Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2022, 08:05 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 170/158/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!
​​​​​​Teri- nice exercise and increasing weights .
Gone Astray- Awesome staying on plan for a month and a half. And 14 lbs gone! Way to go. You do deserve a reward!
Tiia- I totally relate to the night eating. For me it is like I am one person at night and another in the morning. I am not at all over the urges in these 2 weeks, but it seems that they are less. I am hoping by avoiding it, my body will get out of the habit of wanting food at night.
On plan yesteryesterda
​​​​​Momwannabe- 3kgs! Way to go!

I took in 940 cal yesterday, on plan.
DI'd not get enough sleep though.

Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Today I will be cleaning the house. Not sure about a formal workout.

Steps from yesterday: 8,954

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 13

Proverbs 21:21
He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.

Long-distance runners train themselves to think of the finish line. They visualize it just ahead. They say this keeps them from wanting to give up somewhere along the way. The reward of crossing the finish line is worth more than any pain or discomfort on the way. Dieters can learn from this. Instead of dwelling on how hungry we are, or how much we long for rich foods, we should continually think in terms of the rewards that await us at the end. Christians follow Christ with hope of a heavenly reward. Faith means we await something yet to come. Dieting means we live in the hope of trimming down and looking fit.

Today's thought: The reward of our diet is greater than the sacrifice!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:24 AM   #138  

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️🍾☃️🎊🎉😷
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:36 AM   #139  

Default January 2022

Good Morning!

Momwannabe: I think it is so cool that we can communicate with someone halfway around the world. //I really like the food presentations on YouTube. I used to linger over these magazines in the checkout stands at the grocery stores...the ones with the covers with the double message...like a picture of a giant piece of chocolate cake, but also an article about losing 10 lbs in one month...On YouTube, I might get some videos about entrees or desserts in restaurants, but other stuff pops up too, about diet, health, healthy food preparation, ethnic foods, etc... If you can think of something, you may be able to find it in a video...
Zallie: Good for you, being on target!
Tiia: It's good to keep trying. If something doesn't work, try something else.
Gone Astray: Congratulations! Maybe your name should be Got On Tract.

Yesterday, I biked, swam (waterwalking and backstroke), the effexor (5 minutes), and other exercises. I did some stretching on the floor and used the stability ball. I increased my ankle wts. to 5 lbs. Diet was okay. I did have a half a muffin with a tad of ice cream and some more ice cream later. But I did not overdo it.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #140  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will work out in a few minutes. 😁☃️😷🎊❤️🎉🍾
Old 01-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 201/197/165

Height: 5'7"

Teri000: Awesome job on not overdoing it!
Ciecie: Hello!
Diana- I like the daily devotions. Thank you!
I feel a bit lost today, am on track so far with breakfast. Today I am planning my evening to get over some of my problems with night snacking: I am going to have chili for dinner, maybe half a piece of PB toast with it. I can have air popped popcorn for a snack with brewers' yeast and butter flavored spray, and a cup of herbal tea with almond milk while reading. Starting to feel good and in control again!
Tiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #142  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands late this morning/early this afternoon. Will go for another power walk later on this afternoon. 😁☃️😷🍾❤️🎊🎉
Old 01-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #143  
Just 3 a month

S/C/G: 200/157.2/120

Height: 5'

Welcome, momwannabe, I'm new here and happy to see this long-time community. 3 kgs down sounds amazing!

Gone Astray, I agree you should call yourself "Got on Track"! I also just a fixed a weight-loss goal -- the same as last year, 3 pounds a month -- yes, pitiful I know, but I actually stuck with it and lost 15 by May (before regaining 9 in fall). I lose weight super slowly at the best of times, and right now also take an estrogen blocker that I think makes it harder to lose weight.

Tiia, I feel your pain! Night overeating is my biggest challenge -- more precisely *evening* or pre-dinner overeating. I'm an empty-nester so there's no junk in the house, but I overeat good food anyway. The last time I wrote, I vowed to leave some carrots out so I wouldn't eat bread. That has helped a bit these last two days. I overate carrots : )

Terri, what a GREAT idea about watching food videos. I'm going to see if I find any that turn me off eating!

I missed two days of posting but found that having this community kept my goals at the forefront of my brain. So thank you all. The last two days, I stayed on track exercise-wise by trampoline-bouncing my way to 10,000+ steps. I ate well throughout the day but overate at night. I haven't met my goal to eat less this year, but I think the awareness is working somewhat.

I've heard it takes 21 days to build a new habit. I'm thinking of building in new micro-habits to break out of my pattern of overeating at night. The carrots were the first step, for this week. Then...1) drinking water and tea at 5, and 2) brushing my teeth before I cook.
auntiroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:36 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

What is with the nighttime eating - me too! I did really well this morning and actually managed to fast until about 12:30. But then I seemed to eat enough for 3 people in the afternoon and evening. Including ice cream! So...tomorrow is another day. Will try again.

It's been so hot here. So at least I drank lots of water today.

You really can find anything online. I am trying to learn chess so I can help my 7-year old who wants to play at school. So we watched some You-tube videos today. If anyone knows chess, feel free to save us!!

Hope everyone has had an excellent Friday.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:19 PM   #145  

Good afternoon! Had intended to go to the recycling center but watching A Holiday Affair on TCM instead. Will go next weekend. Will power walk to supper tonight. 😁🎊😷🎉☃️❤️🍾
Old 01-14-2022, 10:52 PM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1450 calories +

Breakfast (250 calories & )
coffee w/cream & sugar
1 protein bar 250 calories

Lunch (500 Calories)
2 protein bars 500 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad @ Moe's w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
no workout, cleaned house

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 01-15-2022, 12:10 AM   #147  

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands on the way home from supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🎊❤️🍾☃️🎉😷
Old 01-15-2022, 07:10 AM   #148  

Default January 2022

Good Morning!

I did my workout yesterday: biking, efflexor, swimming, and other exercises. Diet was okay except for half a mufflin with a few bites of ice cream. I finished my tabbouleh. I am going to make some more. I went grocery shopping and bought mostly healthy stuff, including parsley. A big snow is predicted for Sunday/Monday, so I wanted to get my groceries early. I hope that the weather forecasters are wrong...

Have a good day!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:00 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Please stay safe with the winter storm coming through.

Steps from yesterday: 10,001

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 15

2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou has done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

My grandfather always said to me, 'You plant your field, you have to harvest it.' We made ourselves overweight, and we either have to live with it or work to change it. It is foolishness to overindulge, but that doesn't stop us from doing it. Anyone who is overweight knows well that we have to pay for our foolishness. True wisdom comes from God. When we decide that enough is enough, that it is time to lose weight, we can know God will help us, especially through the toughest times. All we need do is ask. God is looking for ways to help us, but He always waits until His help is invited. Don't hesitate. Call upon the Lord, and He will hear you.

Today's thought: If we turn from our foolishness, God will bless us!
Old 01-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #150  

Good morning! Will have breakfast in a few minutes. 😁☃️😷❤️🎉🎊🍾