Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 09:47 AM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

Underworld was ok
Sunday night wwould be fine with me too
Old 09-21-2003, 11:38 AM   #17  

I'm getting just a little frustrated here, I keep hitting something and loosing my posts.

Okay short version....I went to town to the bookstore and bought the Dr. Phil book. I paid cover price which I hate to do, but have heard all good stuff and did not want to drive the 30 someodd miles to Walmart to get it $9.00 cheaper. In the end with gas and whatever else I would have spent I think it's okay. I am so determined this time to loose this weight.

I wish I could remember all I said in the 2 posts I have lost but it would probably be old news now. Hahaha.

Thinking of all of you....

ONE THING I DO REMEMBER IS I THINK I WOULD LIKE SUNDAY NIGHT CHAT BETTER TOO Great idea there Tina....give credit where credit is due.

I'm off to read.....
Sandy
Old 09-21-2003, 04:04 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, ladies! Hope your Sunday is going well. I'm in and out today playing 'showgirl', so I will make this brief. Yeah right!

Keni: You're so right! The caffeine withdrawals are no fun at all. I gave up a real nasty Pepsi habit several years ago and my gosh, I had the most horrible headaches for two weeks. I did put up with them and didn't falter on my cold-turkey method of breaking the habit though, so I consider myself a victor!!!

Kat: What a polite way to say I WILL NOT be seeing you washing my windows anytime soon! Hope your WI (not Wisconsin) went well for you today. There are alot of successes here on the thread lately!

Syn: What a nice granny you are to watch the little ones! I just know your daughter and son-in-law really appreciate that AND the fact that you are now so much closer to them.

Jen: Well I hate to say this, but if you're that far behind on the movie scene, you'll be waiting awhile to get anything good. I didn't like much of anything that was out this summer. I'm looking forward to this fall when it looks like there's some good stuff coming. What a horrible, horrible time you're having! [[[hugs]]] My goodness, I do think you got the message from the powers that be that it's new car time. Just think, hubby will come home and not only will he not recognize his wife, he won't be able to find the car to come home with you in. Sorry, I know it's not funny. Hope it all works out real soon. So glad you've decided to come here instead of to the fridge!!!

Tina: My gosh! A 5 hour bath! No wonder you were "pruney"!!! I guess I'm just jealous. My knees won't allow me to get into a tub or back out of it, so it's showers only for this old girl! I'm glad you're keeping an open mind with the WW leader. I still say you may be really surprised.

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy: Have you not learned yet to highlight your post text and Ctrl C before you hit the POST button? That way it's not lost, even if you think it is. Try it, you'll never lose a post again.

Mary: Well, that was the shortest movie review I've read in a long time! I can tell you were soooooo impressed!

Tracy: I guess I may have missed you posting for info on Bojangles. I will PM you a website that has all kinds of restaurant info.

Well, girls, let's see. I could get together on Sunday nights for chat on occasion. It really depends on what type of a 'showgirl' I need to be on the weekends. Also, I'm sorry to say, depends on what's on TV. I'm very driven by the television set in the winter months.

As for Survivor, I am indeed addicted. And yes, I think the one tribe just ended up with all the dumbies! Geez, from the get-go. Came into town, no plan. Didn't spend all their money, like it was going to do them any good later. Abandoned their floaty thing that "BlackBeard" pirated from. (I say he should have taken the whole floaty thing, they could have used it for sunbathing at their beach later, but hey, he was being nice!

AND they bought a bowl, for goodness sake, to carry water in! Have they not watched other shows and figured out that they have to carry water through forests, up and down hills for long ways? How much water do they think will be in the bowl when they get to the bottom of the hill? Speaking of water, they didn't see WATER on their map???? OMG! I'm sure you'll be sorry someone asked about the idiots on Survivor this season....sorry.

Oh, just one more thing: I'm not sure that "BlackBeard" will make it very far, but he is giving it the old college try. He's a heck of a fisherman, so food's not going to be a problem for that tribe as long as they keep him around. The other guy caught one fish and called it done!

Ok, I'm done. Thank Goodness! they all collectively sigh... I will try and catch up with you all later. Love ya!

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-21-2003 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally posted by thinthinker

Keni: You're so right! The caffeine withdrawals are no fun at all. I gave up a real nasty Pepsi habit several years ago and my gosh, I had the most horrible headaches for two weeks. I did put up with them and didn't falter on my cold-turkey method of breaking the habit though, so I consider myself a victor!!!

