Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #46  

Morning Ladies!
Well, yesterday sucked for points Only 2 for op.....no exercise, very little water. I had one of those days where I was totally unmotivated to do anything, so I just stared at my computer all day! Well, I did go grocery shopping and menu planned......so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

Today is better, though....got up with dh and got my exercise in. It's clear enough to bring in more wood....so that will be extra.

No losses to report....I was down to 220 yesterday, but this morning was back up to 222. So, I guess I'm just floating around the 220 mark. Will be making an extra effort the next two weeks to eat very low calorie meals with the knowledge that over Thanksgiving I will allow myself the pleasure of indulging in the feast! Though I WILL REMEMBER that white starches give me migraines now!!! With that in mind, I'm planning to make some yummy homemade wholegrain breads with special herb butter so I won't be tempted to scarf down the Pillsbury crescent rolls that my kids insist on having! Not sure how I'm going to stay away from the mashed potatoes, but they don't bother me as much as processed white bread products. Mmmmmm, I can smell the turkey already. Hey, you know what's funny? Usually by the first week of November I'm sooooo craving Turkey and stuffing that I cook a full Thanksgiving dinner around Halloween, and then another one on Turkey day This year I haven't been craving anything!! COOL.

Well, Gotta git! Lots to do today.

PAM--WTG on that exercise. You know you can do it when you just force yourself to get started!

Oh, and that halloween costume pic wasn't me.......I think it was susan? Or Judy? ONe of the newer gals.

WOO HOO on the 5# loss Faye!!!

Susan, thanks for posting that Mandela quote! I love that speech and it was actually just what I needed today!!

Hugs to everyone!
Julie
Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 AM   #47  

Good Morning ladies! Happy Friday.
Fall has arrived in Central Texas, its only supposed to be 48 here today, but it'll be back in the 70's next week.

Yea for me!! I get a dancing banana---I lost 3# this week!
I got 3 pts for yesterday--didn't exercise. Had to go shopping for something long sleeved for football game tonight.

The big date is off---he has to work. Now he is saying maybe this long distance thing isn't going to work, and we haven't even tried yet! We live 45 min away from each other. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Julie, thank you for the recipes, they sound great.
WTG Faye--5# loss! And having Jack home!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Judy
Old 11-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #48  

WTG Judy and Faye on your losses!! I stayed at 221 no loss, no gain and I'm fine with that. I earned it, due to lack of everything, no exercise no water and not staying O/P. I'm getting back on track slowly but surely. I have even started a new thread for people like me who have gotten off track and want to get back on, so far not too many joiners though, oh well, it helps me anyways. Yesterday I only get points for O/P as well. I'm ok with that too because it is all I aimed for that day. That and to journal all my consumption which I also did. Today I am aiming for those two things plus drinking 40 ounces of water. I know I need more, but I'm getting back on track with small little tiny baby steps, so I'll get that water back up to 64 ounces soon enough. I hope everyone has a super Friday!!

Good luck and stay focused!
Lisa
Old 11-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #49  

4 points for me!
Plus I'm down another *almost*pound. its hard to tell 1/2 pounds on my scale but I'm calling it a whole pound anyway
A good day to all!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #50  

TGIF girls!!!

Julie-way to go girl...16 huh...soon it'll be 14 then 12 wow I am happy for you. Keep it up.

Faye- happy for you too 5lbs! Great job. Glad that you and Jack are doing better. You both are great

Susan- I too loved the quote. I needed to read something like that. Thanks. Congrats on the loss too.

Pam-you rock! Getting your exercise in again. Good for you.

Lisa- hi there! Glad you're getting back on track and yes baby steps- you'd be surprised how far one can get with baby steps. I am learning a whole lot about baby steps now with everything going on in my life now.

Judy- congrats on the 3lbs and about the guy...don't worry there's plenty of fish in the sea girl. Don't push on it...if it's meant to be it will be...don't try too hard...just stay happy girl.

Okay now for points...I got all 4pts for yesterday.

