Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 08:17 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Well, I did get back here this evening.........Welcome TL!!!!!! (short for TLwrinkles.....). I think you will love this thread, so much encouragement and friendship. It can be practically adicting, but then if I am posting I am not raiding the kitchen! I am a mom of 3 (4 if you count Dh ). And I agree it has ups and downs. One thing I can tell you about weight loss is that you will have good weeks and bad....some weeks when you ate perfectly and will not lose an ounce! Weight watchers then has you look at those weeks as non-scale accomplishments. Sometimes you can see the weight loss, your jeans are so baggy and the crummy scale does not budge!!!!!! Well, I took a lot of words to say that weight loss is a journey and while your 2# a week goal is a good healthy rate- with holidays coming up and winter months (guess that is not too much of a problem where you live!) any weight loss should be considered an accomplishment. What are you studying in school?

Candy- blonde or not, being a mother robs brain cells!!!
As for having another child.......3 is absolutely more than 2 and really calls on the octopus syndrome. (you have to grow extra arms). But I can't imagine not having our youngest......and would have had more children if I had not been plagued with miscarriages.

Jen- congrats on the 2# loss!!!!!!!! You big loser. Congrats to Ds on his hockey goals too.

Karen- take care of those sore arms. But the extra muscle mass willl help burn calories!

Spryng- I usually serve spaghetti squash with whatever I would put on pasta.......so sometimes cheese or a meat sauce or turkey pepperoni. And those nights I usually do not have a starch instead, but elect for a higher point snack- maybe a cookie or something yummy for desert with the family. The squash is so low in points (none!) that I will have it so that I can enjoy something totally non diet (portion controlled, of course.). Just another way of looking at it.

Well, gotta scoot......Dd wants me to trim her hair.
Got another busy one tomorrow- I am making dinner for a friend who just had a mastectomy and the kitty goes to the vet. Most importantly......I am getting my hair trimmed, and I will love every minute of it!!!!!! See ya, and have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 11-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
I must say that I LOVE spaghetti squash!!! This was the first time to cook it and eat it and it was fantastic!!!! I will definitely be buying more of it very soon. I want to try using it for regular spaghetti too... I'm sure that will be great.
Misty, what new sweeper did you get? I can't believe your little one is hanging on this long!! 37 weeks now right?? Well enjoy these last few moments with him. I miss being pregnant sometimes, especially feeling those sweet movements and hiccups. It's so special.
Ginny, I hope you enjoyed getting your hair trimmed! I need to get mine done too.
Well, looks like FIL had a minor heart attack and that is why they were so concerned about his heart, He's in Kansas City now at a hospital that is more capable of taking care of him. They haven't called me yet to update me so I'm assuming things are going ok. Well, I did get an hour nap in today but I don't feel like I did. So I am off here to call DH and then into my bed. I'll chat with you all tomorrow!! G'nite!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

I dont have time to get personal right now.. but I wanted you all to know that I get to go SHOPPING today! FOR ME!!!! I am dropping the kids off at school and going off to the mall to get some new bras.. and some clothes for this shrinking body! WOO HOO! I am only going to get a few items as I know that in 2 or 3 months they will start to get big again.. but hey.. It is still going to be a fun day! AND the new BON JOVI CD is in the stores today so of course I will be getting that as my reward for 25 pounds gone! WOO HOO!!! (Can you tell I LOVE BON JOVI THey are the only guys in the world who could give DH a run for his money! LOL!)

Talk to you all soon!
Old 11-04-2003, 11:20 AM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Spryng- I hope that FIL is ok.....are they keeping him in the hospital for long? I will keep him in my prayers. I used the squash in place of pasta, FYI.

Karen- enjoy that shopping trip. New (smaller clothes) are so much fun. And stuff fits better too!

No walk today, I decided to take the morning off and get some sleep. (I needed it!). Hair cut felt so nice....... I needed that too!
Gotta go pack up dinner and deliver it. See ya later!
Ginny

WW tip #2- Remember your ABC's~ all bites count!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:57 PM   #20  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome to TL and Candy!!
I'm Emily, mom to 3 boys. Brendan is 5, Connor 3 and Ian 6 months. It is a handful at times, but as they are getting older it's easier too. We are planning for a 4th in early 2005 (gotta get this weight off!!)

Have I posted since we got our new computer? I don't think I have! I am loving it- mostly just 'cuz it works-lol

I'm back on track this week. The Halloween candy really did me in. I wasn't going to succumb, but I guess I should know myself better... But it's a new week and I have had TONS of water and eating has been great. Last night I made burritos- slow cooked a roast and did my own beans. (light on the cheese for me)- they were yummy! I found a tomato wrap that was pretty low-fat too.

