Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #61  

URGENT REQUEST!!!

My younger sister, Neita, whom I am very close with and whose husband is my husband's best friend called me this morning from Southern Calf where they live. My bil, Larry, had a heart attack last night! Please keep him in your prayers and the family (Smiths). They did an immediate angioplasty as he had a 99% blockage in 2 arteries, one of which is attached where it cannot be repaired. He is doing better, but with everything going on with fires etc and them having to deal with that, this is just much more stress put on them.

Thank you ladies, you are the best!

Faye
Old 10-29-2003, 11:52 AM   #62  

Default wonderful welcome

thank you ladies for the wonderful, warm welcome. I am feeling motivted and ready for the challenge of losing weight!

Faye, my thoughts and prayers are with your sister and brother-in-law. I know first hand the power and comfort of prayer, and I am more than happy to pass it on.

I attempted to post earlier today but it is not showing up. If it does, eventually, and this is repeated--I do apologize.
I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day. Recently, my legs and ankles have been swelling umcomfortably. They don't swell on the weekends, so I am thinking itis all the sitting that is the culprit, cutting circulation. So, along with eating lower carb, my main objective is to get moving.

I can claim 1 point for yesterday, I drank all my water!!! I need to grocery shop before I can start my food program. The only exercise I got yesterday was climbing the stands to watch Billy play football. My sweet baby (6' 1" and 200 lbs at 13) is a ferocious defensive tackle. He was so proud of his bruises, had to show them off to me---it was way too cute. I admired them like a good Mom. The cheerleaders admired them too which had him blushing bright red! this time of his life is going to be so much fun, I am really looking forward to it.

Again, ladies, thank you for the welcome.
Judy
Old 10-29-2003, 12:24 PM   #63  

Good morn.....oops,afternoon Lovelies!

Well, I swear it's been raining here for MONTHS! Things are flooding here and they can't catch a raindrop in California. How weird the world is.

Anyhoo, I got another 4 pointer day yesterday! This waking up early with dh is doing wonders for my points

Faye, I'll be thinking and praying for your bil. It's good that they got to him in time.

Amanda, keep up the awesome work! I know it's a ***** trying to quit smoking, but it'll get easier. I'm proud of you! AND WOO HOOO on the job interview!! Just be yourself and I'm sure it will go well.

Dorothy--you hang in there girl! It's time to take care of YOU. Heartache stinks, but you have done the right thing cuz YOU DESERVE THE BEST!

Judy--Welcome to our crazy group!! This is the first time I've tried to lose weight that I didn't feel like I was alone and a total failure! I have support, and I'm LOSING WEIGHT! Consistently and (relatively) easily. I feel sure you'll have great success.

Ok, So I have to tell you all that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do morning yoga with my husband in the same room working out! Can you just imagine how hard it is to get a good serious meditative stretch in when you dh is feeling you up every time you stick your butt in the air!! Faye, take this as a warning......I know how Jack is, and just DON"T do yoga unless you're alone Not only did I have to deal with THAT indignity, but he actually took a picture of me doing a bridge pose when my 4 yr old son came in and did a "freeway overpass" on top of my bridge OMG, it was hilarious!!! And just to brighten your days, I'll try to post the picture here.

Until soon
Julie
Old 10-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #64  

Morning Ladies...

Faye: I will keep the Smiths in my prayers and hope all turns out well.

My boss won't be here today so that's takes away some of my worries about the phone calls....the good news is he hasn't called I think he finally knocked out. As for myself I had a good night's rest...I love the little "OFF" switch on my phone

Judy- welcome to our group. Hope you find this group as fun and supportive as I have. I am insulin resistant (due to my PCOS), which I believe is similar to Diabetes Type 2, do you have type 2??? I am on glucophage XR 1000mg/day. Try to stay away from the bad carbs, like white rice, potatoes, pasta...instead have brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread, etc. About you working sitting down all day, I totally understand, most of my time is spent in front of the computer and on the phone. I do try to take stand up breaks, when I just move around the office a bit or stand up and stretch a bit. It's not much but it helps. Also you may try, depending on how long your lunch break is, to divide let's say the 1 hr and walk for half hour, that's what I do alot. Window shop...it help me tune out the stress too.
Hope this helps. By the way I used to be an office admin. for a real estate management office ...cool to see we have one thing in common. I think my current landlord doesn't like that, it's harder for him to try and get over on me...he's tried, but I always win ok enough rambling. Good luck on your very rewarding journey you have begun.

SandyB- yummmmmmm lasagna sounds good, would you care to share the recipe??? I am not much of a cook but lately I've been enjoying cooking and finding new ways to spice up my meals...so as not to get bored or stuck eating the same ole .

Julie-heehee your son's cute. You're doing great. Keep it up and thanks for the support.

Okay beautifuls take care...I will check in later.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:00 PM   #65  

MORE POINTS!

Judy:
Julie:
Sandy:

Judy: It is so great to know you. I am so very sorry about your husband's death. It is wonderful you have a part of him in your son, though. I have been a secretary/receptionist and know what a lot of sitting does to the legs and feet. Blood pools in them and they swell. While you are sitting, do some exercises to just keep the blood flowing, like putting weight on your tippy toes and back down, repeating several times, do mini leg lifts under your desk, things like that. You are in a terrific group of supportive and fun ladies, (even the ones that may sooner or later needed to be carted off to the loony bin.....no names will be released at this time! )

Julie: How hilarious and you are right, Jack would be on my like white on rice if I could even do YOGA! I could just see Thomas coming up and kerplopping on me when I would do something like that, little heiny up in the air!