Thank you, Thinkthinker for giving me motivation to plug on!

Actually, I'm feeling better today the first time in a week! I can actually see straight! Anyway...I've even developed a taste for decaffinated coffee, now come on, no one actually thought I'd give up coffee altogether, did they?

Oh...and I do have a confession. I sneaked on the scale this morning and down by four pounds. When I get done procrastinating, I'll change the weight in my sig.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:18 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals,
My oh my, I will never be able to catch up on everything so I think I just need to start fresh from here. I have read all the treads I missed while on vacation but I would take me hours to reply to all.

Welcome Newbies --- looking forward to getting to know you!

Congrats to all those who have lost and stayed OP!!!

HUGS to anyone in need of one!

I am so glad we got back from vacation yesterday so it gives me today to relax a little. The bags are unpacked, the laundry is done and it's back to work tomorrow. Our area got hit pretty hard by the storm. Our power apparently went out - no idea when or for how long. There are still people in our area with no power. When we were our driving around we saw many trees and power lines down. The electric company was set up in a parking lot giving out dry ice for people to try to save their frozen food. No damage to our house, just lots of tree limbs down. I just wandered around the yard picking up the big ones.

Well, I was not a happy camper when I stepped on the scale today! While we were on vacation I got tons of exercise - I worked out in the gym one day, swam nearly everyday, and walked miles and miles around theme parks. Even rode a bike for two one day. So, I felt like I was counterbalancing the food. I even made a somewhat concious effort to drink a lot of water and unsweet tea and only had a couple sodas. I had some heathly meals and some not so healthy ones and several desserts!!! So, I came home thinking I may have gained 2-3 pounds. So, I hopped on the scale this morning feeling rather good about myself for it to tell me I gained 6.6 pounds in a week!!!! What the ??? Doesn't it take consuming 3000+ more calories than burned for every pound??? There is no way!!! I have 3 weeks to get this back off before the cruise!!!

I went to the gym today and did 40 minutes of cardio and 25 minutes of nautilus equipment!!!

I am working on posting some more pictures to a website. I'll give you all the link shortly for anyone interested.

Did someone say Survivor??? I love that show. I can honestly say I have never missed one episode!!! Thursday nights are sacred in our house and if I have to be gone I set the VCR!!!! We watched the premiere while on vacation. We ordered in an lounged around the hotel that night! What a bunch of dorks on that one team. They didn't think at all about what they were doing. I have a feeling that with the whole "pirate" theme there may be some competitions that allow one team to raid the other team's camp, so who knows, they may end up doing ok! I love the bearded guy - when I first saw him I thought of "Booger" from "Revenge of the Nerds", but now that you mention it he does remind me of "Hagrid"! Not sure how long he is going to last in the flowered skirt!

They are showing the premiere again tonight. I may flip between that and the Emmy's.

Let me go finish the pictures and I'll post the link for you.

Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 09-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down Vacation Pictures

For those of you that are interested, here is a link to several of our vacation pictures.

Barb's Vacation Pics

Old 09-21-2003, 05:25 PM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

Went to see my mother today it's her birthday. Son went with me and took me out to lunch.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #23  

Smile Ctr + c will save me

Thanks Thin, now to remember that in this blonde head of mine.

Barb: The pic's show you had lots of fun. Where is it your cruising to? I'm sure you have said, but that only brings us back to my memory or more precisely lack there of .

Mary: Hope you had a nice visit with your mom and she had a wonderful Bday. A day with the son too, you lucked out hey.

Keni: When I am being good, which I am trying my hardest to do now and adopt a new lifestyle, I try to avoid Dt. soda at all costs. I might sneak a drink once in a while. But I do still have my cup and a half or two of coffee in the a.m and sometimes I will have one with hubby at night, but we drink the 50/50 stuff.

I finally broke down and bought the Morning Star burgers this time versus the Bocca, figured I would try them. I got the portabella and peppers one, and yummy they are delicious. They say they have a web site with recipes, I guess I will have to check that one out.

I'm still reading Dr. Phil and sofar it makes lots and lots of sense. I will succeed I know I will.

Love ya all,
Sandy
Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #24  

Evening Ladies,

Feel like I am waaaaaaaaaaaay out of the loop. Just been working and trying to hang in and hang on! Really been wanting to eat lately, but I havent....guess I need to journal about all these pent up emotions uh? May share with you later.

