3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   21-DAY CHALLENGE #5 -- Please join us!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/32364-21-day-challenge-5-please-join-us.html)

friendsforfitness 09-29-2003 09:29 PM

Hi everyone!
Day 19 was a success!

MNJ- Good job on breakfast girlie!!!You are so right about how quickly the challenge moves after the halfway point. Sometimes I feel like I can barely keep up. At first it was very slow for me too. Just think before ya know it you'll be half way too!
Photogirl, you're just blasting each day right outta da water! Good for you!

Thanks to everyone for all the support and motivation, if it wasn't for this thread, I never woulda stuck to it and now I don't even feel like the water is so much of a challenge, so I basically accomplished what I had set out to do.

Good night and good luck to all,
Lisa

redballoon 09-30-2003 02:50 AM

Back on track!! Same old, same old -- NO SUGAR!! Hurrah!!

ALL, I'm here with you but too busy to write. Will catch up soon, I hope! I am back off sugar, thank God. It's my Day 2. I've stopped having fun, friendsforfitness!! :lol:

Southern Butterfly 09-30-2003 10:57 AM

Goodmorning everyone. Made it through day 6.

friendsforfitness - you're on your last two days!! That seems like a million years for me, but with all of you for support, I know I can make it!

M.N.J. - PB&J sounds sooo good. I never think about that for breakfast. Good luck in school.

PhotogirlTX - great job on all of the exercise. You make me want to get out there and get my but moving!!!

OK, I really need to get my work done.

PhotogirlTX 09-30-2003 11:54 AM

I've had a frustating day, with the scale, the tight clothes, and my girls. I won't go into it all, I am starting to feel better, but this is one of those days that I am glad I commited to this challenge. This is what is going to get me through the day and not stress eat on bad stuff, especially chocolate.

I have already done my pilates this morning. Will do my cardio later this afternoon and evening. I am resolved not to eat bad, but to stay on track today. So I consider today, day 13 a success.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new month, and I am recommitting myself to have a GREAT OCTOBER.

Butterfly.. congrats on Day 6... you are doing great! And the exercise is making me feel better. I feel stronger and fit. I can see some toning taking place, and I know with every cardio session, I am burning off just a little bit more of fat so soon my muscles will be showing through! I just have to take it step by step.. literally.

Redballoon.. welcome back to the challenge!!!! Good for you about saying no to the sugar. You will feel so much better!!!!

Lisa.. WTG on Day 19... you are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!

I hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday.... Mine is slowly getting better, and my frame of mind is getting better as well.

Hugs,

Cherie

friendsforfitness 09-30-2003 05:58 PM

Tremendous Tuesday to everyone!

Southernbutterfly- Hang in there girl, you're storming right along yourself and after that halfway point it goes by much quicker for some odd reason. :p

Cherie- i hope your spirits are up by now. It's tough when it seems as though everything is frumpy. It will soon pass and you'll be back to your ole' self again. :grouphug: We still love ya though!

Day 20 has been a success, I think I'm in shock. :hyper:

Have a great and peaceful evening,
Lisa

redballoon 09-30-2003 07:23 PM

cutting the emotion

OK, people. I'm back. Sorry for being away so long but I see you're doing well and keeping the thread going no problem. I hope you're all real proud of yourselves! :smug:

friendsforfitness, :bravo: for you. You have almost done it! That is so great! :spin: I remember when you first started out and it was so hard for you. Well, look at you now! A veteran challenger!

Photogirl, thanks for the welcome back. You are right. I feel so much better without sugar. I got off track there because of my upcoming trip to the States. I don't think I want to have this conflict of having said I won't eat sugar while I'm there and yet it's too far away not to start another challenge. So I was hesitating to start. But, it's ridiculous. I really don't feel I can, at this point, eat sugar in moderation. I think I really am like an alcoholic with it. I have to say no to it totally. I don't know. It may be a chemical reaction in my body but once I start I want more and more. It's not normal. So, I've decided to keep to the challenge at least for now and when I'm on the trip, see how things go.

Well, Cherie, I know how tough things can be. But you are showing tremendous resolve. It's very inspiring and impressive. I am the same way when it comes to losing weight. I can work out and work out and eat well but the change is so slow. I get extremely jealous when I hear of people losing the weight easily. And I know we're all different and all that but it still makes me angry and irritated and I want to get angry and rant and rant and rant. I think you're in the same boat.

So I was thinking about this and I'm going to try to look at it another way. Maybe it'll help you. Right now, we're focusing on the things that come hardest for us. Like I was saying, with the sugar with me, I feel like some in idiot, some freak, that I can't/don't want to stop at just a little bit. I have to gorge on it, literally. And the losing fat, it being so hard. But here we are, focusing on the things that come hard for us and feeling frustrated. Other people have problem with things that come super easily for me, learning foreign languages, packing on muscle with weight training and other things. Foreigners here always ask me how I learned the Chinese characters in Japanese and I remember to one guy, I just said, well, I read alot and if I come across a new character I remember it and so it's important to keep reading and the characters you know will just accumulate and before you know it you'll have quite a vocabulary.

Well, he just looked at me and shook his head and said, "Yeah, YOU can see a character once and remember it but most people see it over and over again and can't remember it." And (now I sound stupid here) but for me that was the first time it really hit home about how hard it is for some people. Until then I was thinking they just didn't bother to read and study. Losing fat for us types is like this difficulty with learning is for others. And people who lose easily is like learning foreign languages is for me. Now, it's not THAT easy. Learning still requires lots of work but it's not I guess as hard as it is for some people.

But what can I say to those people who see a word over and over again and can't get it into their heads? Well, probably, other than, don't give up, which sounds pretty lame, I guess I would say that they just have to relax about it. Try to get the emotion out of the equation, the expectations, the constantly linking the effort to the result with so much hope. Just relax and keep doing what you're doing. You WILL see results. But maybe just realize that you're going to have to always maintain the effort, always, even once you see the results. So you may as well start thinking of things as lifestyle changes, forever and just do them.

OK, I've got to run, Southern Butterfly, Hurrah for getting through to Day 6! :cp:

M.N.J., :bravo: for Day 7. Has your daughter been after you to eat again? Everyone else on the challenge who I've missed, keep at it and check in with us.

And, all, thanks for being here!! :dance:

jackieO 09-30-2003 07:41 PM

I want in on the challenge, even though I am quite late....Plus, th emain reason is because I miss Red Balloon's inspiration and motivation.
I am counting today as day 4 of my challenge. I have exercised for the past 3 days and my eating has been perfect. I am moving up on weights and increasing my time and endurance on cardio. I am drinking my water everyday and sugar continues not to be part of my life...one day at a time. Will check in tommorrow with my progress. (I am optimistic this time!)

redballoon 09-30-2003 08:50 PM

Oh, jackieO, what a sweetie you are! :love: Actually, I haven't been much help to anyone for the past week or so because I've been out of the loop just TOO busy and other things. . . like pigging out on sugar. But I'm back! Of course you can jump in. Ok, you're IN! Good luck! :cb: There is no starting date with these challenges. Everyone is on different numbers. If you slip up, you go back to No. 1 and start counting over. What's your challenge again? Let us know!

xDas7x 09-30-2003 08:53 PM

IM BAACCkk *waves* DAY 1

hi all.. i know i seem to dissapear from time to time on this forum.. but I AM HERE!!!!! Yes, I am still alive and kicking! I weighed myself the otherday and now I'm 200lbs on the button.. Ive lost 15lbs total since 7/28 and im feelin so good right now!! IM ALMOST TO THAT MAGICAL PLACE CALLED ONEDERLAND! I keep psyching myself up cause once i hit 199 ill only have.... a little over 60lbs to lose to reach my goal. now, if im only losing roughly 7lbs a month i know it will take A LOT of time.. and i hate it cause time seems to be my enemy. I never seem to have time to work out.. its hard to squeeze it in between classes and work, but Im going to try to hit the gym at college for at least 30mins after classes..

ANyway I completed the 21 day challenge.. i tacked on a few xtra days to sort of make up for what i missed....

NOW im starting my new 21-day challenge
1. 20 sit ups
2. 5 pushups
3. try to work out 1-3 days a week at gym for 30mins.
4. work out for an hour at home when i can.
5. increase water intake
6. try to decrease foods high in carbs

alright!
good luck to everyone!!!!

redballoon 09-30-2003 09:03 PM

xDas7x, Welcome back! :wave: We all need breaks sometimes. But it's getting back on the road that matters. I'm so glad to hear you're near breaking into the 100s. That'll be a major psychological boost for you when you do. That's a complicated challenge you've taken upon yourself there. Yes, time is hard to make at times. But remember, every little bit helps so don't think you have to do it in a gym. Stair climbing, walking, things as you go through the day. I always try to incorporate movement in with my work and it makes a difference. It really does. Good luck to you and keep us posted! :dancer:

Marti 09-30-2003 09:06 PM

Looky here, day 8!

Hello everyone!

Day 8 here and I'm doing alright. I got up this morning and I ate another PB&J, and it really felt like it stuck to my mouth at first. Then I started enjoying it. And.... later, after a couple hours of being in class,,, I was soo glad that I ate! I was starting to feel a little hungry, and if I hadn't of eaten anything this morning... I would have been cranky!!

So I am quite pleased with myself for setting up this challenge. Other wise I would be going to school without any food in my belly and I would be miserable. And with the one week thread... excercising at night, really pulls it all in for me. I love how I'm feeling and how I'm actually doing something and how I'm staying motivated. My weight may not be changing much, but the feelings of myself are changing and that makes SUCH a difference for me!

And that is why I want to thank EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU for being so supportive and helping me stay motivated. If it's making a difference in me, then it has to be making a difference for a lot people and that is a wonderful thing. So I am sending a huge thank you and a hug from me to all of you!!:grouphug: Thanks ladies.

Marti

me again.. adding a little editing here. I had James take a photo of me today..... so here is my "during" picture.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james

redballoon 09-30-2003 11:53 PM

great pic

MNJ, I love your picture! Your new hairstyle is so cute and really suits you. You look a lot younger too and the weight loss is really noticeable! Good for you! :cp: Glad to hear eating breakfast is becoming less of a chore. It's so important to give your body premium fuel to run on.

Who's the adorable little dog behind you? That's not Cocoa, is it?

Marti 10-01-2003 01:49 AM

The little boy is Chewy. And he's smaller than cocoa. We don't think Cocoa may be purbred, but we love her anyway. She needs to be on a diet with me:lol: ... she weighs almost 19lbs.!!

I need to hit the hay!!

GoodNight
Marti

redballoon 10-01-2003 05:47 AM

almost through Day 3!

Well, I'm almost through Wednesday here, which was my Day 3. Gosh, it seems like I've been off sugar for a long time again and it's only three days. I've been so tired these days and I think it's because of the 4-day sugar binge I did. Never again! :nono:

MNJ, Chewy is it? Well, he sure is cute. Looked like he wanted to have his picture taken along with you. :)

friendsforfitness 10-01-2003 07:50 AM

Morning to all!
MNJ - HOLY KNOCKOUT! Great Picture! You are so beautiful, what a great smile.You are so sweet! You haave to know what great motivation and support you are to all of us as well!

Glad to see xxdas7 baxk too, wow you're really socking it to yourself, all those challenges at one time. You go!

Welcome Jackieo, any friend of red's is a friend of mine! :D

Chat with ya's later!

Lisa