I will weigh in on Sunday and let you all know about that then..I am hoping for 158, but who knows

I went to another alanon meeting and find they're really hepling me out...thanks girls for listening too and thank you Faye. Today I will go home and spend some time with mom and dad...we've been watching movies together lately and my dad loves the fact I have digital cable and a whole bunch of channels...lots of movies and on demand

I'm happy today...my head's clearing up a lot and I like that feeling. Have a good happy day ladies.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:29 PM   #51  

WTG Susan and Happy!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I probably won't get a chance to check in tomorrow, I am chaperoning a drill meet competition that my daughter is in. We leave tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow. I am going to persevere over this out of environment obstacle even so! I will let you know how everything turns out. Wish my DD mucho luck!

Lisa
Old 11-07-2003, 01:34 PM   #52  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Pam
Julie
Judy
Susan

Judy: that is great about your loss! Keep it up!

Lisa: Sometimes we just poop out with our program all the way around. What do you think is keeping you from doing it? Are you hungry? Do you feel stressed, lacsidaisical, or what? There is usually an underlying problem that makes up kind of not give it your all. Let us know how we can help you. I know you can do this. It is never easy of course. Nothing that is really good is ever really easy, but you have the strength and you can have the commitment to do it, I know you can. We want you to be just where you want to be so we are here for you!

We went and finished up the grocery shopping and got our flu vaccine. DH is like a little boy. He kind of pouted about the vaccine because he didn't want to get it, but I told him he would be irked at me many times before this was through and that I only did things for his benefit never to hurt him. Anyway, he won't get the flu now hopefully and that will be one less risk.

I need to get hopping back on those menus so I am going to go.

Faye
Old 11-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #53  

I don't know why but I'm just feeling happy today and want to share it with you all!

I honestly can't believe what has changed in me in the last few months. Yes I have always been unhappy with my weight but if someone had told me a couple years ago that I would be going to a gym on a regular basis and actually eating well I would have laughed and delayed actually doing it just for spite. Terrible huh? I'd just like to thank you ladies for encouraging me along and providing a place just to come and share! I seriously feel like I can let out parts of my personality here that I can't in most situations. I kind of have a reputation for being cynical . So thanks also for bringing out a part of me that doesn't get to see the light of day very often I raise my spoon of 99% fat free yogurt to you!

A cool but freaky thing has started happening. I'm starting not to recognize certain parts of my body. I'll look down and and think to myself "Is that my leg? Shouldn't it be thicker?" I'm hoping over Christmas break to go and try on a lower pant size.

Congrats to everyone on the pound losses this week and even to those that didn't crangrat on stickin' with it.

Have a great day

Last edited by Scuzin; 11-07-2003 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #54  
I Can and I Will

HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!!! I got all 4 yesterday. Cant tell about weight loss tho... i think its time for a new scale... one time is says 224 thne i get right back on and it says 231... it just keeps happening...lol so we are off to get a new one tonite and i will weigh in tomorrow... Did my watp tape today... i really like it... and i can feel the difference in my legs already... and my butt!! LOL Lisa u just keep doing what u can and when u need help ask us... u know we are always here for u. Congrats to those who lost... and those who just keep on trying. I loved the mandela quote... beautiful... I hope everyone has a great night... remember to take care of u... love you all...

Sandy
Old 11-08-2003, 07:56 AM   #55  

SATURDAY: Today is thoughts Saturday! Share with us something to make us smile or laugh today!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS: NEW AND WRAP UP FROM YESTERDAY:

SandyB:
Me:

My sunny thought for today:

A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads "low bridge ahead". He tries to turn off, but before he knows it, the bridge is right there and he gets stuck under it. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up, a cops gets out, and walks around to the truck driver. He puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

Not a belly washer, but amusing!

I get to start cleaning house today. Upstairs first I guess. Man, there seems to always be something to do. I am glad I don't still have kids in the house or I would be totally nuts! I am going to try and get out to the mall and walk today maybe with Jack in a wheelchair if he feels like it.

Talk to you later, ladies.

