Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #181  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Teri Keep it up with the exercise and tweaking things.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 6,788
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1600 +
Weigh In: 195
Down: .2 ( I think part of the "funk" I felt yesterday is the lack of sleep. I have had a lot going on and getting to bed too late. This happened last night, too. I really need to get to bed on time so I can feel better)

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Today's devotion is just what I needed to hear.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 20

Romans 10:9
. . .if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Talk to Jesus. Seriously, He is waiting to listen to you and help you in your struggle to lose weight. Sometimes we wrestle with the urge to cheat on our diets until we are emotional wrecks. This happens most often when we are alone, with no one to talk to. Don't forget, Christ is always with you, and He is as close as prayer. Tell Him how difficult it is. Let Him know your struggle, and He will indeed comfort you. There is never a time in our lives when Jesus is not interested in everything that is happening to us. Call upon Him, confess Him as Lord, and you will be saved!

Today's thought: Jesus is as close as a prayer!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:40 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Good morning, all. I took in 1500 calories and met my other goals and then some as I also did the recumbent bike for a bit. I weighed in at 137.5 this morning. I seem to be stuck at that number. I'm not complaining!!!

Teri, way to go on your exercises!!! You mentioned the intense craving you have. Have you discussed that with your doctor? Sometimes they can prescribe pills or injections to help with that. My husband has a weight problem and I know he is taking an injection. Can't think of the name of it at the moment. It's supposed to suppress the appetite.

Today's Plan: 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #183  

Good morning again! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 🍾😁❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #184  

Default January 2021

Hello!

Rachel: I am finally watching the first episode of All Creatures Great and Small on On Demand. I missed the first and the second..fell asleep. It is pretty good, so far. Oh, I never discuss hunger with MDs.

I biked 40 with wt lifting. I ate too many candy bars today. Oh well. Been eating chicken and veggies with ramen and some more red curry sauce.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1260 calories +

Breakfast (270 calories & )
1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
Fage 0 yogurt 90
Fruit 70 calories

Lunch (290 Calories)
Protein bar 290 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
1 hour mall walk and Classical Stretch Aging Backwards Rebalance Your Connective Tissue

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #186  

Good morning! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 🍾❤️😁
Old 01-21-2021, 06:48 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, I especially liked yesterday's devotion......about how He is always with us and we can reach out to Him anytime during our struggles. He will provide help, but it's up to us to reach out and seek it! Something I don't always do; instead I try to do things myself in my own strength.......which usually flops.

I took in 1250 calories yesterday and met the rest of my goals. Did a bit of the recumbent bike. I plan to eat out with friend today as I need to go to the city. I will allow more calories for that.

Today's Plan: 1500-1800 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp., recumbent bike, chest press for weights.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:17 AM   #188  

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🍾😁❤️
Old 01-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #189  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I slept in this morning. I woke feeling more rested.

I forgot to post this last night: I forgot to mention that I also had an eye appt. yesterday. My vision has gotten a bit worse but the Dr. said if I am still comfortable with wearing readers I could keep doing that. He also said that if I feel the need that I can wear readers in 100 or 125 for driving. I will probably need prescription glasses in a couple of years. No other eye problems found. I had an Endo appt today and my thyroid is stable. Meds will stay the same.

Rachel I hear you! I always think I can get it done, myself. Then I am always disappointed when it flops. This morning another devotion really spoke to me. It was about "other gods" and "idols". Guess what I realized is my "other god/idol"? Yep, food. When I thought about over eating/binging as being sinful, it didn't seem to bad. We all sin, even as Christians we sin. But when I realized that I do see food as a "god or idol" that hit me differently. I'm not sure how this will impact me long term. We tend to conveniently forget things. But that really hit me this morning.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 9,883
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1260 +
Weigh In: 194.4
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 21

1 Corinthians 6:11
. . .but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

In many respects, dieting is like a washing away of fat. What greater joy is there than to step up on the scales and see the pointer a few marks to the left of where it was a couple days before. When we lose, we feel cleansed, and the cleansing is not just physical. Emotionally we begin to feel better about ourselves. Our guilt, our poor self-image, our pain all begin to wash away, too. This is the best washing of all. We are renewed both inside and out, and we become a fitting and holy temple; a righteous dwelling place for the Lord!

Today's thought: Each pound lost cleanses me physically, spiritually, and mentally.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #190  

Hi all! Got distracted. Diana, you sure were busy yesterday. Another cold day here. 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶
Old 01-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #191  

Default January 2021

Good Morning!

Rachel: I finished watching the first episode of "All Creatures Great and Small". It was wonderful. I look forward to watching the rest of the episodes. Maybe I will try to get the books out of the library. It has been a really long time since I read them.

I read an article about catnip. Even different feral breeds are attracted to this plant and another plant called silver vine. They contain a substance called iridoids that not only have this "intoxicating" effect on cats, but it is also an "insecticide" which can protect against mosquitos who can pass heart worm on to cats. Mosquitos avoid humans who have iridoids sprayed on their arm...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had my annual VA lab work today and while there I finally got my 2nd shingles shot. It was originally scheduled for March 2020 and my appointment was cancelled until today because of Covid. While there I asked the nurse if the VA was giving the Covid vaccine. She checked my chart and said she would add me to the list and I will be called to get the vaccine. Yay!!

Diet is going fairly well after a prolonged plateau I have started losing again. 58 pounds lost since August 13, 2020
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #193  

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands late this morning/early this afternoon. Larry, congrats on losing the 58 pounds! 😁❤️🍾
Old 01-21-2021, 02:44 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. That Legionnaires was 2 years ago.

I'm @ 190.8. today. I also joined WW community today for free.

Larry, great job!

Diana, glad nothing serious and yes food can be such an idol. Especially for stress eating.

Larry, congrats on losing 58 lbs.

Nancy, I saw you are back

Ciecie you are ALWAys consistent

Rachel, I've had a lousy time and food became my comfort again but im struggling to find ANOTHER comfort.

So I ate all my ww points in one meal.. I got fit points and zero point foods left which includes fruit which i AM NOT USED TO.

the zero point food thing might make or break me because I actually love fruits and vegetables

I ate roast that went bad yesterday..left out too long and it took 40 minutes for mild stomach upset to cause me to purge my whole day food..

Today's weight might be artificially low.. i like the ww website
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:40 PM   #195  

Good evening! Progress is being made on my bathroom! 😁❤️🍾