Spryng- hope your FIL continues to improve.

Karen- have fun shopping!! you deserve it. I love Bon Jovi too- takes me back to fun times!!

Ginny- thanks for the tips! I'm really enjoying them!

Jen- wtg loser!! 2 lbs is great!!

Michele- what kind of sweeper did you get? I have wood floors too...hope you are feeling good!

Sandy and Ricci- hope you are doing great!

Sorry if I forgot someone! I'm trying...

Well, I just got back from check-ups for COnnor and Ian...had to get blood work for all of us. Talk about not fun! Ian's cries were so pathetic- like "mom, how can you let this be happening?!"

Anyway, I've got tons to so and only a half hour before picking up Brendan. The day is getting away from me!
I'll check in later if I can.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #21  
I Can and I Will

Karen let me know what u think of the new cd... i too LOVE Bon Jovi... hubba hubba... lol i am going to get the cd as well but am interested in how u like it. Hope you have a great tim e shopping as well... The rest of u have a great day... will check back later..

Sandy
Old 11-04-2003, 01:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Karen I'm so excited for you today!! Have fun shopping! I love to shop... I just bought two pairs of Pepe jeans off ebay friday and I can't wait until they get here. One is a size 10 and one was an 8 (gives me something to look forward to!)
Ginny, no FIL is not ok. Looks like he needs a bypass. My in laws are driving me nuts right now. First off he had the heart attack on friday and my MIL refused to take him to the hospital... he suffered all weekend having small attacks. Then monday came and she thought work was more important than getting him to the hospital... so he drove himself. Once he was admitted into the ICU he called her and all she could do was yell at him for adding another medical bill! On top of that his heart was so bad they had to life flight him to kansas city because they didn't think he'd survive an ambulance ride... so does she get up there right away to be with him??? NO! She said she had to get to work early today so she didn't go up there at all. (it's only an hour drive) well they found out today that his heart is pretty bad and needs a bypass and finally she is going to get her butt up there. I felt so bad for him. He is going through this all alone. he is the type of person that hates hospitals and only goes if he feels like he is dying. Being alone in one must be so scary for him. She can be so selfish sometimes.... I really dislike her at the moment. But I'll find out more later about his condition and when the surgery will happen, etc. I'm praying hard for him.
Emily, sorry to hear about the blood work. I hate it when my kids have to get shots or anything. They cry, I cry.. it's a mess, lol. But glad you got your new computer! i can't wait to get a new one myself!
Sandy I hope your day is going well too.
Well I guess I'll get off here. My day has been going ok. Besides being so upset with MIL. What does everyone have planned for dinner? I think I'm taking a night off from cooking and I'm either going to have leftovers or a healthy choice meal. I feel like eating light today.
ok, got to get off here. TTYL!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:01 PM   #23  
hangin' in there...

Spryng, I'm am so sorry to hear about your FIL. I am sending good thoughts your way. Hopefully, he will come through his surgery ok and do well afterwards. I won't say anything about your MIL because I'm afraid I can't be kind.

Glad you liked the spaghetti squash. How did you end up eating it? I bought another one today and will cook it up tonight with a little garlic, olive oil, chicken sausage and parm cheese. I needed a low-point dinner because I am low on points due to snacking a bit at work last night, so thanks for the idea!

Karen, hope you had a great shopping day! How exciting for you! I, too, love Bon Jovi! DH and I saw him in concert this summer...... they ROCK!!!!

Sandy, glad you are well.

Emily, glad you are back on track. Halloween candy is a killer! I had a moment of weakness yesterday and went rummaging through ds's candy basket in search of a Snickers bar, but there were none! Thankfully, I regained control before I searched the other kids baskets!

Ginny, I'm glad you got to sleep in and had a good haircut. You deserve the break. I just had a cut last week, but I am ready to go back again. I did not have my "regular" girl do my cut this time and I am not happy with it. Grrrrr.... nothing worse than a bad haircut! And, I like your WW tips, too.

To everyone else, I hope you are having a good OP day.

Well, I had to cut my nap short this morning (I worked last night) because ds had to go to the doc for his 3 year check-up. He looks great, other than the two horrible looking, bulging, pus-filled eardrums. He is just like his sister........ no fever, doesn't act sicker than a mild cold, but raging ear infections. We will be calling the ENT for a hearing eval and to talk about treatment (i.e. tubes). We are on a first-name basis with the ENT, as my dd has had 2 sets of tubes and middle ds was born with a trachea abnormality and also has had a tonsilectomy...... I should have her number on speed dial!

