3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #9 -- for week starting Nov. 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/34290-week-time-challenge-9-week-starting-nov-10-a.html)

redballoon 11-09-2003 09:39 PM

WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #9 -- for week starting Nov. 10

Hello, everyone, this is PART IX of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. :sunny: Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! :lol: Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!! :encore:

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! :wave: PLEASE, join me!

redballoon 11-09-2003 09:40 PM

RECORD BOARD (from this and previous challenges)

This space is reserved for our challengers. Your name goes here with a sun for each successful challenge. A spin is for a very good effort. You tell me what you've earned! I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

M.N.J :sunny:
x 4!
PhotogirlTX :sunny:
x 3!
redballoon :sunny:
x 3!
mscat816 :sunny:
x 2!
Sandybrat :sunny:
x 2!
Southern Butterfly :sunny:
x 2!

allthatjazz :sunny:
Aquareggie :sunny:
Eydie :sunny:
friendsforfitness :spin: :sunny:
happy dance dot :sunny:
jackieO :sunny:

beachkid
brunissen
ellasmom2
fern
Irishcoda
KristasMom
Lavender Girl
Shelldawn

Marti 11-10-2003 01:52 PM

Hi everyone--

I succeeded last week... did my squats!! And my legs are getting used to it. :dizzy:

This week: squats 2-3 days crunches 2-3 days.

I will do one or the other every other day. Squats on one day, crunches the next, for a total of 4-5 days of excercise!!

Day one already accomplished!! Did my crunches. So tomorrow, I guess I'll do those nasty squats!!! :p

ellasmom2 11-10-2003 05:37 PM

Hi guys,

Hope it is ok if I join in on the week challenge .A little background on me, I am a stay at home mom with a 7months old little girl, I have been happily married to dh for 7 years and going strong. I was born in France and moved to the states 9 years ago . I am joining you on this thread in order to lose the 15 lbs extra I put on from pregnancy that I cannot get rid of and also to start on the right foot when we get pregnant again(we are trying for the 2nd already).
Anywho, I hope it is not too much info for you ladies ..what can I do, I like to share :-).

This week, I will run/walk 3 miles on my treadmill x4 +12 miles
I will eat breakfast everyday
I will bypass the peanut butter cup
AND, I will go easy on the carbs .
Lets watch and pray :-p

mscat816 11-11-2003 11:38 AM

[COLOR=blue]Overjoyed!!![/COLOR]

I have been estatic about meeting my challenges for the past two weeks and particularly about exceeding my challenges from last week. I was supposed to do 3 cardio workouts and abstain from white processed foods. I did 5 workouts instead. :cb:

I also gave up the scale last week and was wrestling with the decision to weigh myself. I had decided to forego the scale another week. Then i realized I would have to get on the scale today due to a medical appointment. I decided I would rather be prepared. So I stepped on the scale and low and behold . . . I lost 9 lbs since last Tuesday (230)!!!!! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
Ellasmom2 - Welcome and good luck on your challenges! :cheer:
M.N.J. - Congrats on your challenge - you are my inspiration! :encore::encore:

Red - Thanks for posting my sun - I am so proud of it! :thanks:
Cat:wave:

241/221!!!/140

Marti 11-12-2003 01:05 AM

Wow!! I just realized I have FOUR sunshines!! How great is that?!

Today, I didn't do anything. But I will get on it tomorrow. I'm just feeling lazy and tired. I know... excuses!! Tomorrow for sure. I will post individuals then too.

redballoon 11-12-2003 01:41 AM

changed the record board

Sorry about the suns but it won't allow me to post any more so instead of trying to split it up or drop people's names (even if we haven't seen them in a while) I thought I'd put the number after the suns. It may not be as cool looking but it'll have to do. Hope you all don't mind. Also, as added encouragement, I've listed people by number of successful challenges (afterward alphabetical). So M.N.J., you TOP the list!!! :dancer: :dancer:

mscat, you have 2 suns I believe! :dance:

M.N.J., yup, four suns for you!! you're roarin' along!!!

mscat816 11-12-2003 01:54 PM

So Far So Good!

I have not been on the scale today -- I am going through withdrawal again! But it gets easier as the day goes on. Made sure I had some oatmeal this morning as I have been skipping breakfast the last couple of days. Had a great lunch out with girlfriens from work - Baked salmon with spinach, a side salad and potatoes.

Did not get my treadmill workout in this a.m. but did do the abs. Now I am 2/4 for both workouts. Still no contraband white processed foods - oatmeal, low-fat yogurt are allowed.

Hope everyone is having a great week

Redballoon - thanks for posting my "2" for my suns!

Cat :wave:

241/220 on 11-11-03/140

Marti 11-12-2003 09:20 PM

My squats are done today!! YeeHaw. So that's 2/4 for me too!! Keep up the good work everyone!