I decided I needed to get outside and walk so I went and walked about 2.25 miles today, stopped in the store and got a book, a get well card for Lar and a loaf of bread and then came on home. It is so great to be able to WALK to the store, which is about a mile round trip from home.

Woohoo, I got to have an oz of cashews for a snack this morning. Let's see that is about 4 cashews.... Not really, it is a decent amount. Not a half can like I would usually eat, but ok.

Amanda: I need to let you in on a couple things about the menus, when you see french toast for breakfast, I just use a carton of eggbeaters with no milk and batter the bread and if it is cinnamon french toast, just shake a little on each side of the bread rather than add it to the batter, it seems to stick better that way. Also, I can't seem to get sliced frozen strawberries so I just slice whole ones frozen, they are pretty easy to slice that way. It is really good to defrost them with a little Splenda in the microwave for about a minute, mix them up and then put them over the french toast. It is pretty yummy this way with that little dusting of powdered sugar. As I come across menus that I feel are not self explanatory I will let you have more info. Oh and another pretty good tasting thing is if you get tired of just plain apple, I will cut them in half, take out the seeds mix some Splenda and cinnamon together and spread over each half and cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes and instant baked apple. No added calories or fat that way either.

Well it is almost lunchtime and today is a lean cuisine lunch day so I am going to get a shower then moisturize and go and fix myself some lunch.

Faye
Old 10-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #66  

Wink

GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES...JUST CHECKING IN....Faye ,I will certainly keep them in my prayers...and yes they are having a tough time in California....the rain has finally left us hee...it is nice and sunny with a temp of about 70...I was surfing the net and if you Ladies want to check out some awesome transformations ..go to lean and strong .com...go to pictures and files...click on transformations...the changes from working out and eating healthy are awesome....very inspiring to see...well,I must go to put more steps on the pedometer...you girls stay strong ...will check in later...love to all...Joy
Old 10-29-2003, 01:11 PM   #67  

Faye- about books, have you ever read Kathy Hepinstall's books?? I started with "The Absence of Nectar" and after that I got hooked. She written 3 books and I read them all. If you haven't read them yet I do recommend them. Oh and as far as points I got 3 pts yesterday.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #68  

Hello all,

Welcome Judy! Welcome to our crazy group!

Dot- Stay strong and everyone here is so right, you have done the right thing. It will get easier as each day goes by, trust me.

I have been super busy, but I still am struggling with my water intake for some reason, other than that I got the other points yesterday.

I'm so happy to know you all,
Lisa
Old 10-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #69  
I Can and I Will

This place is hoppin... I did my 2mile watp tape... love love love it!! DS even joined me again...lol Julie... i know exactly hwat u mean... thats y i do my yoga after ds leaves for school...lol Cute cute pic by the way too!! Faye, my prayers are with you and your family... hope everything works out well. Dot... as far as a recipe for lasagna... i make my sauce( i use my own canned marinara) add to it the browned meat(of your choice) and i use 3 boxes of the frozen chopped spinach. let that cook and simmer. I then mix the ricotta cheese, parmesan and 2 or 3 eggs all together in a bowl. Take your uncooked noodles and spread the cheese onto them like u were buttering bread. put some sauce on the bottom of your pan then, a layer of noodles, more sauce, layer of noodles... etc, til u have a full pan. I bake mine for 25 mins at 350 degrees. Take it out... let it cool completely . Bake again at 350 for another 30-60 mins... so thats it warmed thru. And thats it. I bake it then rebake it so that it sets... that way u dont have your piece of lasagna swimming around your plate... its nice and firm. And no need to precook the noodles either... thats a pain and mess and its harder that **** to try and spread the riccotta on cooked noodles...LOL They cook just fine in the sauce with the rest of it in the oven. As for sauce.... if i run out of my marinara... Start with a large can of good tomatoes. Add some basil, oregano, whatever u like in your sauce... its very easy to do from scratch. Hope this helped... if u have any questions feel free to ask... i love to cook and am always trying new things out...lol Hope u all have a wonderful day... of course i will be checking back later..lol Love you all....

Sandy
Old 10-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #70  
I Can and I Will

Just missed u Lisa... try eating spicy or salty foods... maybe thta will help with h2o intake...

Sandy
Old 10-29-2003, 02:26 PM   #71  

Not too sure if that would be ok with my gallstones. They have been hurting lately,(probably from lack of water) I don't want to aggrivate them. I am doing a lil bit better on it today but not much.

Faye- Your bil and family are in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Julie- That pic was too funny! Thanks for the smile!

I need a few prayers too, my daughter goes in for surgery tomorrow, I'm sure she'll be fine, but it definitely wouldn't hurt. I'm a nervous wreck already. :wired: We have to be there at 11:30 and she goes in at 12:45.

I probably won't get a chance to be on much over the next few days if history repeats itself. My daughter is big time Momma's girl when she's not well and I can hardly leave her side. She's my only, so it's ok I cherish these years cuz b4 I know it she'll be out on her own. awwwww, now I'm getting sad, I don't like thinking about that.

Time to count my blessings:
1- Healthy
2- Happily Married
3- Home
4- Food on the table
5- 3 great kids
6- I'm alive
7- Great friends
8-3FC website
9- I'm losing weight
10- I can clothe my family
11- My daughter is a young lady to be very proud of.
12- I am going into business for myself
13- I am able to help others
14- I have a job.
15- I have a ton of very supportive friends on this site!
16- It could definitely be worse.

Sorry, but I hate it when I get too whiny..LOL

Have a good one all and count your blessing too, people in California are having it very rough right now.

Lisa
Old 10-29-2003, 03:24 PM   #72  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT MOVE ON TO #36!!!!!
Closed Thread