Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Good morning,
I hope and pray that today is a better day for this thread~ yesterday sure was a stressful one for some of you.

Jen-how sad for you, two close losses like that in one day. And your Df, I can't imagine losing both parents together. Saying goodbye to one is hard enough. For you, are you taking vitamins? Please do so- even your kids chewables will do to tide you over until your eating is a bit more normal. (my WW leader gave me that one, for those who can't handle swallowing huge vitamins). I hope that this weekend getaway is calming for you- and uplifting. (well deserved!!!) Next week will probably be tough for you too, so a nice break would do some good. And congrats on getting to 165!!!

Sandy- thanks for the info on the pork roast. I'm sure that the seasonings are the trick there~ pork is great because it really takes seasoning well. Can't wait to get to Sam's to try one!!!

Spryng-You have a busy day too, huh? Hope that the Dr appt goes well, let us know how you are, ok??? (you know me the mother hen worrier.....) How nice that Dh will be home this weekend too!!!!!! This training period is working out pretty well for you~ the time (at least from my perspective) has been passing quickly.

As far as it goes here, so far so good. I am back to journalling the old method~ using the little note book that I got yesterday.
I like it much, much better. For some reason the flex pts journal is just too cramped and awkward. So, I am kind of doing a hybrid flex pts/winning pts system. I am giving myself 22 points a day (instead of the 20 pts from the flex system). The remaining 3 pts per day I will either bank (old system) or use as flex. Somehow, throwing 35 points at me a week was too much for my scatterbrained mind to handle, and there are days that 20 points just do not make it! (so I feel as though I am defeated before I start). And I have resumed drinking a lot of herbal tea- which is a comfort to me and 0 points. Those are 2 strategies that I used last winter and did well. Lets see how this week goes.......and also as far as the journal goes, I am planning on logging my weight in there too, plus comments because I can give myself as much room as I want to log stuff. I feel better about it already.
Got my walk in too....
Gotta go clean. Hope to see you later.
Ginny
Old 10-17-2003, 11:58 AM   #17  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

Jen - You are in my prayers! It seems like everyone around me is being touched some way with Breast cancer. I have a student who has been battling for 7 years.. and winning! I have a good friend who is going for her last chemo today and winning as well! I will pray that you are beign! I am also praying for your DF and her family. I am hoping today will be better!

Ginny, I bet you will get that .8 off and more by next week! I have talked to a couple of moms at school who are doing WW and have been having gaining issues with the flex points program too... I wonder if WW will change things...

Spryng - I think your DH's training period has gone fast too! BUt again, that is my perspective. My days here at home are flying too because I have been so Busy!

Speaking of Pork, have any of you tried the 99% fat free pork roasts that Costco carries? You buy them in a 3 pack. They roast up so moist! and with 99% fat free.. they are great for any WOE!!

I am home by myself today. DH went to school with the kids to take DD to the pumpkin patch. It is pouring down rain, so I opted to stay home and not get sick again!! So I will be cleaning house and crocheting today!

Hope all have a great day!

Hugs!!
Old 10-17-2003, 04:18 PM   #18  
hangin' in there...

Hi all. I had a chance to pop back in for a quick moment before I go off for the weekend. The kids and dogs are gone and it is sooooo quiet here.

Ginny, your journaling system sounds wonderful. You are so focused right now.... I just know you will be fine. And yes, I do try to get my vitamin in every day, although I am not all that consistant with it. That will be my mission, though, while I don't seem to be able to eat much.

Karen, glad you decided to stay out of the nasty weather. I hope you continue to improve. And thanks for the tip on the pork!

Spryng, I hope your u/s went well today. I have been thinking of you.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the kind words and support. This is truly one special group of women! ok, I am getting a bit emotional, so I will quit! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Talk on Monday.........
Old 10-17-2003, 05:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Well my appointment went fine. My ribs are sore from that ultrasound device... I thought she was going to break one! I won't know any results until tuesday but she said she thought everything looked just fine. So I'm not worried. Plus I did finally get my "real" TOM... so now I'm not thinking about that anymore. lol.
Ginny I journal in a little notebook too. Ilike that I can use as many pages as I want and keep extra info in there too. I keep it right on my kitchen counter so I don't forget to write anything down.
Jen, I'm so glad you are feeling better about things today. Maybe you felt that hug I sent you after all,
Well my SIL babysat for me today and it was so nice! I got some shopping done, came home and cleaned my bedroom!!! I wonder how many activity points that got me, lol. It was such a mess. But now I can see the floor again and all the night stands and such are dusted and look wonderful! DH is going to be suprised when he sees it! Speaking of him... he own't be here until around midnight tonight. he ended up getting delayed in Iowa. But he's on his way home now.. so I'll see him very late tonight. I stayed up so late last night getting this house spotless. I clean everyday but as you know with toddlers you can clean and clean and they can play for 10 min and it look like you never touched the room. But I swept and mopped the kitchen... and all that good stuff last night, plus took my shower (had to shave for DH, lol!) Then Tanner decided to get up even earlier today so I am so tired. I don't think I will make it until midnight to greet DH, I'll be asleep long before then. But he'll understand.
Well anyway, now I am home and just relaxing. I treated myself and the kids to mcdonalds and it was very good (and all withing my points for today) so I don't have to worry about dinner now. WI is tomorrow so I'll be drinking a ton of water the rest of the night to flush my system out. I'll get back on here later!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #20  
I Can and I Will

