Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-25-2021, 12:05 PM   #226  

Good morning again! Yangtzer, love that! Pies await! 🎅🏻❤️😷🤶☃️🌲😁
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:26 PM   #227  

Default December 2021

Happy Holiday! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day with friends and family...

Joe: I get tomato/roasted red pepper soup at TJ's. I get the reduced sodium kind. I used to eat some at a chain restaurant called Italian oven. They used to have tomato bread (like pizza) with a little bit of cheese. That was really good, too.//Yes I like spicy food...but maybe not if it is too hot. But I have heard that cayenne pepper is really good for you along with many other spices...//Congrats on the wt. loss.//Comment on your toon...I wish...

CieCie: What kind of pie are you having? I just had a piece of lemon cream pie...not bad.

Diana: I looked up your resort. Hope you are having fun. I watched some YouTube videos of light displays down your way...a parade in Gatlinburg TN, and a light show at Rock City, GA. Very nice... Are you going to look around Asheville? I don't know what there is to do in Asheville around the holidays..

Rachel: Glad your family time is wonderful...

Gone Astray: What book are you reading...

Nancy: I hope you are feeling much better this next year...

I bike yesterday and did some exercise. Hope to do more today... I only had one slice of pizza. I am not that crazy about spinach pizza... The rest is in the freezer...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:31 PM   #228  

Good afternoon! Teri, I’m having Blueberry Pie this year for sure.🧑‍🎄☃️🌲🎅🏻❤️🤶😷😁
Old 12-26-2021, 12:15 AM   #229  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick shout out to all the wonderful 'chicks' that share your lives with me. Thank you, I feel so blessed.

I have over eaten, over indulged the past few days and you know what? I am ok with that. Time to take care of the fallout in a few days, but for today I am going to be thankful for our Lord, my family and well all those in my life. I try hard to be my best and I am working hard on not being my own worst critic. That will be my focus this coming year. Not how I look on the outside but how to make my inside shine through my outside to make me smile everyday. To help everyday. To give everyday. To be happy everyday.

Sorry having a moment xx
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, amen to all you said . Thank you for that; and you are right!

Well, I guess I could echo what Nancy said! I have over-indulged, but my focus is really on how grateful I am for everyone and everything the Lord has provided in my life, including Himself. I will need to buckle down soon and get back on the program, but I'm not sure if I am ready to do that today. Will try to eat moderately and not be hard on myself.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:05 AM   #231  

Good morning! Nancylmrn, I’m also okay with overindulging once in awhile. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. 🤶😷🧑‍🎄🌲😁🎅🏻❤️☃️
Old 12-26-2021, 10:39 AM   #232  

Default December 2021

Hi!

Happy Holiday! Glad everyone is so happy...
Joe, I think roasted red pepper soup might taste even a little bit better with a small sprinkle of cheese and bacon... or with a slice of tomato bread.

I biked and did exercises yesterday and I biked and did exercises today. I had one slice of pizza and 2+ slices of pie yesterday. I think that I did pretty well. And I had some soup. I ate an egg salad sandwich this am. I am up a half pound, but I think, not bad...I did not purchase much junk food this holiday, in part because I am having car problems that won't be looked after until next year...and I don't want to be stranded far away...

I have been putting a tablespoon of flaxseed in my milk each am. I don't know if I am going to continue. It is supposed to be good for omega 3's. A bag costs maybe $8 or $9 and lasts 45 days... I have been eating other kinds of unsalted nuts.

I finally tried the oat milk. It has a different smell and taste from almond milk, but I think that I could get used to it if I drink it frequently. It is twice as expensive as the almond milk and this version has a lot of fat in it. Maybe I will try a different brand the next time...

HoHoHo! The pie is all gone... ..I did not eat the last piece...
Old 12-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #233  

Good afternoon! Waiting at the airport for my first flight home. Kind of sad to be going home.😢. It was an enjoyable vacation. 😁🎅🏻🌲😷❤️🤶🧑‍🎄☃️
Old 12-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, way to go on your exercise!!!

Ciecie, glad you had such a nice time at your brother's!

Today's Plan: eat moderately, 2 liters water, veggies, vit/min/cal supp., recumbent bike and stretches.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #235  

Default December 2021

Good Morning!

CieCie: How late did you get in? Are you back at work today?

Rachel: Are you still celebrating?

I did some reading about flaxseed. I read that it has a much smaller amount of omega 3's than the oil, but the fiber (in the intestines) absorbs cholesterol, so that it lowers the bad cholesterol and raises the good... Hmmmmm. I did not wash my hair last night and my back (the recipient of soapy water) is less itchy...so maybe it is not a flaxseed allergy...

