3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/321817-january-2021-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Teri000 01-29-2021 03:47 PM

January 2021

Good Afternoon!

Diana: It's a lot of work tidying things up when you have a lot of stuff...
Larry: Yeah!

I did my 3rd week of 5 day 40 minute workouts. :) Diet not-so-great... All in all, I think I am doing okay for January. Soon there will be a new month!

ciecie 01-29-2021 08:44 PM

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands late this afternoon. Had supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained.🥶🍾😁❤️

Diana3271 01-29-2021 11:38 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

We had a busy day. DH had a couple appointments. We stopped and got 25 bags of sand and rocks to put in the yard. DH got the truck stuck in the yard due to all the rain we have had. We got the truck unstuck and put out the sand and rock. Then my friend and I did some grocery shopping and ate dinner out. I actually ate out twice today.

Larry Thank you for checking in. I'm glad to hear that everything went well.

Total Approx 1480 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (500 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner ( 580 Calories)
ham and swiss sandwich 500 calories
fruit cup 80 calories

Exercise:
Classical Stretch Anti-Aging workout, Classical Stretch Intro workout, Classical Stretch Shoulder pain & tension relief workout

Have a Blessed evening!

Rachel1234 01-30-2021 05:00 AM

Good morning

Diana, you sure did well yesterday with eating out TWICE!! You made great food choices. Great job!

Teri, awesome on your 40 minute workouts! I couldn't do that long.

Larry, fun cartoon! I am so grateful procedure went well and that you've got that new pacemaker :D. We want that ticker to keep ticking.

Jen and Usc4valpo and Nancy, how are things going with you chicks and rooster?

I am always trying to encourage my elderly mother to "move" more, so daily I try to get her to walk around the house a few times and/or do anything just to get moving. Yesterday I had her dancing to The Twist and Jailhouse Rock! What a hoot! So fun as we both danced in the kitchen! If any of you know the names of some dance-to fifties songs, let me know so I can use them.

I took in 1390 calories and met the rest of my goals. Also did recumbent bike, stretches for my hip and situps. I am sore today as I did some type of squats and lunges to strengthen muscles around my bad hip.

Today's Plan: 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp.

Teri000 01-30-2021 07:01 AM

January 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel: I love hearing what you are doing with your parents! I I used to bring music to elderly people in my family and other people that I helped out with..OH, .I was wondering if you have a dog, too. I keep seeing the pic of the Boston terrier...

Nancy and Jen and Usc: Hope you are having a healthy weekend. I read that there was a big snow out west. Are you snowed in Nancy?

Larry: Nice that you got in and out quickly.

Diana: What a heavy job moving sand and gravel. I buy a bag of sand and pebble gravel occasionally. It is such work to lug it around. I am happy when some clerks help move it to my car. I was wondering if you have some special equipment?

I was wondering if some new people will be joining us this new year... January is that time of year. I am happy that I have improved my exercise program this month.

I need to think about how to improve my diet and exercise this next month... Maybe I will get get back into floor exercises...

ciecie 01-30-2021 08:28 AM

Good morning! Diana, you had a busy day yesterday. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🥶🍾😁❤️

Diana3271 01-30-2021 08:37 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gifHappy Weekend!

Rachel Sounds like fun! Last weekend, while I was washing dishes I put Chuck Berry on my phone. I love me some Chuck Berry! That may not be old enough, though.

Teri No special equipment, just me and DH with his post surgery hand. :rofl:

Something funny about DH and I working together yesterday pulling the truck out, etc. It reminded me of when we worked in the shop. We always had to work together to get things done.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 10,422
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 194
Up: .4 (I made decent choices but I'm sure the sodium was higher than I'm used to.)

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 30

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

My grandmother had a favorite picture that showed Jesus stretching out His hand to Peter while they were walking on the sea. It gave my grandmother great comfort to know that if she ever failed in her faith, Christ would stretch out His loving hand to lift her up. Whenever she dieted, she kept that picture close at hand. When the diet got too hard for her to cope with, she looked at her picture and felt God presence with her. When we attempt to sacrifice anything, it is good for us to admit that we will have a hard time doing it on our own. When we stretch forth our hand to God, He will always reach back.

