk about my boobs on a public forum, but i figured, what the heck...we're all female here...(mostly).

so hello everybody, i'm glad to be a part of the group, and if you could answer my boob question...i'd appreciate it. i am definetly going to need everybodys support to get this weight off!

hewysmom 02-26-2004 06:06 PM

well of course you will lose that weight too.they are mostly fat i think,so they should go away just like the rest of the body fat. ;)

melekalikimaka 02-26-2004 06:28 PM

:wave: Hi Laura, that's not a silly question at all. In my personal experience, my boobs (what little I do have) are always the first to go. Like hewysmom said, breast tissue is mostly fat and should reduce once you start losing weight. Congrats on choosing WW, I find the flexpoints plan something that I can live with in real life--it really works if you do it. Welcome to 3FC.

FeydRautha 02-27-2004 07:20 PM

Hello, and welcome! I'm new here too, and have the same problem. I've always been big-chested, and when I gained weight over the last couple of years they got even bigger. I totally sympathise - you get more stares from guys, it's hard to find comfortable-fitting bras that give total support, you fill out T-shirts and sweaters more...I feel your pain.

As the previous repliers have already said, breasts are mainly fat and dieting will reduce their size. But you'll also want to do some exercises to keep them from sagging (a problem I've had ever since I developed): push-ups are excellent for toning the pectoral muscles, which help hold up your, er, assets. Rowing is good too. I also use free weights during my alternate-day workout; a good pec exercise is laying on the floor, bed or preferably a bench, hold your arms straight out at shoulder-level with a weight in each hand, slowly raise your arms straight up til they're over your face, and slowly lower. Remember to exhale as you raise, inhale as you lower, and keep your elbows slightly bent so you don't put too much stress on them. If you've never used weights before, start out very light (about 1-3 lbs) and work your way up to 5-7 lbs.

Good luck! Keep us posted as to your progress. I've found this to be a very friendly and supportive site.

Feyd.

blugirrl1 02-28-2004 08:23 AM

Laura,
after 2 kids, and a 100 pound weight gain. I found i had these huge boobs. almost double d huge. anyway i had lost various weight amounts but never boobs before. now after losing from 230 down to 182 last week, i pulled out the 2 bras that i had got last christmas. well my boobs were swimming in them. :) i hadn't noticed that they had gotten smaller. ( i ama let them fall free kinda girl) so i was glad now i am down to about a 38 c. maybe a 36c . still kinda saggy and floppy, but smaller. :)

jenicra 03-02-2004 12:29 AM

Goodness - I hope I get there... I've lost about 45 lbs. and I've only lost about 1/4" off my bust measurement. I'm afraid I'm going to end up WAY out of proportion.

Sh0egal19 03-18-2004 02:41 PM

Hi Laura. Our body types seem pretty similar, I am 5'8. (Close to 5'9, but not quite.) My heaviest weight is 185, and my goal is about 135 - 140.
What helped me to lose the 30 lbs Ive already lost was drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I had water with everything. Yeah, most foods and water dont mix, but I forced myself. I also had a job where I was constantly on my feet and constantly moving. The 30 lbs dropped off just like that! I think it was about 3 weeks!
Oh...And when I was 185, my boobs were a large C, almost a D. Now they are back down to a B.
Hope this helps. :)

Noodles913 03-24-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugirrl1
( i ama let them fall free kinda girl) so i was glad now i am down to about a 38 c. maybe a 36c . still kinda saggy and floppy, but smaller. :)

Blu, you crack me up!!!!!!! :lol3: I swear we were twins in another life or something... I HATE Bras!! :lol: Only reason I wear em' is cause I don't want to scare everyone else off. hahaahaha!!

Partytime 03-25-2004 11:36 AM

I know this gal at work and she is really think and really flat.
She would stand around and complain about being flat and how she wanted brest implants and all that. I'm like, damn, I would rather be a flat skinny woman than a big fat woman with huge breasts. So that is how come I don't care if mine get smaller as I get smaller.

gma22 03-25-2004 01:52 PM

Just like every other torture women have had down through the ages, ie corsets, girdles, garter belts with stockings, bras were invented by MEN so of course they are the pits. I am with you girls. I am still a very large woman and my boobs and my knees are about at the same level since I have lost 100 lbs, but I am still free and easy anywhere I can be! Good for you!

As for the other, like everyone said, they will go back and thank goodness you are nice and young so they still have elasticity! DO make sure you do exercises for the breast tissue though so you keep em perky! (I have lost a full cup size and one breadth size since losing. A lot of what I have now is skin and it still has to go somewhere so that is probably why I still am in 44D)

Faye

MotivatedQueen 03-26-2004 09:56 PM

Laura,
I can't speak for you but, they did when I lost. I lost 46 pounds and lost nearly a cup and half! I guess that if it can be gained, it can be lost.
Good Luck!
MQ

blugirrl1 03-27-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gma2one
Just like every other torture women have had down through the ages, ie corsets, girdles, garter belts with stockings, bras were invented by MEN so of course they are the pits. I am with you girls. I am still a very large woman and my boobs and my knees are about at the same level since I have lost 100 lbs, but I am still free and easy anywhere I can be! Good for you!