You have all been in my thoughts. Take care and I will check in later. Oh by the way, went to chat last night guess it was too early because no one was there.

Nighty nite all
Old 09-21-2003, 10:12 PM   #25  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

Just thought I would stop by and say howdy...

pjkdreamer : I usually feel out of the loop, but it is because I haven't spent enough time on the computer to really get the most out of this forum, I am trying to remedy that...but like everyone else my days are so full. Journaling is supposed to be a real good aid to this whole process, I know this and still don't do it myself....or if I start journaling I don't keep it up

peekabooangel : Have you learned some new tips from Dr. Phil? I never managed to see the whole show he and Katie did on the issue of obesity.

Grannie39074 : I bet you had a fine lunch with your son, that is so cool...

BarbPA: I am so glad to learn your home and property were spared damage from the storm. Your efforts at exercise and watching points will show up as a good loss next week I'll bet!

Keni: WAY TO GO! 4 pounds down!

thinthinker: Hey There! Pespi addiction! I have it bad, but have been on the diet pepsi for a number of years now, I do feel better when I cut back and drink more water...but for some reason can't stay off the carbonation and caffine.... Never watched survivor. I suppose I should at least once so I will have an idea of what people are talking about when they discuss the show.

katerinabgood: WAY TO GO too! 2 pounds off!!

QueenB: Thx for the idea of Melba Toast and cream cheese for a quick meal or a snack...I love my crunchy foods.. if you or anyone else has some real good low point suggestions for salty crunchy low point foods pass them on,

Jehari :Sorry about your car woes, but so proud of you for not give into the temptations of over induldging when things aren't going well, I applaud your good choices...know it isn't always easy! But don't you feel when you know you have beat those demons? Those small victories taste better than the food! WTG!!!

I still am messing with unpacking boxes, and rearranging furniture and nothing is finished yet, but I think I am making some progess. They are going to have to carry me out of here someday, because I never want to move again....It has been about a month and I am still not settled. I decided to have painters do my kitchen and cabinets ..I am not about to be climbing ladders and painting ceilings....Sure do wish I didn't feel that it was lazy of me to not do it myself...These painters have 3 or four guys and the come in and do the work efficently and quickly....much better than me taking a week or two to do it, and hating every minute of it. Now I need someone with decorative skills to show me how to arrange all my stuff!

Well, tomorrow starts a new week...Good luck on staying OP one and all.....
Old 09-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #26  

Good morning ladies!! Of course, while it is morning for me, you are probably sound asleep. Wish I could go back to bed but I have to get my !@#$%^&* car thing taken care of. I took my kiddos to school and am just sitting here sipping my protien shake and thought I'd pop in and say HI!!!

Thin: Thanks for the movie review!! And I thought what you said about my husband not recognizing me or the car was funny. Maybe I should dye the kids' hair too and really mess with him!!

I'll try to get back for more individual replies later. I have to get myself together and get going.

Talk at ya all later,
Jen
Old 09-22-2003, 02:59 AM   #27  

Hello hello hello!!!
Wow! It has been so long since I've been in here, I almost feel like a stranger, but I do still recognize some of you. My summer has just been such a rollercoaster ride and I really really want to get off now. So much has happened and I won't go into detail right now, but my husband is finally done working, he is getting unemployment right now and hopefully soon he will get Social Security. For those of you who don't know the story, this is a good thing. It has been really nice having him home too. I went way off WW and gained back all that I had lost and now my DH and I are doing WW together without the meetings, but he is great support for me. He decided that he needed to lose also. Hey it works for me. Anyway, so far in the last two weeks as far as I can tell on my scale I have lost almost 15lbs. I know that seems far fetched but I triple checked and if you knew what I was eating before we started it would make sense to you too. Just stopping for 24 hrs would make me lose a few. hehe. Anyway, I may be back here, I wont make any promises, the way my life has gone lately, I dont make any promises on anything. But I sure do miss you all and think of you often, just about every time I go online, but never seem to have the time, well things seem to be slowing down now so hopefully I will be able to check in here often. TTFN
Old 09-22-2003, 06:10 AM   #28  

Hello again!

I just wanted to share something real quick.

I took my car down to shop earlier, and instead of getting a ride back, I walked the couple of miles home. I realized how good that felt!! I didn't have any more back pain and I didn't have to stop and rest! I felt like I could walk forever. It just kind of struck me as really cool, cuz I haven't been able to walk like that in ages!!

