Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 01:40 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#418

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 09-28-2003, 01:56 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey guys....

I saw we were getting ready for a new thread....and since I started the last one, I thought...."Shoot, I'll just be a thread hog and start a new one!"

This is going to be a fairly short one because it is actually almost 2:00am in the morning and this is one of the days that I *promised* myself I would exercise and I haven't yet. I will not break that promise, so me and Leslie Sansone are about to have a date!

I hope you all are having a great weekend and I will be back sometime tomorrow. I am blissfully off for 2 days and I am thrilled!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:14 AM   #3  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Angry Good Morning

Hello friends
Thank you for the HUGGS, Prayers, and kind words. It really helps to know that others care.
I just need to let you know why else this tragedy touched me so much. My son was also in a car rollover accident last year in November, and it was Johnny's mom who called us and told us, she was worried for him because of the condition he was in when he had left her house, (about 1 AM) so she wanted to make sure he got home ok. We waited for 15 minutes and he wasn't back so we went to look for him and as we went over the highway bridge we saw a car turned upside down off the eastside of the road. There was an ambulance, fire truck and police already there. My husband said it was his car but I wasn't sure, so he got out to go ask. I was frozen with fear that it could be my son and thought only of the worse. My husband came back and told me it was him and that he was in the ambulance and that he was ok and conscience, my heart was so relived. We went and talked to him and then followed them to the hospital where he was later released.
So you see, twice GOD had saved my son. Now if he could just see that and do whatever GOD has intended for him.
Ok, I didn't mean to keep bringing this stuff here but like I said I just needed to talk.

As for weight loss, I haven't gone anywhere, I mean I do walk and try to stay within points but last night when my family and I were invited to dinner which was buffet style, I just couldn't control myself. It was like "eat more before it all gone", so I had seconds of refried beans and green chili chicken. Plus 3 cookies, it was like I felt "I had to taste these 3 flavors" although I've had them before. So now I am paying for it, I have much water retention and my scale and rings tell me this. My only solution is to drink my water and walk longer today and be more strict with my eating.
One more thing TINA I love your picture avatar, you are beautiful. When peope smile it gives others warmth and shows your inner beauty.
You all have a great day, I'll check on you all lighter.

Last edited by joe anne; 09-28-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
Stopping in for my usual morning check on everyone! I'll only be here for a minute - heading to the gym, tanning and then some shopping. I found two new dresses for the cruise - need to find some cute shoes.

Tina - Love your new picture!!! Exercising at 2am??? Now that is commitment! Good Job!

Later gators!
Barb
Old 09-28-2003, 09:42 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning ladies
It is beautiful here this morning about 55 and sunny.We slept with the windows open last night.

Barbpa good to chat with you last night and Syn too. Saandy sorry you had to go so quick. I did eat two cookies and skim milk.
Like I said I am going to check out the new fitness center tomorrow after work.

Hope all of you have a great day. I have to shop for food today.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:57 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone... I am finally back.
Man did I have a LOT of catching up to read.

I guess I missed all the drama while I was gone. I think some of it had been deleted already. I DO NOT want to get it started in here again but would someone send me a Private Message with what exactly her confession was for. Was anything real ... or was just her love life a lie?? I hate missing out. LOL

My vacation was very mixed... some good, some not so good.
At times I had a wonderful time and others I thought my husband and I would be divorced when this vacation is over. LOL Sometimes I wonder how on earth we have stayed together for 36+ years. Fortunately... we survived it all. (I think) LOL

There are sooooooo many threads that I missed I am not going to try and reply to everyone.... but I do have a few.

Joanne ... I want to send my love and prayers. Death is bad enough for the old.. but the young is soooo devasting. I am glad your family is still safe. {{{ HUGS}}}

Jen... it wasn't ME who backed into your car... Promise !! I hold the record in that department but not this time.

Sandy... I was a girl scout leader for 5 years. Two years brownies and three years juniors. I was a darn good one too. I almost went on into cadets too but changed my mind. I really feel like a made difference in those girls lives. I could write forever on this topic. LOL I'll do you a favor and not. LOL .. I really enjoyed it and worked very hard at it. I wish I could find a "Paying job" that I had that kind of passion for. LOL

Tina.. thanks for missing me. I can always count of you.
Do not worry about not getting to see your neice... your brother sounds like he will try to manipulate you all he can... but when that fails... he will still be calling you to do him favors and one of those favors will be babysitting.
I also want to send you {{ HUGS }} concerning your childhood at home. Unfortunately that is more common than anyone can imagine.
And last but not least... LOVE THE NEW PICTURE

Pam... I cannot thank you enough for all of your great posts. I got soooo inspired reading them. They are just a joy to read. Thank you (that doesn't mean you can't write downers now and then too) LOL

Natalie... I know I sent you and early birthday wish several weeks ago... but now I am sending you a late one. LOL Happy Birthday !!

