Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 10:58 PM   #226  
Stay Committed & Believe

S/C/G: 152/152/122

Height: 5’8”

Default 2lb Challenge Day 4

Four days down. We are over half way there chicks. How do you feel? Are you feeling positive vibes regarding your efforts? I hope so. I am feeling good about it. It won’t be much longer now. Smile 😀 🎊 you are getting so close.

Diana-you are doing great at increasing your steps and staying active.

Nancy-Good luck with being disciplined with your eating. Stay focused.

Rachel-you are a busy woman. Good job at keeping up your plans.

Teri-great job on your variety of exercises. It must have been frustrating for you when your oatmeal cookie and apple crisp didn’t turn out the way you planned.

Ciecie-when you read labels, are you focusing on ingredients, calories, or both?

Meals
Breakfast: Shredded wheat cereal with strawberries
Brunch: Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich on grain bread
Lunch: Lentils, pintos, & peas in spicy tomato sauce.

Exercise:
7 mile walk pushing buggy with 50 lb dog.
Mopped house.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:16 PM   #227  

SinaRose, I’m focusing on both. I buy Non GMO whenever possible. 😁❤️😷🌺
Old 05-26-2022, 06:01 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, I took to the vet my FERAL kitty whom I've had for 15 years (he's 16-17 years old). He just kind of moved in years ago, but will never let me touch him. So, everyfew years I have to catch in a cage trap to check and deal with any health problems. He had a dental(a couple of teeth pulled), some blood work, vaccinations, wormer, some mats shaved, etc. The old man essentially got a "tune-up." He's still in fairly good shape for his age. Has the start of kidney failure which most cats get at that age, but it's not at an acute stage.

I have to go to the city today to take my Mom to the eye doctor for a checkup plus pick up my kitty from the vet. Will be another busy day. I will try to get some exercise in today, but no promises. I took in 1470 calories yesterday.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/calcium supp., maybe recumbent bike.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:29 AM   #229  

Good morning! Just did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #230  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,703

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 26

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.

As children of loving parents, we always knew they would do what was best for us: loving us, protecting us, providing for us, and teaching us. Our parents wanted us to be happy and fulfilled, and they sacrificed much so we could enjoy life. The Bible reminds us that our heavenly Father loves us even more than any earthly parent every could. We should follow the wisdom of the Lord as children follow the loving guidance of their parents. God will keep us from those things we should not have, if we will only ask Him to. Include God in every aspect of your life, including your diet.

Today's thought: Let me be a little child of God!
Old 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #231  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands before I punched in today. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-26-2022, 06:08 PM   #232  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone
WI naw not today
WO thought about it
Diet: thinking about it too. But still trying to eat sensible. Today my collegen powder, coffee and cauliflower bites for lunch (baked)
Dinner pork loin in mustard sauce and cucumber salad

Well got a call from my cabinet install guy. He just bailed so now I am scrambling to find a replacement. Ah the fun of the remodel
Old 05-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #233  

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #234  
Stay Committed & Believe

S/C/G: 152/152/122

Height: 5’8”

Default 2lb Challenge Day 5

Hi there ladies 👋 😀 Have you been running into any obstacles on your effort so far? How have you been managing them? I hope you stayed strong and remembered that your Sister Chicks 🐥 🐣🐥🐤🐣 are counting on you to hang in there.

My hubby and I went to the store today. Among many other items, he bought chocolate, ice cream sandwiches, and licorice. I haven’t touched any of it, even though I love it all. If I am successful on my 2lb loss effort on Saturday, I may treat myself to one item, but I will have to eat it in moderation. Moderation is the key.

Diana-I see you are back on counting steps after a day off. Hope you are doing fine. Don’t give in yet. You are so close to breaking that barrier.

Nancy-thanks for being honest about your efforts. I don’t lose weight that easy, because I love food, so I need to be more dedicated when I try. Glad you are trying to be sensible about your eating.

Rachel-good job with calories! You are getting some exercise in just from running errands, to the vet, etc

Teri-I hope you are feeling positive about your diet and exercise efforts. You have been doing a fantastic job with your exercise.