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 09-22-2003, 08:07 AM   #29  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin Ladies,

Well it’s Monday. I’m back in the office and WI is tonight. Not sure what’s going to happen since I had a few unmet challenges this past week BUT I did meet and defeat a lot of other temptations that I normally would have given in to so all was not lost. So far today OP and happy with myself. I do know if I don’t journal my food I make big mistakes!

JEN: Hope the car doesn’t cost too much more. I hate it when one rotten thing after another seem to pile up. Grrrr! You did remind me that I need to get new wiper blades too. Hope you reach the 100’s this week. My for you.

TINA: Have you unshrivelled yet??

SANDY: Let us know if Dr. Phil has something new to say. I watched the special and didn’t hear anything I haven’t heard/tried before.

KENI: 4 lbs gone! HURRAY!!!!!

TRACY: Breaking the Bojangles chicken habit might be easier than you think. Glue a note to the dashboard of your car that says “This car doesn’t stop at Bojangles’’. Put it right where you can see it all the time. My note says “fast food places” and it works for me. I trade it off for one that says “This car only drives-thru for iced tea …. NOTHING ELSE!!!” B’day cake is harder. I try to “just say no” or have a little, tiny slice. Also since WW lets me plan ahead, if I think I really want a piece I can have it.

THIN: I still haven’t seen the movies I wanted to see two years ago. Maybe, when I lose enough to be comfortable in the seats, I’ll go once in a while. The pointer and I walked a bit on Sat. and Sunday in a State Wildlife Conservation Area. The path I took wandered thru the forest and across open fields. It was lovely.

KAT: Hey, how’d WI go? Did you break 250? You’re doing great!

BARB: Could be some of those vacation lbs. are just water. You’ll get them gone before the cruise. You can do it!! :wink:

DEON: Great start for you and DH. We’re rooting for ya.

HI to everyone I’ve missed. Gotta buckle down and get some work done here.

Back after WI.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:51 AM   #30  

Morning chicklets,
I'm late getting to you this morning. I had to take Evan to school with all his camping gear to go out into the wilderness for the next 4 days. I know he will be fine, but he is only 11 so I worry you know. He has gone to summer camp for 3 years now, so you would think I would be used to it. But at this camp they are in tents only and it is supposed to rain like the dickens tomorrow (poor kids) But being a kid they probably don't mind at all.

On the Dr. Phil subject. I'm reading I'm reading and it sure does make some sense. A lot of it you have heard before but it is put at a new approach that makes a lot of sense. I did highlight this quote in the book because it caught my attention.

"GET UP EACH MORNING, LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR, AND SEE YOURSELF NOT AS SOMEONE WHO IS OVERWEIGHT OR OUT OF SHAPE, BUT AS THE SOMEONE YOU WILL BECOME, A PERSON WITH A GREATER LEVEL OF DIGNITY AND WORTH WHO, FOR PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER, IS FINALLY GOING TO SUCCEED-FOR A LIFETIME."

That is not to say that we don't all have selfworth or dignity now, I think it just means you know how you feel so good when you are op and doing the right things. Well he wants you to feel that way every single waking day.

There are seven keys he says to Permanent weight loss and I have not read the keys yet, it is so hard not to jump ahead in the book to figure it all out, but I am trying to control myself, cause one of the first thing he talked about was the "I WANT IT NOW" factor that we tend to have about weight loss. And, like I have admitted a zillion times I am an "I want it now!!" type of girl.

There are websites and groups popping up everywhere about this book and the WEIGHT LOSS CHANLLANGE. I went to the Dr. Phil homepage and from there I found a group in Maine, that is kind of neat that people are here so close to me working on the same things.

Kat: Did you break the mark????

Tina: I did not get the results of the race other than that is it Newman won? I was actually watching then 2 laps left and I can't remember I had to leave the TV for something. Where did Tony place? Poor man has had a heck of a year. I wish him luck at the next race.

Jen: Bravo~Way to go for the walk....

Deon: Welcome back there chicklet. Still thinking of moving? Glad all is better with you and DH and you are both doing the WW. I am doing it too, and reading up on the Dr. Phil thing. Hope you can make it back here more.

Pam: Hugs to you and just want you to know that I am thinking of you. Keep up your good work.

Well gotta scoot for a bit, but you know I will be back to check in.

Hugs,
Sandy
Closed Thread