3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/321817-january-2021-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 12-31-2020 08:58 PM

January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

ciecie 12-31-2020 11:43 PM

Thanks for starting the first thread of 2021.🍾❤️🤶😁🎅🏻🌲

Rachel1234 01-01-2021 06:28 AM

Happy New Year 2021

Well, here we go with a brand new year! Let's do our best to be our best!

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp, leg weights, sit-ups, stretching.

Plan for the next few months: would like to move to lower end of weight maintenance range and increase exercise.

ciecie 01-01-2021 07:48 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.😁❤️🍾

Diana3271 01-01-2021 07:54 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Friday!

I had a lot of transitions in 2020, I am hoping to be more focused this year.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

I did not count calories, yesterday.
Weigh In: 197.4
Up: 3 pounds (crazy body)
Looking at my weigh in from one year to the next I maintained. My goal was to lose, not maintain. My weight went up and down within a range, but for me to maintain for a year is not a bad thing.

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 1

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

As Christians, we believe that God dwells within us. Our bodies become His home, and it makes sense that we should try to make His surroundings as nice as possible. The temple of God in Israel was kept immaculately clean and pure. Only the most clean and holy of men were allowed to enter it. It was revered by all. The temple was the most holy and special place of all. When we are told that our bodies are the temple of God, it is not an option whether or not we will take care of it; it is a duty. When we care for our physical being, we are making God's temple a holy and special place.

Today's thought: We diet not only for ourselves, but for God!

ciecie 01-01-2021 11:06 AM

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.🍾😁🌲❤️🎅🏻🤶

Usc4valpo 01-01-2021 11:45 AM

Ate way too much snacks food last night and need to rebound. I will do some cardio and steps before going to Walmart for laundry detergent and watch football.

ciecie 01-01-2021 01:26 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Came home and had lunch. Also put a load of laundry in the dryer. Will put another load in the dryer in a few minutes. Will also put another load in the washer. 🍾❤️🎅🏻😁🌲🤶

Usc4valpo 01-01-2021 02:35 PM

Just did 50 min of cardio and strength trying via Body Project video. Now doing treadmill.

ciecie 01-01-2021 07:17 PM

Good evening! No additional power walks for me today. The place I go to for supper on Friday nights and lunch on Sunday afternoons is closed today for the holiday.

Diana3271 01-01-2021 10:03 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1360 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast (300 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
coffee w/cream & sugar
overnight oats made w/oatmeal, spices, chia seeds, siggi's drinkable yogurt 300 calories

Lunch (500 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner (560 Calories)
spaghetti squash 100 calories
meat sauce 200 calories
1/2 vanilla pudding cup w/strawberry and banana slices 100 calories
2 dark chocolate truffles 160 calories

Exercise:
Reps to the Rhythm Retro Cardio Workout 1900 steps in 15 minutes and Classical Stretch Rebalance your Connective Tissue

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 01-01-2021 11:48 PM

Good night all! Will be praying in a few minutes to go to bed.🍾🌲❤️😁🎅🏻🤶

Rachel1234 01-02-2021 06:29 AM

Good morning

I played scrabble yesterday. Did not meet my daily goals. Took in 1600 calories and did not exercise. Will try again today with the same goals. I was not focused.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp., sit-ups, stretching, leg curl weights.

Diana3271 01-02-2021 07:52 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

Today we are taking down the Christmas decorations at church and washing windows. We are getting new blinds for the church.

Calories for yesterday: 1360 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 196.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your weekend!

January 2

1 Peter 1:16
...it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Too often we think that holiness is merely a matter of the spirit. We feel that if we read our Bible, pray regularly, and attend worship, we are being holy. But holiness requires that we tend to our physical health as well as our spiritual health. Early Christians realized that they were more alert and better able to concentrate on God when they felt good. Tending to the body made them better at their spiritual pursuits. Dieting may make us look better, but it will also make us feel better, and it will enable us to pursue God in deeper and more meaningful ways.

Today's thought: We please God when we try to be the best we can be!

ciecie 01-02-2021 08:35 AM

Good morning! 🍾🎅🏻❤️🌲😁🤶

Usc4valpo 01-02-2021 11:36 AM

I set up a new weight loss goal of 185. Last year it was 199. This year I will be more challenged with sustainability.
this hi lady my net gain is 2.5 pounds, and I have exercised and been stressed out with car buying. I need to cut the cals and get back at it.