Faye
Old 11-08-2003, 08:21 AM   #56  

Morning Ladies,
Faye, I am so impressed that you have not let Jack's heartattack disrupt your routines. I know you're making adjustments and all, but you are getting your regular cleaning done and getting out of the house and that is just GREAT! I know whenever James is home sick (which isn't very often) I just use it as an excuse to stop everything and be lazy (cuz he really NEEDS me to sit on the couch and watch tv with him or take a nap ) So Good For You!

Susan, I know what you mean about the changes that happen when you come here regularly. I am a totally changed person over the past few months, I'm thinner than I've been in a DECADE and I'm happy and I have a clean house.......It's WEIRD! But I LIKE IT!

I guess that was my sunny thought.

I have my down times too, usually during TOM (I'm pmsing right now and have been eating compulsively....fortunately, there's nothing dangerous in the house!) But they are only down times, I get right back up after a day or two and keep cruising down the road. In years past, I'd hit that rough spot in the road and just quit! It has helped me so much to just not buy the junk. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it. And we live too far out in the country to drive an hour just to get a dove bar!

I do have "fixings" for yummy snacks. Like, I can make a pumpkin custard (pie without the crust) anytime I want to get up off my *** and wait an hour for the satisfaction of eating it. And I can make cookies or sf/ff pudding anytime.......but the point is I have to expend the energy to actually MAKE it, and clean up, and then I have to WAIT to enjoy it. USually, that's way too much bother and I just skip it. My frozen grapes are always there for a quick sugar fix!

Well, speaking of down times, I got 3 points yesterday. The water thing just ain't happenin' this week!!! And I'm so dehydrated, I can tell. I need to go fill up the water bottle right now so I get started early!

Everyone have a super weekend!
Julie
Old 11-08-2003, 11:12 AM   #57  

Julie: Just start getting that water in now!

Julie: I think now that I have everything organized, I can get back to things being semi-normal anway. I told Jack that when I have the energy to do something I have to do it right then and push myself so that is why I got up and cleaned the upstairs. I also fixed us pancakes and bacon and syrup all lowfat and I have lost another 1.5 lbs since yesterday! It is all the cooking I am doing and all the stuff I have bought. We had beef stroganoff with noodles and apple crisp for dinner last night. I am just concentrating on getting Jack stronger right now! I think we are going to go to the mall like I said a little later and I will just push him around for awhile just to get him out for awhile. He is napping right now.

Well, I need to finish painting my nails and get a shower.

Faye
Old 11-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #58  

Hi gals!

I just thought I'd share another yummy super-low calorie recipe with you. I just finished scarfing down a whole pan and I doubt if I had more than 150 or 200 calories.

LEEKS AND BACON:

First, microwave 3 or 4 pieces of turkey bacon (louis rich brand).

WHile that's cooking, slice up and WASH WELL the green parts of four leeks. I save the white part for soups and stir fry. Saute the leeks in a tbsp. of olive oil. When they are tender, crumble up the bacon...stir them up together and enjoy! If you like chewy bacon, you can just saute it with the leeks. I like my bacon crunchy.

That's it! Four pieces of bacon have 140 cals., the leek greens might have 50 (though I doubt it)

If you want more flavor with a few more calories, I typically add a teaspoon of vinegar or white wine to the saute. Also, I sometimes add sundried tomatoes and a little feta cheese. Yummy!

Later,
Julie
Old 11-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #59  
I Can and I Will

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULS!!! I lost another 2lbs... woooo hoooo!! I love that recipe Julie... and i am going out to get the stuff and make it today... lol
Kinda hectic here this morning so i dont have much time to write.. but i will be back later...lol
remember to take care of u... love u all..

Sandy
Old 11-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #60  

Angry Mind If I join?

I am new to this site and new to wanting to stick to a weight loss regieme ( sp?) I am not sure how much water I should be driniking either, what is the goal for that, my current water intake comes from ice in my soda, LOL, I know I need to quit with the sodas, I finally got off my rump and excercised last night, and can feel it today, but it's a nice feeling. I am hoping to go down a size or 2 by Christmas so I can show off to my In-laws. Well Hubby is taking me out today to pick up some books and just get out for a bit, so I have to run and shower, I enjoy getting to know you all...

Zoli
Closed Thread