Jen , I too am at a loss... i can not even begin to imagine what your friend, her family and u are all going thru. My prayers and thoughts are with all of u. TOM came today and i am exhausted... didnt do my yoga or myother exercises... just too pooped! Hope u all have a wonderful evening. Spryng... have a wonderful time with your hubby... I am going to bed early tonite... talk to u all tomorrow.

Sandy
Old 10-18-2003, 12:49 AM   #21  
I'm a Jovi Girl

you guys are never going to believe this.. I have to tell someone!

I went to the Gyno today because I have been battling a yeast infection for a couple of months now.. it comes and goes.

Well, I do have a really bad infection.. so bad that I have to take not only Diflucan tonight, but also another Diflucan on Monday and another one on Thursday. Add to that a precription suppository for 7 days. I have been using Monostat 7 for the last 2 months with no relief! But they are also taking a culture because there is a e. coli strain going around that causes yeast infections. UGH!!

If that is the case, I will have to have antibiotics, only to have another yeast infection.. UGH!!!!

Keep me in your thoughts!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:55 AM   #22  

Oh Karen! When will you have the coulture taken? I hope they get rid of really fast for you. How terrible!
Well Dh didn't get home until 3 am ! He is so tired so needless to say he is still out. But it's nice to see him in our bed again
Ok, my WI day! I lost 3 lbs!!!!!!! I'm at 156 today! I'm so happy! I knew my jeans were getting looser. Well, I got to get things done around here because once DH gets up we'll be gone all day. TTYL and have a great SATURDAY!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

I'M BACK!!!

I may be here-but I sure had a hard time finding you all! I'm exhausted & I didn't even get on my recumbant bike yet! (I was looking for my last post so that I could get caught up with you all from where I left off!) Little did I know that you were umteen posts into the next thread!! What a workout-Hmmnn... that should have counted towards a fews calories, don't you think? Well gals, you heard right-I didn't get on the R. Bike yet. I've been so, so busy. I can't believe how many new gals we have here. THAT IS SO AWESOME!! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can answer any of you personally. I guess you'll have to wait til I get a night of insomnia. I did have a chance to skim the posts and it seems to me that the majority of you are doing a fantastic job. I sure hope I can join you all with the same results soon. During the day I've been trying to keep up with the housework & different appointments for my inlaws & cats. Also-the school auction is this weekend, so I put in several hours of volunteer work to help out with it. Then....at night-make dinner & play Mom's Taxi Service. It's mostly for my DD, the outgoing one-that tries to keep her DM just as outgoing-(At least out going in the taxi!) Now-back to you gals: I see a lot of you are on the WW program. This is the plan I'm supposed to be on, so I'll try & join in, okay? Is anyone on the new WW flexpoints plan? I haven't been to a meeting since spring, so I'm not familiar with it at all. It's so costly & time consuming for me currently, so I guess I'll follow the old plan & add some exercise!! It was great to see that so many of you missed me. It makes me feel so special! I guess what I'm going to have to do is print out all these posts & try & get caught up while I wait for dd at dance today. Well I have to scoot right now & take dd to dance. I'll try & get caught up with you all later, okay? TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 10-18-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #24  

Jackie I am so glad you have decided to join us again!! Yes, I am doing the Flexpoints plan. It's really not so different then the winning points... first instead of a point range a day you get a set target point (for me it's 22)you can find yours by the lowest points in your range and add two and that would be your target points. 2nd, instead of banking points you get 35 flexpoints to use for the week. They start on the day you weigh in... you can use them throughout the week or all at once or however you like. And 3rd you still get activity points and you can eat as many as you earn but they have to be eaten the day you earn them. No saving them. I think that is it in a nutshell. If you have anymore questions about it feel free to ask one of us! Alot of people are having success on this and some prefer the winning points but it doesn't matter which one you decide on because they all work well.
Well we just got home. It has been such a busy day. Shop shop shop. We ate at redlobster and I used almost all of my FP's today. But that is what I planned to do. I don't like using them during the week.
Well, gonna put in a movie and relax with my hubby! TTYL!
Old 10-18-2003, 11:34 PM   #25  
Domestic Engineer

Just wanted to check in quickly. I have had computer problems this week and wasn't able to get on-line HAven't really had time to read back (you guys have been chatty!) But did see Jen's post-- ((((big hugs to you!)))))

