Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 04:57 PM   #181  
Just 3 a month

S/C/G: 200/157.2/120

Height: 5'

Hi everyone, thank you so much for sharing your struggles and successes. It is SO motivating to hear your stories. I have good news for a change: three days without overeating, and down two pounds since the beginning of the year (nearly at my goal of three pounds this month, though four is what I really want). Finally feel like I'm on my way.

Gone Astray, how's your health? So glad you're vaccinated -- I hope that means it's been relatively easy. Wishing you a quick recovery.

Thanks, Diana, for the devotions -- they have helped your anxiety and mine, too. How awful to have a bully in your life. I wish you luck in cutting her off. Thank you also, Tiia and Rachel, for your inspiring words. Tiia, quitting smoking is the hardest. I strongly believe the strength it took you to do that will stand by you in this journey.

Tiia and Zallie, congratulations on staying on track. Zallie, I've also noticed that being in the group and posting regularly makes me less likely to fall off the wagon. Rachel, glad you made it on to a recumbent bike at your parents' place. Was it fun? One of my doctors recommended it & says he likes to watch tv shows on his tablet while sitting on it.

Momwannabe, here's to a cool breeze! I've seen pictures of Cape Town and it looks so beautiful.

Terri: I love tabbouli so much, I could eat it all day long. And I adore Scrabble! Also Boggle. I find that finger games like Word Wipe really help when I have cravings.

Nancy, we are on parallel tracks; under 150 is my goal, by the end of February. That will take me just under the obesity limit for my height. After that I have another 30 to go for a "normal" weight.

Have a good evening, everyone. Power to you all.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:22 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 201/197/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening!
Tonight my heart is singing for two reasons! because I made progress! I am DOING this! I lost 2 more pounds. Also, it is singing from the support of my family and this forum in the short time I've been here has been a blessing. I feel uplifted and welcomed. Thank you RACHEL for the heartfelt message. I am taking it to heart and remembering to turn to GOD. (Never forget!)
Diana- I have bullies too, and I think turning to food has been in part to comfort myself from the hurt they inflict. Staying away from them is the best! It is great to be an adult!
Auntiroh- great news! Congrats on further losses and successes.
I appreciate reading about all of you every day!
I had a good day- stuck to 1500 cals. Exercise was weight lifting and elliptical machine!
Good night. <3
Old 01-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #183  

Good night all! Auntieroh, I agree with you about posting regularly. It keeps me on track most of the time. 😁🍾😷❤️☃️🎊🎉
Old 01-17-2022, 10:52 PM   #184  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

I took one of our Church Deacon's and his wife to their Dr's apt. He just had shoulder surgery on Friday and can't drive, she is legally blind and can't drive. She is my walking buddy and I help her in the office at church. What started off as a simple Dr. appt. ended up with a trip to the Urgent Care. He has been having shortness of breath and pain since his surgery. Originally Urgent Care thought he had a blood clot. EKG, CT scan and a battery of tests later they decided it was inflammation. I picked them up at 12:30 and got home at 7:30. Crazy day!

Total Approx 1320 calories +

Breakfast ( 320 calories & )
2 Greek yogurts 220 calories
1 banana 100 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch ( 500 Calories)
2 protein bars 500 calories

Dinner ( 600 Calories)
2 chicken drumsticks w/curry seasoning 200 calories
roasted carrots & potatoes 200 calories
boiled yellow squash 100 calories
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise: CS Calorie Burning Workout, Essentrics Unlock feet, ankles, and Calves

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 01-17-2022, 11:02 PM   #185  

Good night all! Diana, you sure had a busy day! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍾😷❤️☃️🎊
Old 01-18-2022, 07:09 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Wow, Diana, what a day!!!

Auntiroh and Tiia, way to go on your successful losses !! You are inspirations.

I stepped on the scale this morning. NOT encouraging . Hopefully just fluid retention? I took in 1300 calories yesterday and did the recumbent bike. Skipped the situps.

Today's Plan: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/cal supp., recumbent bike, situps, maybe arm weights.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:32 AM   #187  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🎊😷❤️☃️🍾🎉
Old 01-18-2022, 08:05 AM   #188  

Height: 5' 4"

good morning
still have a stuffy had and off an on chest congestion and coughing, Each day seems to bring different symptoms, I have to continue to isolate until I am 24 hours symptom free

Weight loss is stalled. I enter everything into the Atkins tracker, 100% honestly, no doubt I have been under 1200 calories and 20 grams of carbs. I am sick of being sick and I am sick of the scale not showing how hard I am working. That was my pity party. I will keep on track as there really is no other choice. Sooner or later my body is going to have to give it up. It would help if I could get out and get in some steps, but I am not sure I could snow shoe out back to my game cameras and pull the SD cards. I haven't pulled them in almost 2 weeks, although I don't get many animals during the winter. The bears are sleeping and they deer yard up. But the gray foxes are out there just about every day, occasional red foxes too.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:20 AM   #189  

Gone Astray, you get lots of rest!😁❤️☃️🍾🎉🎊😷
Old 01-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #190  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Gone Astray I hope you feel better soon.

Rachel Hang in there.

Steps from yesterday: 4,163

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 18

1 Samuel 2:30
'. . . Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.'

A friend of mine played basketball in high school. He did everything he could to become the best player he could be. He worked with the coach every day. He respected the coach and did everything the coach told him, in order to please him. His hard work paid off. He starred on the team, and when he graduated, the coach told him he was the finest player he had ever had the privilege of coaching. Are we doing everything we can to please God by being the best people we can be? When we diet, we do God honor, and He will be faithful to honor us in return. If we ignore our bodies, the gift that God gave us, then we show contempt for God, and He will lose respect for us.

Today's thought: Today I will do everything I can to please God!
Old 01-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #191  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍾😷🎉❤️🎊☃️
Old 01-18-2022, 02:47 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 201/197/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! Just a quick check in today- am doing well, on track. Just need to stick to a reasonable dinner and no overindulgence at night. Be happy!
Old 01-18-2022, 02:51 PM   #193  

Good afternoon! Went for a brief power walk and ran errands this morning. Will take a shower in a few minutes. Then, I’ll go for another brief power walk and run errands after that. 😁🍾☃️😷❤️🎊🎉
Old 01-18-2022, 04:46 PM   #194  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all the great chicks here
No WI today
WO was at home

The past 4 days my joints have been sore in my hands, knees and elbows. I really think it has more to do with the foggy damp weather. So I have been working out at home and seeing my weight go up and down.

I now have a note on my bathroom mirror. 1. Don't sweat the small stuff (referring to my daily weight in) and 2. I name three things I am grateful for before leaving the bathroom each morning. It really puts things in perspective for me and keeps me grounded.

I am sorry I haven't been posting daily or personals you are all in my thoughts and prayers Just a lot of hectic no fun stuff going on
Old 01-18-2022, 05:48 PM   #195  

Good evening! My meeting was canceled again this week because of the weather. Went for a brief power walk this afternoon. Also ran errands. Will have supper in a few minutes. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁❤️😷☃️🍾🎊🎉
Closed Thread