Marti

redballoon 11-13-2003 12:19 AM

I forgot to post my challenge! I'm doing similar to last week. Writing things down. Sticking to 5-6 small meals a deal with about 1,800 cals. total.

Also, from yesterday I've added fresh vegetable juice to my challenge for the rest of the week. Ok, gotta juice and run!!

Will write more later. Everyone, hang in there!

redballoon 11-14-2003 07:13 AM

Doing well here! Weight coming off at last!

Heh, where is everyone?! I've been doing well. It's late here but I'm going to juice those veggies before going to bed. Going to get those vitamins down and sleep on them! :dancer:

Eating is going really well. The scale finally moved. I'm at 67.4 kg. Have to figure that out in pounds. I haven't seen that number in ages! Someone at the gym (woman bodybuilder) noticed, asked if I'd lost weight. I said, "Nah, just my face." Ha! I did lose weight. I have lost weight! Hurrah for me! :dance:

mscat816 11-14-2003 02:40 PM

MIA!

Hi Everyone! I apologize for being MIA. There has been lots of drama in my personal situation - so much so I did not get in to work until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday - which is the time I am suppose to go home! :(

I am still focussed despite all that and on target for my challenges - 3 of 4 ab workouts done and 4 of 4 treadmill workouts done!!! Still no processed foods have passed by lips and I have not touched the scale since Tuesday. I am feeling so good about that. :D This a.m. I increased my intensity on the treadmill by completing a 21 minute mile with ease. I am seriously considering working toward participating in the Run for the Cure in the spring.

RED - You Go!!! I am so happy for you - All your hard work is showing up everywhere! I got the conversion for your weight - but I will only post it if you want. :cp: :cp: :cp:

M.N.J. You are sooooo consistent - I hate squats :rolleyes: - but I am going to have to join you when I start up my Bowflex workouts again next week. You keep it up and I may have to get inspired!

Everyone else - we are missing your posts!!! Keep on keepin' on!

Cat
241/220 on 11-11-03/140

redballoon 11-14-2003 07:24 PM

rollin'!!

Hi there, everyone! Just wanted to check in and talk to some of you.

mscat, more drama! Wow, I know what that's like. I hope your job is not at risk because of this, though I suppose you know where your priorities are. I've been through similar and in the end I realized I'd been wasting my time and I put a stop to being emotionally yanked around.

I'm so proud of you that you're keeping an eye on you. I think this is an excellent sign that you have passed the danger point, even if it's not so evident from outside. No processed foods and no scale! That is an awesome accomplishment and I hope you are aptly proud of what you're doing, mscat. And here you are using that work you've done on yourself to think of helping others, others who don't drain you, in your idea to take part in the Run for the Cure. You are a jewel!

Oh, and heh, it's ok to post the conversion. Well, I mean, I was just too lazy to get it last night. I figured it out. It means I'm just over 148 lbs. This morning I got into the green jeans I wore 20 years ago and probably only fit in to at one low-weight period after that. And that low-weight period was not a healthy one. I was chainsmoking and starving myself. I was working out a lot but it was too much and I was not healthy. I got down to 60 kgs then. I have a lot more muscle now and though I got into the green jeans I could just barely. The zip was in great danger of breaking and there's no way I could wear them outside. But!! I got into them and until now I couldn't even get them over my ample posterior! Hurrah for me!!

M.N.J., are you still doing your squats? You're going to have great legs. With the fat coming off mine I'm not afraid to go heavy at the gym. I can see that most of it was fat, not muscle. I see women doing a lot more and their legs are half the size of mine, so fat must be zapped because I DO love muscle!

ellasmom, others, where are you? This week people seem to have bailed on us. Well, I haven't been there for you a lot perhaps. Maybe people are between Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and just feeling they'll let it slide till the new year. But heh, people, it feels good to be sticking to your guns through the battles. Recently, I keep thinking, if I would just get my head out of my a'' when it comes to what constitutes "having fun" I'd start to realize there's a whole lot more than food. You know, I don't even like food all that much. It had just become my world. C'mon people, let's get revved! Ciao for now! :wave:

Marti 11-14-2003 08:08 PM

I completely forgot to post yesterday!! Crunches done. so that was 3/4. I still have today to do my squats, but I have been getting HORRIBLE leg cramps since starting this atkins. Still debating on what I'm going to do with that! So I may just stick with crunches again tonight.

Anyway... I am just not feeling well today... my energy has been zapped!!

I will post more tomorrow!!

Marti

redballoon 11-14-2003 09:03 PM

M.N.J., I do not want to pour water on anything you're attempting but I myself don't think I would ever do Atkins. But, I'm not really very knowledgeable on the current program. I knew him from the seventies. Can you tell me the basic program, what you're allowed and what you're not allowed and how much of what? I'm interested in knowing but don't have his book. Thanks, and I hope you feel better. We can't afford to have your wonderful energy disappear on us!