Promise I'll be back tomorrow! Welcome back Jackie! You probably don't remember me, but I posted back a couple years ago and then not again until recently. Anyone keep in touch with Kerrie? I did for awhile, but haven't for a long time.

Anyway, have a good night!
Old 10-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Gee it has been busy here.....I snuck on while waiting for Ds to move his laundry from the washer to the dryer, and read (skimmed) some of the posts......I will be back later!!!!!!!! See you then!
Ginny BTW- the WW apple pie is wonderful.....4 pts a serving
Old 10-19-2003, 09:06 PM   #27  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang...........

Well, the weekend was wonderful!!!!! Our condo was gorgeous. And the resort has recently built a brand-new fitness center. Dh and I worked out both days, then relaxed in the new salt water pool and hot tubs. It was heaven! We spent yesterday just relaxing.... did a little outlet shopping, soaking in the hot tub, and a leisurely dinner. We had both decided that we would not be counting points for the weekend. But, honestly, I think my stomach has shrunk and I could not eat like I used to. We did not go too wild. And, we did work out both days.

So, I am home now, and feel like I have slammed head-on into reality. I checked the local paper to find I missed my friend's parents wake this afternoon. I didn't expect them to get anything underway until tomorrow. So, ds and I will head out first thing in the morning to the double funeral. Please pray that a lunchbox full of trains keeps ds quiet. But, I think he will be fine..... he is a good boy. I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all. The services are being held at the same funeral home where we held my father's. In a way, I am glad that I will have ds with me, because I will not drag him to the cemetary, which is the same one where my father is..... I have not been there since the day he was buried. So we will just attend services at the funeral home, then maybe the mass at church, depending on how ds is behaving.

Then I just have to get through my ultrasound on Tuesday. I will be hoping that the week takes a turn for the better by Wednesday.

Emily, thanks for the support.

Spryng, hope you enjoyed your time with hubby. Any chance you want to bring your super-cleaning self here once he goes back on the road? And glad your u/s turned out well.

Jackie, so glad you are back. I am doing the flexpoints plan, too. It's the only plan I know, since I joined WW post-winning points. I like it, and usually try to save my flexpoints for the weekends.

Karen, so sorry about your infection. I hope you get it cleared up soon.

Sandy, hope you are well.

Well, I am off to bed, since tomorrow will be a long day. Talk soon.........
Old 10-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'll probably be off of here for a few days or so. I received bad news today. My FIL passed away today. Thanks to all you gals for filling me in with the Flexpoints. Jelynn-I do indeed remember you. Didn't we both post at another thread too? I think it was an exercise one. Well, I'm pretty exhausted, so I'll close for now.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:45 AM   #29  

Good morning all!
Jackie I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. Were you really close with him? You will be in my thoughts. Hope to see you back here as soon as you are up to it.
Jen, I'm glad your weekend was good and I hope the rest of the week goes well for you too. At least it is monday... a fresh week.
My weekend went great too. It was so nice to have Dh home. He leaves at 2 pm today... so we are about to head to town to do a little shopping before he goes. But I did use ALL of my flexpoints this weekend, and enjoyed every bite of it, lol. But now I am ready to finish my week with just target points and get some exercise in. I hope everyone else had a good weekend too.
Mel? How are you? Haven't heard from you in a while. How's little Myra?
Well, got to go! TTYL!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:41 AM   #30  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Jen - I am glad you had a good weekend! You deserved it after what you are going through!

Jackie - I am keeping you and your family in my THoughts and prayers.

Spryng - how long is DH gone for this time? Is the training almost over? I hope you have a great day shopping...

OK - I have to run... but I have to tell you .. I am down another 1 pound today for a total of 20.5 pounds! WOO HOO! I have hit my First short term goal! WOO HOO! Only 4 more pounds to meet my PUMPKIN DAY CHALLENGE!

Going to the gym.. but I will check in later!
Closed Thread