Today's thought: When my diet gets toughest, God will be closest.

ciecie 01-30-2021 09:45 AM

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 🥶😁🍾❤️

Diana3271 01-30-2021 10:38 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I'm struggling again and fell off the wagon. I'm feeling like the wagon is dragging me. Anyways, I bought DH some nuts and some oat bars and got into them. Then I got into some cereal that was also DH's. I did get a workout in, though.

I worked on the filing/organizing project for a little while today. I can see how things will be better once I get through this initial stage.

Eating: No comment

Exercise: 55 minute outdoor walk, Classical Stretch Intro workout, Classical stretch shoulder pain and tension relief

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 01-30-2021 11:28 PM

Good night! Power walked to and home from church tonight. Had supper when I got home. Got a lot done at home today. 🥶😁❤️🍾

Teri000 01-31-2021 02:12 AM

Hi!

Diana...I am off food wise, too. We can do something different... //Nice when you and your buddy can work together. I am again very impressed by the heavy duty work. It was all I could do to get the bags from the car to a cart...Wish you could do my organizing for me...

Rachel, Jen: I am having problems with my cat. The new cat food made things worse...
Larry: Do you have a lump where the pacemaker is?

I did a lot of situps today.

Rachel1234 01-31-2021 06:13 AM

Good morning

Teri, so sorry about problems with kitty. What's happening?
Diana, I am so very impressed that you got that workout in. Way to go on that :carrot:. And you got the filing started!! Kudos to you!! Big job. You've got this, sister :hug:.

I took in 1410 yesterday. I was sore from workout the day before (dancing, etc.) so did nothing for exercise yesterday, except stretches. This afternoon scrabble is planned for afternoon so will make way for snack during that time.

Today's Plan: 1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies (need to chop up some), fiber, cal/vit/min supp.

Diana3271 01-31-2021 06:43 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Can you believe tomorrow is February 1? Where did the month go?

Teri I bought some bulbs to plant after we get the house pressure washed. I wish you could come over here and plant them for me. LOL I don't like doing that sort of thing. It would be nice if we could all work together on projects. We could encourage each other.

Rachel Have fun with the scrabble.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 11,637
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: unknown
Up: 2 pounds.

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 31

Proverbs 11:18
The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward.

It seems too easy to cheat on a diet. There are so many good things to eat, and it doesn't seem like it could hurt to cheat just a little. The problem is, when we try to convince ourselves that a little cheating is okay, then we never seem to draw the line, and a little cheating becomes a lot of cheating. When we are deceitful with ourselves, we find ourselves in big trouble. It is much better for us to do what we know is right, avoiding the things we know will give us trouble. When we stick to our diets, then we can expect nothing but reward.

Today's thought: There's no such thing as cheating just a little!

ciecie 01-31-2021 07:37 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🥶🍾😁❤️

nancylmrn 01-31-2021 07:31 PM

Hello chicks and roosters!

whew when you don't read the posts everyday they multiply like crazy!

WI up 1.6lb for the month of January :cry: 166.6.
WO I have rejoined the gym, this is a different one but same chain.:wl: A Planet Fitness about the same distance from my home but a larger facility and the staff actually cleans! I have witnessed this before my own eyes. So I started back on Thursday and since I am not working I go at the off peak time of 8:30 am to whenever I get done and shower there (even though I don't have to).

I had also set a January goal to drink less alcohol and/or have no alcohol days, to improve my overall health. As with any addiction, be it alcohol, smoking, drugs, sugar, food etc. it is a long and hard journey that support means the world but the choices you make are yours. I am proud to say I was 18 days free of alcohol which is pretty big deal for me. I am very proud of myself and will continue to see that number increase as time goes on. The ultimate goal for me would be to only have a glass or two of wine on special occasions.
So my February goal is to have some wine on DH birthday on the 21st and keep the rest of the month in check. :dust:

Larry I am so glad your surgery went well, I was worried about that
Rachel, I had to chuckle outload when I thought of you and your mom dancing in the kitchen.
Diana, organizing it just plain no fun, I have to say my home office since I have been home is really starting to collect items and I am afraid I need to do some serious thinking on how to rearrange or shift items from there to the garage.
Teri Congrats on the workouts! That is a big step for you!
ciecie you are as active as ever which is so awesome
Jen, thinking of you, how is the new scale working out????

See you all next month(?) Did not see the new thread yet