3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/321817-january-2021-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Teri000 01-06-2021 07:45 AM

January 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel: You are such a good "cat mom"! Glad your cat made it through surgery. That is a long time to stay at the vets. I had a dental done on my last cat, even though the vet said it was not necessary. He was the happiest cat for the next year and a half! He used to steal dental floss out of the trash can and chew on it. Oh, maybe I told you, I had a relative who's cat swallowed a string...it was sticking out of their mouth. They took it to the vet to have the string surgically removed, went home and another cat had done the same thing...so it was back to the vets...

CieCie: Alex Trebek had a wonderful career...

Jen: ...so sorry it did not work out with ex. At least you are keeping your figure...:) That takes a lot of fortitude. Hope you have made a full recovery from your illness. Welcome back!

Diana: Hope the steroids do the trick...

Usc: Have you been watching football?

Larry: Hope you are doing well.

No exercise. Fixed a problem with my tablet and got rid of a couple of games. I am thinking I had too little memory on the tablet.

ciecie 01-06-2021 08:11 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.🍾😁❤️

Diana3271 01-06-2021 09:48 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1420 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
Fage 0 yogurt 90
Fruit 70 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
salad w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
baked potato w/sour cream 300 calories
grilled steak 300 calories

Exercise:
Jessica Smith 30-Minute Low Impact HIIT and Essentics Shoulder, Upper Back & Pectoral Stretch

Have a Blessed evening!

Usc4valpo 01-06-2021 09:55 PM

Jen: always good to see you back me friend. Work started again as does the stress. I am trying to see how I fit in with this stupid reorg.
Diana: get better, we need your inspiration and guidance in our health.
Rachel - thanks, I am trying to stay consistent. 17K steps today. Watched YouTube videos of the riots at the Capitol - totally pathetic and inexcusable.
Teri: I watch a lot of football. The Alabama Ohio St. game will be a classic. Folks were excited here seeing Iowa State win the Fiesta Bowl over the Ducks. I am a big Chicago Bears fan, but in all reality they shouldn’t be in the playoffs - the Saints will destroy them.

bouncing back well after the hidays - weigh in tomorrow.

Diana3271 01-07-2021 06:36 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

USC Thank you. Great job on your steps.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 8183
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1420 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 196
Up: 1 pound (water weight from prednisone? insomnia from prednisone?)
I woke at 4:30 this morning (from the prednisone, it causes insomnia for me). I got up to go to the restroom. I decided to take some immediate release melatonin and go back to sleep. My DH woke up and got up so the light stimulated me so I decided to get up. I might need an extra cup of coffee to wake up from the melatonin. :lol:

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 7

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

A friend of mine who was dangerously overweight lamented to me once that she was 'so fat that God wouldn't even recognize me as the person He created.' She felt that her weight problems had driven a wedge between her and God. How sad. Nothing that we do ever really separates us from God, but when we feel badly about ourselves, we feel we are unlovable, even by God. It is important that we see ourselves as good people. God loves us no matter how we look, but He is delighted with us when we take pride in who He created us to be. God will bless our efforts, so we need to draw as close to Him as possible as we attempt to diet.

Today's thought: God loves us just as we are.

Usc4valpo 01-07-2021 07:16 AM

Morning gang! I am now net zero from the holidays. Work is stressful indeed after the holiday and I am trying to coordinate things. Regarding exercise I am doing cardio every other day, which I enjoy, strength training in between those days , which I do not enjoy as much but makes a difference, and steps on the treadmill (too cold outside and dark when I can walk).

I had a talk with my Real Appeal coach on consistency and transitioning to weigh sustaininment in the future.
Also, I started reading the Obesity Code by Fung where the key to avoiding obesity is insulin intake control. I did not realize the significantly higher obesity rate among Americans and Canadians since 1960 - it is astonishing.

ciecie 01-07-2021 07:57 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.😁❤️🍾

Rachel1234 01-07-2021 08:43 AM

Good morning

Ciecie, I am so sorry about your grieving.:hug: And I'm sure there are thousands feeling as you do. I never watched Jeopardy but I know it and Alex Trebek were very loved. Very sad.

Usc4valpo, you are so very like the men in my family with your love for football and sports :D.

Larry, are you doing okay.

Teri, I am EXTREMELY careful with dental floss; never let my pets be around it. Once I had a cat who would chew on and swallow it. Well, thankfully it was safely expelled out the back end (instead of slicing the intestines) but it was only expelled partway and of course it frightened and irritated him so he ran all over the house to try to get rid of that thing hanging out of his backside. Total mess, of course. But I was grateful that he was okay. Dental floss is very dangerous for pets to ingest. This is more than some people wanted to hear about, I'm sure;).

I took in 1810 calories yesterday. Things just added up so quickly; I didn't necessarily over eat; but the calories just were high. Something I need to be diligent about the rest of my life.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies (need to chop up), fiber, vit,min,cal supp.

ciecie 01-07-2021 10:09 AM

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 🍾❤️😁

Teri000 01-07-2021 04:59 PM

January 2021

Hi!

I just walked maybe 40 minutes.

A house was on fire in the neighborhood today. It started in the kitchen. The owner went in the bathroom and called 911. The firemen were able to cut a hole in the bathroom window and get the person out. There were big flames coming out the back door. There were 7 fire trucks, dozens of firemen and lots of other support people. And a helicopter. A big hole was cut in the roof. I think we are going to get a new fire extinguisher...

Diana3271 01-07-2021 11:18 PM

Teri Great job on the walk! Yikes, seeing a fire like that can be traumatic. A new fire extinguisher is a good thing.

Diana3271 01-07-2021 11:22 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1260 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 180 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
Fruit 70 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (400 Calories)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories

Dinner (680 Calories)
Evol chicken enchilada bake 380 calories
spaghetti squash 100 calories
yellow squash w/onions 100 calories
skinny cow ice cream sandwich 100 calories

Exercise:
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 01-07-2021 11:33 PM

Good night all! Teri, great job on the walking!🍾❤️😁

Rachel1234 01-08-2021 08:12 AM

Good morning

Teri, fire can be so scary, As an EMT I saw a house engulfed in ravaging flames. I've never used candles again in my house, since seeing that. I believe that particular house fire was started by lightning.

Nancy, are things going okay? Am missing posts from you, my chick friend!

I took in 1890 calories yesterday. I tried on some pants yesterday at a nice boutique. Didn't look very good on me. Bulky around the thighs. Exercise could really help tone that area up a bit. No time today as I have to travel to the city to pick up my cat from the vet. Vet says he's doing well after his tooth extractions.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp.

Diana3271 01-08-2021 09:23 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gifHappy Friday!

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 11,857
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1260 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 195.6
Down: .4
(woke too early again from prednisone. I can go to sleep but it wakes me too early. I also wake thinking about things, so there's some type of stimulation for me. Even though I woke too early, not enough sleep, I stayed in bed for rest. Tomorrow I will start tapering down from the higher dose.)

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 8

John 6:58
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Face it: Dieting wouldn't be so hard if food didn't taste so good! Like anything good, we want to get as much of it as we can. It's easy to place a high value on the food we eat. But, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. God has given us many freedoms, but one we should not abuse is the freedom to consume as much food as we want. No one can limit what we eat except ourselves. We need to realize that our daily bread supplies what we need, not what we want. Excessive eating is selfishness, and selfishness is sin. When we feel the urge to overeat, let us turn to God and nourish ourselves on the true bread that comes from Him - His Word.

Today's thought: God's bread of life is non-fattening!