Well, I am starting to fizzle from lack of sleep, so I am going to try to get this house picked up a bit before the older two get home from school. Have a good evening, all..........
Old 11-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #24  
Movin' to the Country!

Spryng, so sorry to hear about your FIL. My FIL had a heart attack 6 years ago and it was one of the scariest events of my life! I panic anytime I receive a call after 10pm. Thankfully he is fine now with no signs of future problems. I am hoping this will be the case for your FIL. It is awful what he is going through in addition to his heart though (your MIL). That can't help! Hope everything goes ok, keep us posted.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I managed to sneak back on.........

Spryng- I am so sorry about FIL and MIL. I can't blame you for being angry with MIL. My MIL did some similar stuff when FIL was hospitialized a year ago with pneumonia (he is a very frail man with pretty severe emphasema, so pneumonia is not a good thing to have). She refused to visit him~ I think seeing him laid up made her think a bit too hard about her and his mortality (although she bellyaches so much about him that I wonder how much she does really care!). Anyway~ you are doing all that you can. Bypass surgery has come a long way, and although painful afterward it is now pretty routine. I will pray for you/Dh and Inlaws (what are their first names,please?). Big hugs to you and hang in there. MIL has been erratic like this before, guess that this is just her nature. I will pray for peace and grace for you and Dh to handle whatever comes your way. And vent here all you need to!!!!!! I am sure that Dh will not want to hear all your not so nice thoughts about his mother all the time.

Emily- so sorry about the blood work. You would think after all these years they would come up with an easier way to get a sample out of kids! Hope the rest of your day went well.

Jen- get some sleep, girl!!!!! Sorry about Ds's ear infection. (my Ds was a walking ear infection........2 years of torture until we found the right ENT!).

Candy and Sandy (did not mean to make a rhyme!)- how has your day been???? You were sweet enough to stop in and say hello, but no details.

Well, took the cat to the vet......she is still a little piggy (too fat) but healthy. I have to put her on a diet......this ought to be fun!! Dd is in one of her miserable moods, more fights about college. I think she is mortified at the prospect of making any kind of decision, so I think we will have to rework our plans here.
Just take her to a different school each weekend, and sooner or later one of them will click! (but I am so weary of all the tears and fights). I am not going to WW this week, I need a day at home to regroup. But I will get back to walking tomorrow. Well, I guess I'd better help Dd with her homework and load the dishes.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 11-04-2003, 07:51 PM   #26  
I Can and I Will

Hello again... Srpyng, i too will pray for you and dh and the inlaws... some people dont know how to handle when someone gets sick... so maybe thats why mil is acting like this... maybe she is just very scared... i am trying to be kind and see this from another angle... My inlaws were here this past weekend... made my famous lasagna... even managed to stay on program... for friday at least... saturday was shot tho! LOL sunday was op so not too bad considering... I am in pain... my ds jumped off the school bus today... didnt tell me he was going to just did... landed right against my face... glasses knocked into my nose and now it hurts to wear them... i have a feeling i will get a black eye from this... isnt that nice?? LOL Oh well... Hubby surprised me with bon jovi concert tickets this past christmas... we went in feb and they are just as awesome as the first time i saw them... when they first came onto the scene... Even dh was impressed... hes wasnt a fan but is now....lol Hope all is well with all of u... take care of u...

Sandy
Old 11-04-2003, 10:27 PM   #27  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Spryng - I am keeping you and your FIL and family in my prayers! I dont blame you for being upset with your MIL!!! This is a serious thing! My FIL had a quadruple by pass surgery 3 years ago. It was right after we flew down for our 10th anniversary and renewed our vows. My FIL was our best man when we got married. Make sure that you really keep tabs on what is going on with this. My FIL came home a week after the surgery, and then 2 days later passed away due to what they thought was a clot from the surgery. The Autopsy showed that the doctor didnt do a quad, only a triple.. and that was the reason... My MIL was in no way shape or form able to fight it or sue... she was way too distraught. My DH still has a hard time with it ... so make sure someone keeps on top of everything!!!

Well, I didnt get as much as I hoped. I did get the new Bon Jovi CD (and I LOVE IT!) and some new bras! I didnt have enough time to look for other stuff.. so I will go another day.