As for the other, like everyone said, they will go back and thank goodness you are nice and young so they still have elasticity! DO make sure you do exercises for the breast tissue though so you keep em perky! (I have lost a full cup size and one breadth size since losing. A lot of what I have now is skin and it still has to go somewhere so that is probably why I still am in 44D)

Faye

You make me laugh, but also inspire me. :) let them babies hang. your way of thinking is very refreshing. congrats on all your hard work!!!!!!

bearzy2u 03-30-2004 07:32 PM

oh to be a 40 something D... HA HA i cant even go to a regular store to buy a bra ........ im talking 44 HH ........so after i lose my weight im guessin im gonna have to roll em and fold em and stuff em in the smaller cups LOL but to be at goal who cares.

talk to you LIGHTER!!
Peg

Ilene 03-30-2004 09:38 PM

Hey girls :wave:

It is so funny to hear you gals talk about BIG boobs, because I on the other end of the spectrum have a whole A.5, I say that because A is too small and B is too BIG!! BUT my back is very wide I have to buy a 38B and add an extension at the back to make it maybe a 40 or 42, but I'm getting very close to eliminating that extension, woohoo... Another thing is that I very very rarely go without a bra... Even at an A, I wear a sports bra to hold them firm so they don't bounce I dislike the bouncy feeling and it hurts when I go without a bra or sports bra too long... Weird eh? My new best friend is a spandex tank top for inside wear and doing housework, it holds me in just enough to be very comfy.....

Noodles913 03-30-2004 09:49 PM

Boobies are good for something...

When we play tennis I wear a sports bra under my T-Shirt. This way I can store tennis balls in between them. I don't have any deep pocketed tennis shorts and everytime I kept trying to put balls in the pockets of the shorts I DO have, the balls would bounce out!! Now..they go no where. :lol:

GreatBigMonsterMomma 03-31-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

This way I can store tennis balls in between them
Reminds me of one time in high school I went to a pool party and a friend amused himself (and freaked out another friend) by trying to throw the second guy's hacky sacks down the front of my swimsuit. :lol: That was back in my small days of wearing only a DD.

If your breasts are proportionally large, they will always be so. When I lost 30 pounds year before last & part of last year (got pregnant), I went from an H or I (don't remember) down to an FF. Of course, part of that was a result of my older daughter not needing to nurse so much...Now they're back up to a J, but that's milk. But you're unlikely to be a stick with a couple of beach balls attached; that typically doesn't happen in real life (in fact, it's the easiest way to spot a boob job or a breastfeeding mommy). There might be some odd things going on cup-wise as you lose weight. My cup size is bigger this time around than it was last time because of the way cup size is calculated. I doubt the breasts themselves are any larger, but since the measurement around my ribcage is comparatively small (36 1/2" last measurement), I require a larger cup-size, because there's a greater difference.

Here, I'll stick in my plug for properly-fitted bras. They make a world of difference in how you look. Wearing a bra, measure around your ribcage. If it's an odd number, round up. Then add 2" - 4", depending on how snugly you like your bras to fit. Then measure around the fullest part of your bust. Subtract the first number from the second; that's your cup size. One inch of difference = A cup, 2" B cup & so on. A DD should be about 4" difference. Above DD you really have to look at the manufacturer's guidelines, because cup sizes are no longer standardized (when I got married I wore a DDD, F, or G, depending upon the brand). If you're losing at a fairly rapid clip (which you seem to be), measure yourself at least every other month & adjust your bra size if necessary. A couple of other tips: bras should fit comfortably in the middle set of eyes for the hooks (most have 3 rows); regardless of measurements, the actual fit is more important. If your breasts obviously spill over or feel pinched, go up a cup size. If the flesh under your arms spills over, go up a band size. Common-sense stuff like that.

Ilene 03-31-2004 08:15 AM

Great info Sabra, thanks!!

linus 03-31-2004 01:50 PM

well im sorry ladies im going to cheat on this one my gp has said if i get down to 14 stone **** put me forward for a breast reduction so that way i get rid of my 44 ee s and get my nipples to point in the right direction :lol: :rofl:

emilyatau 04-01-2004 10:29 AM

damn it - the only thing I LIKE about this extra weight is that my boobs are bigger! hahaha - anyway I can keep 'em? I went from a 34 B to a 36 C and I'm going to miss my new friends!

And I completely sympathize with you about the college weight gain. The heaviest I got was around 175 I think - and that's up from about 135 when I graduated from high school. You learn many many things in college and the most important thing I've learned is that one can't live on Ramen noodles, brownie batter, pizza, and chinese food. When I think about all the garbage I consumed in the dorms it makes me ill! I got so nasty that I started having gall bladder problems and my mom was worried I would have to have it removed!

Good luck at leaving that weight right where you got it - college! :)

bmxer 05-01-2004 08:51 PM

well Im at about D :{ I want to lose ALL of them. I do hate boobs and bras even they are small. Im plan to have surgery after I lose weight.