Larry H 01-02-2021 02:38 PM

Strange Night New Years Eve. I went to sleep without blankets as the bedroom was warm. I woke up about 3 am New Years morning. Coughing, with extreme difficulty breathing (even though I use a CPAP), I had mild to heavy pain in my entire chest area I was covered in sweat, it felt like I was running a high fever and I felt mildly confused, with some minor co-ordination trouble.

My first thought was I must have caught Covid-19 so I grabbed my thermometer to see how high my fever was. I was totally not prepared for the very low 94 degree body temperature reading. Obviously it was not Covid, Instead I had HYPOTHERMIA. Now my bedroom at 73 degrees was certainly not cold enough to cause it. I checked my Blood Pressure and pulse 115/54 pulse 68. My chest pain bothered me so I took a nitro under my tongue. Shortly after taking it my breathing was slightly better and I went back to bed this time covered by several layers of blankets. I slept well and upon awakening I took my temperature. 97.4 which is normal for me.

I looked on line and discovered that 94 degree body temp is considered a medical emergency and I should have called 911. Oh well now I know to call if it happens again.

ciecie 01-02-2021 02:39 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands this afternoon. Came home and had lunch. 🍾🌲❤️🎅🏻😁🤶

Usc4valpo 01-02-2021 05:20 PM

Larry - not sure what a low temperature indicates, but you to find what was going in. Maybe a virus, who knows.

8 mi on the tray I’ll today. Now watching the Fiesta Bowl between Iowa State and the floats.

ciecie 01-02-2021 10:16 PM

Good night all! Power walked to and home from church tonight. Ran errands on the way home.🍾🎅🏻❤️🌲😁🤶

Diana3271 01-02-2021 11:10 PM

Larry That's scary.

Total Approx 1380 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 270 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
Fage yogurt 90 calories
fruit 70 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch ( 510 Calories)
Asian Sesame w/chicken salad w/BHF's ranch 430 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
3 grilled chicken tenderloins 200 calories
rice 200 calories
field peas 100 calories
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 01-02-2021 11:37 PM

Good night all! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.🍾🌲❤️🎅🏻😁🤶

jennyjyan6 01-02-2021 11:46 PM

30 Days Weight Loss Challenge

A good place to start is to check out YouTube Videos by Roberta's Gym, there is very effective and efficient methods that are provided to help you lose weight scientifically and healthy.

ciecie 01-03-2021 07:28 AM

Welcome to the group jennyjan! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.🍾❤️😁🤶🎅🏻🌲

Diana3271 01-03-2021 07:30 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Jenny Welcome to the check-in.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 195.8
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

January 3

1 Thessalonians 4:7

For God hath not called us unto uncleaness, but unto holiness.

When we try to figure out what it means to be holy, we think of many things that we do which we shouldn't. Our minds fill with 'thou shalt nots' and we promise ourselves that we will do better. Our minds should not be so filled by the bad things we have done; we should focus on the good things we can do. Certainly, dieting requires sacrifice, but the benefits involved far outweigh the costs. Our focus must be on what we receive rather than what we must do without. Dieting is not turning from what we shouldn't do. Dieting is doing what God calls us to do.

Today's thought: God will not leave us when we respond to His call!

ciecie 01-03-2021 07:33 AM

Will be a quiet day here.

ciecie 01-03-2021 10:35 AM

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 🍾🌲❤️🎅🏻😁🤶

Teri000 01-03-2021 10:39 AM

January 2021

Hi!

Happy New Year!

Glad you are feeling better Larry. I have gotten "weird colds" the day after paddling a couple of times...and retrospectively wondered if it was hypothermia...

I missed exercising a few days, but I went for a 35-40 minute walk yesterday. I am waiting for a lull in the rain to go for another walk. I have been eating too much.

Rachel1234 01-03-2021 11:31 AM

Good morning

Larry, I hope you will tell your doctor about your experience because since nitro relieved your chest pain, it was most likely a cardiac event. I was a cardiac nurse for years. I hope you don't experience that again.