Jen and Sandy- I am so jealous! I have been a Bon Jovi Fan since The Original album came out when I was 16. I have NEVER been to a concert! Everytime they come around I just didnt have the $$ to go. April 15th they were in Seattle and DH wouldnt go with me and since it was a school night, I didnt think I should take my kids... so I didnt go... now I am sorry I didnt!!! DH is becoming a fuddy duddy in his old age!!! He wont even go see Jimmy Buffet, his favorite! He thinks he is too old. (He's 40!)BUT I just entered the contest they are having to win tickets and Airfare/room to Atlantic City to see them perform the songs for the new album and film the DVD. I really want to win!! IF I do, I am taking my 7 YO son with me! He LOVES BJ! (So does my DD.. so I would have a fight on my hands!) BUT.. I have asked my sister for tickets to David Bryan's Musical "Memphis" playing in CA in January. I have asked my mom and dad for the Plane ticket down to see it! I really hope I get that too... David is my favorite and according to the site, he will be there for the whole run of it!

Ok, I am in my obsessed mode! LOL! I do this with every new BJ CD! LOL!

ok.. time for me to go.. I am updating my MP3 player that I take with me to the gym!
Old 11-04-2003, 11:25 PM   #28  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi!

My day was....hmmm, well, I went to the fair this evening and ate about 10,000 calories. Just kidding. I actually skimped all day and figured out in advance what I could have. So, I had 1/2 a gyro, 1/2 an elephant ear and 4 fried mushrooms. I did log over 12,000 steps today so that should help towards some of it. We had lots of fun! I am going on vacation to the Keys in December though and would really like to be down to at least 150. We'll see.

I'm pooped. Chasing a 4 year old and a 2 year old around in a busy fairground wore me out for some reason. I didn't get to mosey through the exhibits like I have in years past and I really missed that. Life with kids! Wouldn't do it any other way though. At least I only lost DH and DD once this time!!!

Good night to you all!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:47 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!

Candy- sounds like you had a fun and busy day. Nothing like going thru a fairground chasing kids! Aw, this phase of like passes so quickly, it sounds like you had a great time anyway.

Karen- glad that you are enjoying that new CD, and got some bras. (don't they make you feel like a million bucks!).

Sandy- hugs to you........how is your face???? Gee, I am sorry that that happened.....funny how our kids can hurt us like that.

Well, gotta go......today is another busy one. I did get my walk in!
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 11-05-2003, 08:14 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Default GOOD MORNING!!

Well I missed yesterday and it took me awhile to catch up on the posts...
Spryng, I'm sorry about your FIL. I hope he is doing well. I'm not sure if you will remember, last year around this time my uncle went thru the bypass and didn't make it. It was also due to the surgen making mistakes like Karen's FIL. I'll say lots of prayers that your MIL comes to her senses. Hope you and DH are handling things alright. Glad you loved the spaghetti squash.

Jen, not so funny but bad hair cuts seem to be catching . I took my Dd's on Monday and we used a different stylist than usual. They bout look like boys. My DH was very angry. I'm still in denial telling myself it will grow faster this time. Hope yours is growing on you CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS TOO!!!!

Karen your posts about bonjovi cracked me up. Hope you are enjoying the new cd. Seriously tho you are gonna have to make time to shop for yourself hon. You really deserve it. And I'm dying to know what size you are now!

Ginny, sorry you are battling Dd again. I hope things start to come around and she finds a college she likes. And good for you to take a day to regroup... I know it can be so trying. Sometimes I just keep going then realize gosh I need to take a break.

Sandy sorry to hear about your accident. How are you feeling? Did your eye turn black?

Candy, sounds like alot of fun at the fair. I would have ate everything insight considering my current state I can't resist fair food. Good for you keeping it together tho

Emily glad to hear you are back on track after the halloween candy
My new sweeper is a eureka rally. It's fantastic. It has all the attachments for doing wood floors and walls windows etc... it goes on carpet too. Its light weight too. I'm tickled pink. I wa using a swiffer and mop on my wood floors to keep the dust up. This makes life so much easier.

Soooo, I had a check up with my OB yesterday. And guess what!!!! I've started to dialate. She said I'll probably deliver in the next 10 days! WOOO HOOOOO!!! I nearly danced on the table in that paper gown! I'm so excited to see this little feller. Sunday is the change in the moon (wives tales) most women go into labor when the moon changes. So I'm thinking Sunday would be a great day for a irthday . I'm still pretty behind here on the farm so I'm going to try and get things situated better today. The girls clothes aren't packed yet and neither are mine. So I guess I'd better get busy.
Hope you all have a great OP day!!!
Closed Thread