5 feet tall
182lbs
D cups I think
I wear XL sport bras from Target.

2frustrated 01-30-2005 08:31 AM

I've dropped 2 cup sizes and I'm not at goal yet! (I like my boobs, I want them back!!!) and 1 ish body size. So yeah they will get smaller when you lose weight.

Oh come back boobs..... :stress: :rofl:

aphil 01-30-2005 09:52 AM

GreatBigMonsterMamma-

I am totally WITH YOU on the bra thing. I have been over 200 pounds twice in my life after my pregnancies...have nursed two children...and my breasts are still pretty firm and uplifted-because I never go without a bra.

Through my life I have ranged from a C-DDD depending on my weight, whether I was nursing or pregnant...:blah:
And they are still where they are supposed to be-with the nipples pointing AHEAD and not DOWN. :lol:

I have a SIL who goes braless a lot-and she has no children, is younger than I...and hers are in pretty bad shape from going braless-they were hanging low and pointing down before she was even into her mid-twenties.

I don't see them as torture devices at all if you buy one that fits properly and is in a comfortable material. (Most women wear the wrong size!) I cannot go without one. I even sleep in bras-I can't stand them just "hanging there". It feels like a pulling sensation to me. When I jog-I wear a VERY firm sportsbra so I won't have any bounce-because to me the lack of support in my breasts is more uncomfortable than the bra.

If you are an A, maybe a B cup-you can get away with it-but any larger than that and they are going to droop more and more over time.

*bra advocate over on this end* ;) :lol:

JEO1982 02-01-2005 09:04 AM

LOL... you ladies are too much!

I sympathize with 2frustrated... I started developing in 5th grade and by the time I was in 8th grade I weighed 234# and was a 40D :o Back then I hated it, I was the only girl with a real chest.

Now I am at an age where I could appreciate them, they have shrunk... I am now 190.5# and 38C (Practically a B but quite yet - I don't like spillage)... I always make the joke of looking into my shirt and asking "hey where did they go"

KandiceS 02-01-2005 09:20 AM

:lol: at everyone...

At my heaviest I was a 42D and I liked them. I liked the low cut tops and cleavage. Now 26 lbs lighter, I'm a 36C/D (depending on bra). I lost 5.25 inches around my bust since June 04. I still have 20 more lbs to go- So I'm thinking a B/C by the time I'm done. I'm going to have to start stuffing my bra! :lol:

JEO1982 02-01-2005 09:25 AM

I'm so with you on that one! I'm about ready to start stuffing now!! :lol:

Shalynn 02-01-2005 12:23 PM

Huh?

«mumbles» Oh dear, if I'm a B now and succeed in losing about 50 pounds, will I then become a minus A? AHHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh me, oh my! :eek: «/mumbles»

This is so not good! :(

KandiceS 02-01-2005 01:24 PM

if only we could save them! Chris (my fiance) wants what I lost for bum implants- poor guy has no bum at all! Maybe we could all get together and get you up to an A at least... :lol:

Tales610 02-01-2005 02:00 PM

:lol: You are all great! Cracking me up over here! When I was in highschool.. umm 6 yrs ago I was at 250lbs and I was only a 38B Never understood it.. I lost 100lbs between my Junior and Senior year and Somehow I became a 36 C.. YES they got bigger.. Maybe because I didnt want them! lol.. I used to tell people tht if they needed and implant I'd donate mine cause they were always in my way! hahaha.. Thats what I get for being a tom Boy-- and Now! lol.. I've already lost inches in my boobs! lol.. DARN THIS WORLD.. Now that I want them they are leaving me! lol.. :lol:

CAcritter 02-01-2005 06:59 PM

You all are a hoot!

Hve you ever heard the song Do Your Ears Hang Low? A girlfriend sent me a card with boobs subsituted for ears - I was ROTFL!

My breasts were the first thing to go whenI started losing weight...sigh.

almostheaven 02-01-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

My breasts were the first thing to go whenI started losing weight...sigh.
Count me in on the sigh. My hubby swears he lost a good friend when I lost my boobs. 42D to 34B ::sigh::

^^Angel^^ 02-02-2005 05:12 PM

Isn't it weird how some of us lose weight off our boobs just like that, yet for the rest of us, it won't shift from there no matter what?!

At my heaviest (260.5) I was 40DD and am now 174.5lbs and 36DD. Even if I lose another 20lbs, I can't see them shrinking at all!!

We should all share what we have, that way everyone will have a decent amount. LOL

aphil 02-02-2005 05:18 PM

You have probably lost a little of your breasts without realizing it. A DD is not the exact same cup size for a 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, etc. Your cup size is based on how much your chest sticks out from your base chest...but for a larger band size-the breast is going to be "going across more chest area" on a larger band/chest size. So-a 34DD and a 44DD may both "project" from the chest the same amount-but on the 44 sized person they cover more area from armpit to armpit.

Does that make any sense? Take a 34DD (of the same style-both underwire or both soft cup) and compare the cup area to a 44DD. There will be a difference.