Usc4valpo, wow, with your new goal, you are going to be one lean machine.

I met my goals for yesterday except took in 1500 calories. Aiming more for 1200-1300.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp., recumbent bike, sit-ups, stretching.

ciecie 01-03-2021 04:18 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked to and home from lunch. Ran errands on the way home. Started on the laundry. 🍾🎅🏻❤️🌲😁🤶

Teri000 01-03-2021 07:09 PM

January 2021

Good Evening!

I just walked. I think that the distance I am walking takes about 35 minutes. It is getting lighter out. No ice cream today.

Diana3271 01-03-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teri000 (Post 5425517)
Good Evening!

I just walked. I think that the distance I am walking takes about 35 minutes. It is getting lighter out. No ice cream today.

Great job!

Diana3271 01-03-2021 09:27 PM

Total Approx 1360 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 270 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
Fage yogurt 90 calories
fruit 70 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch ( 510 Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon, romaine, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, mixed cheese & BHF's ranch 600 calories

Dinner (580 Calories)
Evol chicken enchilada bake 380 calories
spaghetti squash 100 calories
pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
12 MIN Intro Workout | Essentrics and 14 MIN Shoulder Pain & Tension Relief Workout | Essentrics
I wanted to note that I also have a daily step goal of 6000 steps. I don't quite have enough right now. I will do some extra marching/dancing before bed. Yesterday I did over 13,500 and the day before over 10,000. My average for December was almost 9500. Maybe I should post that daily, too, just to keep me motivated.

Have a Blessed evening!

Usc4valpo 01-03-2021 09:32 PM

Rachel - I will give it my best but I need to cut the calories for which I can do better.
19.5k steps today with 60 min cardio.

ciecie 01-03-2021 11:15 PM

Good night all! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. Will be a busy day tomorrow. More demolition of the bathroom. Will also be going to the supermarket or mini market to get The Buffalo News and The Jamestown Post-Journal. Will be sending the articles on The Buffalo Bills-Miami Dolphins Game to my brother. He’s A HUGE BUFFALO BILLS FAN! 🍾🌲❤️🎅🏻😁🤶

Larry H 01-03-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel1234 (Post 5425484)
Larry, I hope you will tell your doctor about your experience because since nitro relieved your chest pain, it was most likely a cardiac event. I was a cardiac nurse for years. I hope you don't experience that again.

Thanks Rachel I am contacting my doctor with all the details when her office opens tomorrow. I am a member of the zipper club I had bypass surgery in 2011.

Rachel1234 01-04-2021 03:42 AM

Good morning

Larry, had to chuckle at the "zipper" club term :D. Never heard that before but it's very fitting!

Yesterday I did not get my exercise in. Took in 1330 calories and met rest of my goals.Today I have a "feral" kitty I have to take to the vet. I've had him for 13 years but he refuses to let anybody touch him! So, he's just lived with my other cats for a long time and now needs some vet care. (He was neutered, etc, years ago). Thankfully he's been healthy but now I think his teeth are bad. I have to lure him into a cage trap. I don't relish all this.......causing him stress, etc. Stresses me too;). But I need to get him some vet care.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp.

ciecie 01-04-2021 08:01 AM

Good morning! LarryH, my dad was also a member of the zipper club. He had his surgery in 2000. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.🍾❤️😁🤶🎅🏻🌲

Diana3271 01-04-2021 08:35 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Rachel Good luck with the vet visit today.

Calories for yesterday: 1360 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 195.4
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

January 4

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Sometimes it is difficult to stick with a diet once it has begun. If we are dieting for ourselves, we often lose heart, but if we feel we're dieting for someone else, it can be the motivation we need to stick with it. Every day we make promises to God, and those promises we do everything in our power to keep. God calls us to be the best we can be, physically as well as spiritually. We should commit our diets to God. If we see dieting as a sacrifice we make to God, then we can find a deeper power to remain committed to our efforts to lose weight. Let everything we do honor and glorify God, for that is what truly pleases Him.

Today's thought: We are not alone in our attempt to lose weight!

ciecie 01-04-2021 08:58 AM

Rachel, hope the vets appointment goes well.🍾❤️😁🤶🌲🎅🏻