Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 10:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Jen, I hope you find out what that bump is and it goes away fast. If it is a cyst, how do you get rid of it? Do you think it could be some kind of bug bite?
Emily I hope you get rested up! That chicken sounds very good I may have to try it someday. Today is leftover day for us. I have that meat loaf and those lemon chicken breasts with herbs to eat.
I ended up getting woke up at 1:30 am by DH. He over slept and didn't hear his alarm going off in the truck so that's why he didn't call me. So I stayed up to talk to him and now I am dragging! But he'll be home in 8 days. I'm almost counting down the hours! lol.
Well anyway... I made a big mess in my kitchen last night while cooking and also this morning (I made the kids eggs and bacon, which I hardly every do) so now it's even messier. So that is what I will be doing today. Tomorrow though is shopping day and I'm looking forward to it!
Well, I'll catch you all later. Ginny is everything ok? I'm starting to worry about you. Email me if you need to talk ok?
TYYL!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:59 AM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Sorry this has to be short.....got some sickies here (both Dd's) but of course the big one HAD to go into school late, which means that I will be on the road again late tonight to pick her up from her soccer game.......never a dull one.
I served the chicken meatloaf recipe......and everyone who ate it loved it. Thanks Jen!!!! (it was you, right)?
Gotta go- but oddly enough just yesterday aT WW they gave me the points for ground beef. So for all you WW'ers, here it is. I will be back on later to get personal.
Ginny
all of the below are for 1 # uncooked meat.
Beef ground:
5-7%fat 15 points
10%fat 19 pts
15%fat 21pts
20%fat 23pts
regular 25 pts

Chicken-
dark meat (w/o skin and bones) 15 pts
white meat (w/o skin and bones) 12 pts

Turkey
Lean 16pts
regular 20 pts
Old 10-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #18  
hangin' in there...

Ginny, sorry your dd's are sick. Glad you enjoyed the chicken meatloaf........ yes, it was me.

Spryng, glad you heard from dh, even if it did keep you up later than usual.... I'm sure it was worth it.

Emily, get some rest!

Sandy, glad you enjoyed your meatloaf, too.

Sorry for the short replies..... I am a bit out of sorts today, and feeling a little overwhelmed. I am dealing with a couple of potential health issues that I am trying not to worry about until I have some more definitive info, but it is difficult. As for the bump on my hand, well, that is just one more annoyance on top of everything else. The doc confirmed that it is a ganglion cyst, which is normally not a big deal and wouldn't cause problems, but mine is in an unusual spot. Most are located on the top of the hand and are only removed for cosmetic reasons. Mine is at the base of the thumb, on the wrist, right at the joint, of my dominant hand. She felt it would probably need to be surgically removed because of the pain and pressure it will cause on the joint and tendon. I see the hand surgeon next month.

Anyway, my eating has at least been good, and I am still OP. No exercise yet today, but I am going to try to sneak off for a walk when dh gets home, because I could really use to clear my head. I am really dying to just order pizzas for dinner and pig out, but I know that won't solve anything. I have some chicken in the freezer and will cook up something healthy instead. I know I'll feel better, in the long run.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #19  

Jen sorry to hear that some issues have you down today. I do hope that everything works out. If you ever want to talk I'm a really good listener ([email protected]) email me anytime, ok? But you deserve a walk. I sure miss being able to take one when Dh was here every evening. It really helped me clear my head and be alone with my thoughts.
I did come accross some good recipes today. One of which I plan to make on saturday (it's a crock pot dish) I'll post the recipe after this.
My day has been going well. The kids have been good. Tanner isn't eating as much as he normally does today, which was starting to concern me but then he finished off 4 oz of his bottle, so I think he is fine. I guess he just wasn't hungry.
Well, I am off here to see what needs to be done around the house. TTYL!
Old 10-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #20  

CrockPot Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken

(4 servings @ 4 pts each)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
2 tbls cornstarch
1/4 c FF sour cream

1. Spray crockpot w/ cooking spray
2. Add chicken breasts, top with salsa, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. When ready remove chicken. Mix cornstarch w/ small amount of water, stir into salsa sauce. Stir in sour cream.

Alot say they love this as leftovers too in tortillas and such. Most served it over rice. That's how I'm going to try it. TTYL!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:16 AM   #21  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning all~
What a week...why does PMS have to be so tormenting to me?? I haven't had a great week- haven't felt that well, have over-ate, have been sooo busy, have been less than stellar to DH and the kids. The house is a wreck and I'm feeling generally overwhelmed with life. "This too shall pass" I know...just looking for that different mind-set to take over and feel great again!! On top of all that our computer is on a fritz, so if I happen to disappear you will know why. I think it's time for a new one! Today I have my mouse taken apart and I'm scrolling with the innards what a pain!! And takes forever to navigate!

Thanks for that recipe Spryng- I love chicken tacos- and anything Mexican for that matter.

Well, It's time to get breakfast on and the kids up for the day. I was up at 5:45 to feed the baby and didn't get back to sleep. Should have exercised, but at least got some cleaning done. I'll check back if it doesn't take me forever!!

Jen- hope you get everything worked out...take care.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:44 AM   #22  

Good morning all!
Wow do I feel great today. Actually got myself in bed by 10:30 pm last night and it's almost 9 am and the kids are still out! This doesn't happen often, they are usually up by 7:30-8 am. But I am not complaining! lol.
Emily, I hope your PMS goes away soon. I'm still suffering from it too. After Tanner was born I got that new IUD Mirena put in and it has really screwed my cycles up. The first two months my period lasted 3 wks, then 2 wks, and now this time I'm late getting my period so the PMS is sticking around. I thought it would have showed it's head today since last night I felt really crummy and was soooo hungry (that's usually a sign for me) so I went to bed to avoid the kitchen. Mirena is suppose to lighten your periods and then you'll eventually have none. Well, after the first year, not the 3rd month. Makes me kinda worried... but I know it's in place right and I'm NOT pregnant, so I'm just trying to wait it out. Ugh. Being women sometimes is so hard.
But anyway, I'll take my mind off of it today by SHOPPING! Taking the kids to get them a treat apiece and probably out to lunch. I'm buying myself some treats too... new bras and panties! I'm one of those women who don't buy maternity underwear or bras so mine get pretty stretched out, so I went through my drawer and took out all the ones that are in bad shape and was suprised to find it was almost all of them and all but one bra so it's time for new ones. (I haven't bought a new bra in 3 years!!) so I feel like it's a treat. Ok, I'm getting off here. I guess I'll have to wake the kiddos up and start getting ready. TTYL! Have a great Friday all!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:16 AM   #23  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

I am still feeling pretty crumby with this cold, but I have so much to do that I have to just ignore it!

My Kids are going on a field trip to the bowling alley for Cosmic bowling. Have you all heard of that? THey use blac lights and florecent clothing and have smoke and all sorts of stuff while they are bowling. It was a prize for selling magazines at school. Should be interesting! I get to be a chaperone!

Got on the scale yesterday just to see if all the cold meds I have been taking has hurt me as far as losing weight. I havent gone to the gym any other day but Monday and I still show a 2 pound loss. I am going to wait until Monday to make it offical.. but I am pretty impressed that I can still lose weight and be sick! LOL!

Well I better run.. Hope all are well!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #24  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Lovelies!!! Well i go to hte Doc today for my physical... fun fun... but i will be able to get back on my birth control pills... I use Yasmin because it helps mood swings... lord knows i need that...LOL I do have some Good News... i am down 3 lbs!!! Now i can see the results all this exercising is doing... Its JUST what i needed.... Hope you ladies all have a fantastic day... Spryng... get yourself some lovely undies... nothing makes u feel more pretty than knowing you have on something pretty. Its even better when its underwear because noone else knows ... so u can have a secret smile that will have people wondering... why is she so happy?? lol At least thats my take on it... Take care of u today!! Karen hope u feel better soon!

Sandy
Old 10-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Gee, do I actually get a chance to sit down now?????
Gosh, this has really been one of those weeks and the weekend does not promise to be any better. My 2 Dd's and I are going college shopping this weekend- U of Hartford (going to see just because it is on the way to Gordon College~ which is where Dd and a bunch of her buddies( including Bf ) are looking. I am indulging her the look at Gordon- it is supposed to be a good school- otherwise I am sure we will see a horrific teenage tantrum. She is looking at other schools, so this weekend is just to get her feet wet. Got my walk in this am.....and just plain have a busy weekend/day ontap. Will life ever get slower?????

Jen- so sorry to hear about your health issues(more than just the hand?). Good for you staying OP despite the stress! Hang in there, and a big hug to you.

Spryng- gee that chicken recipe sounds good! Maybe I will make it tomorrow. And Enjoy the new undies!!!!! I hope you picked out some really pretty stuff.

Emily- well, I figure that PMS time is a time for us to take a breath- and time for us busy overextended moms to get a little time in for ourselves. Hope you are doing ok and can get a break. Hang in there.

Sandy- woo hoo!!!!!!!! 3# loss!! Great- I am so happy for you.

Karen - I love the thinner faced you and the new van. Hope the cosmic bowling (you brave woman) was fun.

Gotta go......the vacuum calls. Hope to get back here later or tomorrow before I am off searching for colleges. Have a great day!!!
Ginny
Old 10-10-2003, 01:10 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Sandy- how did the physical go????
Ginny
Old 10-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #27  

Good afternoon all!
Who knew buying a barbie would result in such a headache!! My dd couldn't make her mind up. So she finally settled on a cute barbie, a package of accessories and a package of clothes. She's having fun with them in her room right now.
DS found the remote control car he wanted right away! I was so proud, lol.
Yes I did buy me some really pretty panties and two nice bras. I still want to get a couple more bras and then I'm done with that kind of shopping for now. I also got me a new purse and wallet. So I feel good. Oh and I took the kids to burger king so they could play in their playland and I tried one of those new fire grilled baggettes!! YUM! It came in a "lite" meal, with a side salad and spring water. It was so great and only 6 pts!
Karen you are losing so well!! I can't wait to get the "official" WI on monday but obviously it's going to be fantastic. Sandy, congrats on your loss too!! Everyone is having such a great week!
My WI is tomorrow and I'm worried since I still feel bloated from TOM. But hopefully I see something good.
Well, guess I'll get off here and get something done. have a great day all!!
Old 10-11-2003, 08:54 AM   #28  

Good morning all!
Well I wish I was giving great news but alas (sigh) ... I'm STILL at 159. I guess that is ok since I lost the 2 lbs I gained last week... but still. I was hoping to see 158 at least. It just makes me feel bad since everyone else seems to be losing so great right now... o-well. I'm sure I'll have a good week in the future. I know it's not because I'm doing anything wrong. I'm exercising, drinking my water and staying within my points. I really don't know why my body gets stuck so often. Maybe I'm at a set point and it's just going to take some time to break through this phase. Any advice?
Well I'm off here for now. TTYL!
Old 10-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #29  
I Can and I Will

Oh Spryng, dont feel bad... and youre right... you are doing everything right... i get stuck all the time as well. Then i lose all at once...lol but as long as u r staying on program and exercising u know u r doing things right. It just gets very frustrating... i know... i feel the same way. Hang in there!!!

Sandy
Old 10-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!

Spryng- good for you getting some nice new undies and a purse!!! Simply amazing how a few new things can really make you feel better and make your day. Sorry 'bout the Barbie experience. Guess we have all had that kind of thing~ we want so badly to do something nice for our kids and despite all good intentions it does not go quite as smoothly as we had anticipated.
As far as your WI goes........that is a function of WW and probably TOM. The weight does come off and it will!!! You'll see it at the scale next week. Are you journalling???? If you have been and kept your old journals, go back to a week that you were more successful at the scale and see if there are any huge differences between this past week and that. Maybe you can learn something from the previous week. Also- you are learning a new lifestyle here- one that allows you to eat all foods (not like the restrictive Atkins), and in doing so you are allowing the body to lose weight more naturally. The body sheds weight at its own pace- and at times there is little that can be done about that. Some of my best weight loss weeks were when I was not quite as careful as I could have been, but that was the week that my body was ready to shed weight. Go figure, but that is common. At last weeks meeting one woman, who was on a 3 week vacation came back and told me while waiting to WI how she was curious about her WI. She was good during the beginning of the vacation and then ate out a lot towards the end (but made pretty good food choices). The end result??????? She lost 3#! So hang in there- the weight will come off.

Sandy- how are you doing??????

Gotta go take Dd for pictures.......this weekend is insane, but I will be on later. See ya then. (got my walk in though)
Ginny
Closed Thread