Ciecie-I avoid GMO too. I am not comfortable with eating genetically modified food items yet. I really hated it when I use to forget to bring my glasses to the store, it made it so hard to read & buy anything. I use a different purse now and have a extra pair of glasses in there, so I am well prepared now and can sort out any GMO items. 👩‍🏫

Meals
Breakfast: Tomato and pesto cheese omelette, veggie sausage, English muffin, orange juice
Brunch: blueberry waffles
Lunch: cereal with soy drink

Exercise
15 minutes stretching with hand weights
27 minutes elliptical
45 minute walk
30 minute walk
15 minutes watering plants with water bucket
Old 05-26-2022, 10:55 PM   #235  

Good night all! SinaRose, I also buy organic produce whenever possible. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-27-2022, 01:44 AM   #236  

Default MAY 2022

Hi!

Rachel: How do you catch your feral kitties?

SinaRose: You are doing a great job coaching us! /When I make mistakes, it just tells me what not to do. Maybe I should see if there are any recipes online for microwaveable 1 cup desserts. I do fine with one dessert. The problem is when I make a large quantity...

CieCie: I am impressed with how careful you are about the food you purchase...

Nancy: Do you notice any differences consuming collagen fiber?

No swimming two days ago. Yesterday, I biked, wt. lifted, did floor exercises, and later I did water walking/sculling/breaststroke. Diet was okay. I made a single serving oatmeal cookie/cake and it turned out okay. I did buy a sundae yesterday, but I only ate part of it. Maybe, it will last a couple more days.

I went grocery shopping. I bought mostly healthy food. I think I am still spending too much money on food and buying too much. I don't like when you don't know if the grocery stores will have what you need...and you travel far to get to the grocery store.

I made this week's goal, this month's half-goal and a 10 lb. goal.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:03 AM   #237  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-27-2022, 05:37 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, I use a cage trap to catch feral cats.

Busy but productive day yesterday. I took in 1570 calories.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, vit/min/calcium supp., recumbent bike and or walk, leg weights.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:12 AM   #239  

Good morning again! Just did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. 😁🌺😷❤️
Old 05-27-2022, 08:29 AM   #240  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Just some thoughts: I am hypothyoid and my Dr. changed my brand of medication. This has been positive as my numbers are now in range. The problem is that I have been eating a protein bar at lunch that I really like. It has a couple adaptagen herbs in it. At first I didn't think much about the adaptagen herbs. Then I decided to google it and I found out that they can impact the thyroid. I went to my Dr. this week, that's when I found out my numbers were good. I took her the box with the list of ingredients and she said that I shouldn't have those herbs because of the thyroid issues. I have always been very sensitive with stuff. Anyways, my labs do not reflect the increase from the adaptagen herbs because I have only been eating the protein bars for a couple of weeks. But I can feel the results because I am waking too early and not getting enough sleep. I really liked the bars and they are clean and organic. I also found them on sale and bought 2 boxes, LOL. I ordered them so I don't want to return them. I can share with someone else. Others won't have a problem with them because they don't have thyroid issues like me. Anyways yesterday I ate a different bar that had a good amount of protein but not the amount of fiber that the problem bar has. I was starving! So this morning I was on a mission to find a bar that meets all of my criteria. I think I found it and ordered a box. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully a few days without the bars with the herbs in it and I will be sleeping better. I don't do well without sleep.

I was tired last night and didn't check-in.

Calories for yesterday: 1300 +

Yesterday: 30 minute walk

Steps from yesterday: 10,018

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 27

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

'How do I know that God will help me lose weight?' The question comes up often, and there is only one response to give: God will help us in every time of need, and He will never turn us away. That is something we just have to know by faith, and we bolster that faith by listening to the Word of God: the Holy Scriptures. God makes wonderful promises to His people, and He is faithful to keep each and every one. He will help us understand His will, if we will only allow Him to do it in His own time and His own way. Listen to the promises of God and receive faith.

Today's thought: I can't hear God if there's fat between my ears!
Closed Thread