J-ann... I have not seen Dr Phils show about weight loss but I have to ask... which woman do you look like ?? AND did he pick her ???

Thin... thank you and Pam for missing me too. LOL
Having withdraws was so sweet.

I want to welcome Keni and all newcomers .... and tell all the rest of the oldtimers I missed everyone.
Michelle, Mary, Andria, Amanda, Connie, Terri, Barb, Melissa, Duckie, Kat, Steph. Deon, Syn, and Tracy .... I read all of your posts and loved each and every one... but just can't go back and reread everything. It took me HOURS and hours to read it all the first time. Hopefully I will be able to keep up now.

Okay.. hubby wants to go do something.. it is his last day of vacation... tomorrow back to work.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:20 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Smile Welcome back, 2cute!

We missed you!
Old 09-28-2003, 11:44 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Oh yeah...one more thing...LOVE THAT PICTURE, TINA!

I really have lots more to say, but no time to say it in...be back later!
Old 09-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Its a beautiful sunny Sunday; however a north wind blowing so its a bit chilly.

I'm still trying to recover from being gone last week. Work on Thursday and Friday was non-stop meetings. I have to be ready for a big presentation on Monday afternoon to discuss "performance management" to the department. I'll be glad when its done.

Yesterday was a family reunion for DH's side of the family. We had it out at a local lake; which was a good idea back in July when we made the reservations. There was such a wind coming off the lake that it was difficult to enjoy. Lots of food which I did not totally stay away from. I felt like crap when we got home so I'm not sure if it was being out in the wind or DH is passing his cold on to me.

DH and I skipped church this morning (bad, bad Christians) because we both slept past 9 am. We've made a plan for the week foodwise and went to the store to stock up on the good stuff. I bought some of the Tyson, precooked grilled chicken strips. DH cut up a red pepper and part of an onion and sauteed the whole thing for my lunch. I added a few dollops of FF sour cream and had fajitas without the tortillas. It was really pretty good for a quick lunch.

This afternoon I'm working on a mountain of laundry and bill paperwork. I'll have to wrestle up some enthusiasm for exercise later on.

I did go to WW WI yesterday. I was up 1.4 lb. I should have gone to WI before I left town. Oh well, I did enjoy good food while gone but its partly not drinking enough water while I was gone and PMS. I agree with Kat (I think!) that sometimes PMS lasts longer. I'm getting back on South Beach and better planning. I only have a few weeks before my trip to NYC and I want to be down closer to 240 than I am now. Lots of hard work and focus will be needed.

2Cute - Good to see you back from vacation. Hope you had a good time.

Kat - How's the bike riding going? I wanted to get out this afternoon but that north wind may be too strong and cold.

Tina - Love your new pic. Good grief, exercising at 2 am! That is commitment! You must be a night owl to be up.

Barb - We're Survivor fans too. They should have voted out the whiner. I found three pairs of cute shoes at Kohl's. Shopping for the cruise - wow that's getting close isn't it? My SGD now works at Fashion Bug and she said she gets a 40% discount at Lane Bryant too. I'll have to take her shopping for our trip to NYC.

Joeanne - to you and your family. So tragic and sad for someone so young. You'll be in our prayers.

I need to get focused on the paperwork or else I'll be here all night. Hello to everyone and hope you're doing well and having a great Sunday.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #10  

Tina: I love the new pic!!! I like it better than the last one. You are so pretty and take such nice pictures. Look forward to reading your next long post. Tomorrow is your Weigh in isn't it? Or did you change days? Let us know.

2Cute: Nice to see you made it back safe and sound. I did go to the web site you posted, the hotel place you were going to for 4 days I think you said. It looked wonderful. Did you have one of those huge tubs in your room? I would just love to soak away in that.

Terri: Your lunch sounds YUMMY!!! Hope you got all your paper work done and are enjoying the rest of your Sunday.

Kat: Waiting for you to come back and post whatever it is you said you still had to say but no time.

Mary: It was nice seeing you in chat even if it was just for a few minutes. Are we chatting on Sundays too, or did we leave it at Wed. and Sat?

Barb: Sounds like a day planned for yourself. Hope you had fun. Did you get anything else for the cruise?

Joanne: I agree, your son and family are truely blessed to be saved twice. God must have a greater plan for him.

Okay I got to run, just had a call come in on the callwave that I have to return.....and it is so cute, I will tell ya about it later.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 09-28-2003, 06:44 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm having one of THOSE days. I woke up excited because I slept really well last night. 7.5 hours! I was following Tina's lead and took a long, hot, scented bath the night before. It relaxed me well enough to sleep. Waking up refreshed was about the only good thing to have happened so far today, and I'm feeling whiny!
I had the lesson in church this morning, or so I thought. Turns out they had an alternate lesson planned and no one thought to call me. So, I had spent several hours preparing and didn't have anyone to share with. I was pretty bummed because I actually enjoy giving the lessons. My little one was being kind of a monster about staying, so we ditched the last part and came home. As soon as I arrived the phone rang, and it was someone from Sears asking why we hadn't paid our bill. I told the woman my husband had paid it last week, and she got pretty snotty with me. She insisted I come in today and pay it, and I told her I would be doing it Monday. Then she hung up on me!
I was furious with DH because I thought he had lied to me about paying the bill, and since this sort of thing has happened in the past, I kind of went off the deep end. I was ready to pack him a bag, meet him at the door (he was at his part-time job) and tell him to come back when he had a clue about life. I was definitely having a straw that broke the camel's back kind of moment.
I called a trusted friend and we talked it out. Yes, I made sure to call someone who loves us both and has known us for about 20 years. I knew she would listen and give fair advice.
DH arrived home in the middle of this, and after I blew off enough steam with my friend that I could actually talk to him like a reasonable human being, he explained that he did pay the bill and didn't know what this woman was talking about. He showed me the checkbook, but frankly, he has written them out before and just torn them out so I wouldn't catch him in his lie. I asked him to get me the receipt, and he is out looking for it right now.
Chicks, I just don't have energy to deal with this on top of everything else. I honestly care about my husband, but I can't help thinking life might be better without the rest of the nonsense, and without having to second guess whether he is being honest with me or not. He is a really good man. He is a wonderful father. But part of me is wondering how long I have put up with his little lies and nonsense because he enables me in being fat. He makes it easy to be fat, and I let him.
I just typed out that last sentence, and it feels like I'm about to break through something big. My brain is just buzzing. I've done an awful lot of venting here and not nearly so much of the replying and support as I should, but bear with me on this one more, ok? Wow, I can't describe how I feel this exact moment. It is kind of like that huge lightbulb going off in my brain, but I don't know where to go with it. He makes it easy to be fat, and I let him... I'm going to get off here and see what happens. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with baseball bats and beatdowns.

Andria

P.S. Oh yeah, in that aha moment, I forgot the other frustrating thing that happened. DH and I took off for a drive to talk things out, and I got a flat. Got to laugh sometimes so you don't cry.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:22 PM   #12  

Andria {{{hugs}}}to you. You sure did have a rough sounding day. Hope all is better now. You just have to lay down the law with DH and tell him not to bring you any sweets home and not to offer to go out and stuff like that. Good luck.

Okay on to the news of my phone call. A Lady that owns a house across the water from our shore property has taken pictures over the summer of the boys (Evan and my nephew Nik) lobstering. Well one day Evan had a friend with him and they got this huge Lobster in their trap and she came down and took pictures and wants to send the boys copies, and she wants to call the local paper (remember small town) and have them do an article on it and the boys tales of their summer lobstering. I thought it would be cute, and will let you all know if my boy gets his 15 minutes of fame. . I will of course play the proud mommy part you know. As soon as she sends the pictures I will scan it and post it for you all to see this huge lobster too.

Tomorrow is WI (not Wisconsin) for me, I know that scale is down cause I'm one of the addicts of the scale you know, but it will be interesting to see how much, the scale is always up and down depending on the water you drink and stuff, but I will take what ever it gives me.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Nighty Night,
Sandy
Old 09-28-2003, 10:05 PM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Feeling much better now. It is amazing how much better you can feel about your relationship with someone once you realize something you are blaming them for is actually your own darn responsibility.

Was wandering around the web and found a link on MSN to an article titled Veggie Hater's Guide to Vegetables. I'm actually a veggie lover, but there were some terrific ideas in here. Thought I'd post them up.

http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feed...03_hateveggies

Veggie Hater's Guide to Vegetables
By Leslie Fink, MS, RD for WeightWatchers.com

Sneaking Those Veggies In

Opt for something au gratin. Cut a slit in a baked potato and fill it with chopped spinach, tomato sauce and shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese; broil or bake until bubbly. Experiment with other fillings.
Onion rings are made from vegetables too! Give ours a try.
Stir shredded carrots into jarred tomato sauce white you heat it up, or chop some fresh tomatoes into marinara sauce. Toss sauteed vegetables (cooked with olive oil or cooking spray and sprinkled with salt and pepper) into an omelet, frittata or scrambled eggs. The smaller you make the pieces, the less you'll know they're there.
Make your famous casserole recipe and toss some veggies in. Peas, diced carrots, chopped broccoli florets, spinach or tomatoes make wonderful additions. Who can taste them in a casserole?
Don't downplay the value of starchier vegetables. They're more caloric than leafy greens, but much heartier. Try a baked sweet potato, some butternut squash soup or a roasted winter vegetable casserole.
Pair sweet, crunchy vegetables with salsa or your favorite dip. Red pepper strips, sugar snap peas and jicama sticks are delicious carriers for hummus, light ranch dressing or our Seven-Layer Mexican Dip.
Toss some roasted vegetables into your lasagna; some broccoli or green beans into your next plate of fusilli.
Don't overlook baking. Experiment with lightened-up recipes for zucchini muffins, carrot bread or sweet potato pancakes.
Make a big pot of vegetable soup, puree it and finish it with skim milk for a creamy touch. Our Cream of Broccoli Soup gets rave reviews.
Experiment with new flavors: Use pureed, cooked cauliflower florets as a dip base. Simply season it up with your favorite condiments, herbs or spices. Or try using boiled and then pureed asparagus spears as a base for guacamole, instead of avocado.
Turn your kids onto vegetables at a young age: Serve them grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters and top pizza with broccoli floret "trees." Give lean hamburgers some personality by using shredded carrots for hair, red pepper strips for mouths and diced cucumbers for eyes and noses.
Finally, avoid repetition. Even a veggie lover will get bored with a nightly side dish of steamed green beans. Mix it up a bit by varying your seasonings and sauces. Robin Vitetta-Miller, MS, nutritionist and food writer, suggests four ethnic ways to flavor your string beans: Thai - sauté in peanut oil, add a squeeze of lime juice and top with chopped peanuts.Chinese - sauté in sesame oil and top with toasted sesame seeds. Greek - sauté in olive oil and top with crumbled feta cheese. Italian - sauté in olive oil with diced tomatoes and dried oregano.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #14  

Hello everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I just wanted to pop-in and say hi before you forgot about me!
I'll be back tomorrow morning!
Old 09-29-2003, 09:35 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hey! We were WAY down at the bottom of the board...where IS everyone?

I've already been out walking this morning...took the doggie out around 6:30, and we walked for 45 minutes. Feels good to have the exercise over and done with already. That's not it for today though...I told dh that we're going to hit one of the local parks for a hike today. He's going camping in October with the scouts...they're going to Gettysburg and there will be two LONG hikes; a 6 mile and a 9 miler!! I thought that he should start conditioning for them ahead of time...I don't need a phone call telling me he had a heart attack up on Little Round Top! Anyway...he agreed to that yesterday...let's see if he's still up for it today! heh heh...

Yesterday's WI (not Wisconsin) was +1.4...I expected this...TOM arrived this morning...next week will be a loss. The weigher was like, "uh oh, you're up this week!" I didn't answer since I knew that I would be, I just shrugged...I think she was expecting all sorts of excuses...which I believe, is WHY the damn lines move so SLOWLY because half the people are making their excuses to the weighers....I hear them! I'm hearby making a public service announcement: STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Just accept the number...you know why it's up or down...and if you don't, just accept it, IT IS WHAT IT IS!! Now get moving, so I'm not in line for 20 minutes!

Of course I don't mean YOU guys...it's everyone else!

Andria...thanks for the veggie tips! I have no problem eating them, but they'll come in handy sneaking the vegs in for the family! BTW...that's for sharing your AHA! moment!

Sandy, how cool for your son! I can't wait to see the picture!

Terri, welcome back! +1.4...not bad for being away! Sounds like you're right back on track!

For Motivation Monday, I found this...I think it applies to what we are all doing here...

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread