Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #76  

Default MAY 2021

Hi!

Rachel: My family says no to cat walks, too...but they sure looks fun for cats...

I filled 3 bushels with weeds yesterday. I am glad that I did something. It was cool, but very nice. Today, it is rainy, so I probably won't get out. No biking. I have to bike one more time this week.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:58 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

I went to Chinese buffet for lunch with friends today, but didn't over do it. I'll skip dinner since my calories quota been reached.lol
Old 05-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #78  

Good evening! Power of errands before I punched in at work. Power walked and ran errands to and on my way home from supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 🍀😷❤️😁
Old 05-07-2021, 11:55 PM   #79  

Default MAY 2021

Hi!

No gardening today, but I biked/wt. lifted tonight.

Have a great weekend.

R
Old 05-08-2021, 03:58 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

I took in 2060 calories yesterday. That's too much for me. I just didn't make good choices. Did not meet my exercise goals either. Hope to make better choices today and to be more diligent.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calx2/vit/min supp., squats, sit-ups, leg press and leg curls for weights.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:19 AM   #81  

S/C/G: CharlesMup

Close the Kitchen at Night. Establish a time when you will stop eating so won't give in to the late-night munchies or mindless snacking while watching television. "Have a cup of tea, suck on a piece of hard candy or enjoy a sm bowl of light ice cream or frozen yogurt if you want something sweet after dinner, but then brush your teeth so you will be less likely to eat or drink anything else," suggests Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, WebMD's "Recipe Doctor and the author of Comfort Food Makeovers.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #82  

Choose Liquid Calories Wisely.

Sweetened drinks pile on the calories, but don't reduce hunger as solid foods do. Satisfy your thirst with water, sparkling water with citrus, skim or low-fat milk, or small portions of 100% fruit juice. Try a glass of nutritious and low-calorie vegetable juice to hold you over if you get hungry between meals. Be careful of alcohol calories, which add up quickly. If you tend to drink a glass or two of wine or a cocktail on most days, limiting alcohol to the weekends can be a huge calorie saver.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #83  

Eat More Produce. Eating lots of low-calorie, high-volume fruits and vegetables crowds out other foods that are higher in fat and calories. Move the meat off the center of your plate and pile on the vegetables. Or try starting lunch or dinner with a vegetable salad or bowl of broth-based soup, suggests Barbara Rolls, PhD, author of The Volumetrics Eating Plan. The U.S. government's 2005 Dietary Guidelines suggest that adults get 7-13 cups of produce daily. Ward says that's not really so difficult: "Stock your kitchen with plenty of fruits and vegetables and at every meal and snack, include a few servings," she says. "Your diet will be enriched with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, and if you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you won't jar." be reaching for the cookie
Old 05-08-2021, 07:22 AM   #84  

Hi to all
Old 05-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #85  

Good morning! Welcome to the group priyanka! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 05-08-2021, 09:15 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

I binged again last night most due to bordom.
I ate all the leftover snacks from a friend's visit. Lol
I can't keep junk food at home.
Today I'll probably just have a light meal.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #87  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️
Old 05-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 4,024
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!
  • Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 8

2 Chronicles 20:20
    And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, 'Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.'

Too many people fail in their endeavors because they have no backup system. When their own strength fails, they have nothing to fall back on. We Christians have a special advantage in the person of Jesus Christ. When we call out to Him, He is faithful to save us. When we believe in God, He establishes us and helps us attain the desire of our hearts. We need never doubt, as long as the power of the living Lord is on our side.

Today's thought: All my friends may rely on their own devices, but I will rely on the One who makes all things possible: Jesus Christ the Lord.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 287/255/155

Height: 5'10

Yangtzer - It's a new day today. It's good that you're still posting here and not giving up completely after a binge. Friday nights can be tough.

The scale is up 2 pounds this morning. I know it's because I ate a salty sandwich last night. It was somewhat planned and not a calorie disaster, but it showed on the scale this morning. Yay water weight!! It should go away tomorrow.

I just made a quiche. It's a new recipe that unfortunately needs some tweaking. It will still work as breakfast for the week though. I'm going to the food store in a little bit. Weekend meal prep is in full swing. I also just hired a cleaning person who can help with errands. I figure that for the cost of a dinner out, it will give me some more time and less to worry about. I have a very full time job with a 30-45 min commute each way and it's been tough to fit in the food shopping, meal prep, extra dishwasher runs and exercise. Getting a little extra help 2x per month will potentially be a game changer. I have a smaller space so it won't cost all that much. The girl seemed really nice on the phone. I feel a little weird about potentially being "the type of person who has a housekeeper," but I could use the extra help and am willing to pay for it. I hope it all works out.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #90  

Good afternoon! Went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. Just got back from my second power walk this afternoon. Didn’t go to the recycling center today. Had something else I needed to do. 😁🍀😷❤️
Closed Thread