I have good news. I reached my weight goal for this month. I wish that I had lost another half pound or pound...but I am just happy to be losing. I have had 3 months of successful weight loss. I did have one slice of pizza yesterday.

I biked and did exercises this am. I had cereal with walnuts and oat milk and grapefruit this am. I am still feeling really hungry...Maybe I should get into drinking coffee or tea...
Old 12-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #236  

Good morning! Both of my flights were pleasant, uneventful and on time. My second flight was 20 minutes ahead of schedule due to a great tail wind in Chicago! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁☃️😷🎅🏻🤶🌲🧑‍🎄❤️
Old 12-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #237  

Good morning again! Teri, I was home between 10:00 and 10:30 last night. I don’t have to go to work until Thursday! Called my sister and brother to let them know I was home. Sent my brother a message via Facebook Messenger telling him about my first flight. First I’m telling you that my brother is A HUGE BUFFALO BILLS FAN! I was having difficulty getting my carry on in the overhead bin. A man asked me if I would like some help with my carry on. I said yes. I noticed his ball cap and said “Let’s hope for a win “. The young man, his wife and young son were visiting his in-laws for Christmas. 😁🧑‍🎄🌲❤️🎅🏻☃️🤶
Old 12-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #238  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I'm back home!

I will weigh in on Jan 1 and move on from there.

Ciecie Welcome back home!

Teri Great job on the weight loss! We didn't look around the area. I am very familiar with the area as we have been going there for 30+ year. I have had dinner at the restaurant at the resort but not stayed there. We did a lot of walking there. My friend had never been to the area before but we really didn't have much time. All we did outside the resort was to do some shopping that I knew she would like. My DH and I have been to the Biltmore several times. I knew my friends DH wouldn't pay to go into Biltmore so we didn't even bring that up.

Nancy I'm right there with you! I also want to focus on the positive.

Steps from 12/24: 13,420
Steps from 12/25: 10,449
Steps from 12/26: 8,499

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 27

Revelations 2:17
'He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.'

Donna thanked God for giving her a whole new life. Losing the weight had only been part of it. Donna had fervently prayed for transformation, but she never bargained for all that God would do for her. Her attitude was transformed from one of doom to one of hope. Her appearance was transformed from one of dumpiness to one of beauty. Her emotional stability had been transformed from one of teetering on the brink to solid rock. She couldn't believe it, but she was a totally different person than she had been a year before. The God of miracles and life had certainly worked in Donna's life. He's available to work in ours, also.

Today's thought: With God's help I will lose weight, lose hate, and lose my desire to denigrate!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #239  

Hi all! Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🎅🏻🤶❤️😷🧑‍🎄☃️🌲
Old 12-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #240  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I hope you are slightly recovered from the holiday???
Today I have started to reflect on the upcoming year. I made some weight loss strides in a positive way but the way I got there was not at all positive (the ongoing side effects). Now that the offensive prescription drugs have left my system my appetite has come back with a vengeance.
I have gained a few of those pounds back, however I know what I need to do. So.....

1. I have to take more of an active part/role in my journey. Not just go through the motions.
2. I let the progress slide beginning in September and watched it start to spiral out of control through December, so now it is time to take baby steps to reclaim myself
3. Thinking back I can see my triggers, so baby steps to avoid them the best I can.
4. When I slip, I will not beat myself up about it. Accept it and move forward
5. Put app back on the phone for daily accountability or at least so I can monitor moods and triggers
6. Be honest with myself

So I ordered a new fitbit and it will arrive after the Jan 3rd which is fine. It is part of my 'be kind to yourself' with a new toy/tool to stay on track.

Teri000 I did not know you were having issues with your skin and itching. Have you considered using fragrance free soaps? Or pure Castile soap? I have sensitive skins and I have been making my own soap (solid and liquid) for years and that ended all those itchy days for me. If you want I can walk you through how easy it is to make your own.

ciecie I am so glad you had a great time visiting family and you got home safely

Rachel1234 Diana3271 yangtzer It sounds as if you all had a great Christmas!

We are snowed in right now which is super odd for us. Currently there is a foot of snow on the ground and the temp's hovering around 18 degrees. The bad part is it is too deep for my low car to even get out on our street. There won't be any plows or sand in my area. We did manage to get DH truck out yesterday and go to the store (and a pizza). But this will not be going away anytime soon. Our temps will stay below freezing all week with maybe above by Saturday

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote