Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #151  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on being 25 lbs down and your personal world record of no late night eating!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:14 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

thanks, vermont mom !

day 149 ...

no late-night eating ... 108 days in a row and another new world record !

got thrown out of my normal 'routine' a bit yesterday and when that happens, the first thing to suffer is water intake. i did manage to get the last 2 glasses into me before bed, however.

the scale is still being obstinate but i do expect it to respond soon as i am surely running a calorie deficit.

the plan for today ... stay the course !

a 3 star day ... 11 in a row.

night-time eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN (barely);
clean eating ... WIN.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:45 PM   #153  

day 150 ...

no late-night eating ... 109 days in a row and another new world record !

gorgeous weather.
water is my friend.
stupid scale ! haven't had any beans or prunes for a couple of days now. did have some sushi 2 nights ago, other than that, the food has been fairly spartan and snacking has been under control.
staying the course.

a 3 star day ... 12 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #154  

day 151 ...

no late-night eating ... 110 days in a row and another new world record !

scale inched downwards a bit; always a good thing. the incredible streak of great weather continues; always a good thing.

starting to realize that apples are not my thing. they are a good source of fibre, and it's not that i DIS-like them, it's just that there are many fruits that i prefer. also realizing that i very much DO like a raw spinach salad with bits of bacon and hard-boiled egg ... yummm !

staying the course. may indulge in a bit of ground beef tonight if i find time to go out and buy some.

a 3 star day ... 13 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:47 PM   #155  

day 152 ...

no late-night eating ... 111 days in a row and another new world record !

since mid-nov, when i started taking charge of what i put in my mouth, i have had very little read meat, focusing instead on skinless chicken and white fish. am now realizing that one doesn't HAVE TO have meat or fish at dinner-time ... who knew ? eggs are my friend; some people are allergic but i seem to be able to eat 2 at breakfast and then, 2 more at dinner with no ill effects. i don't do this often, but i have done it often enough to know that it's not an issue for me.

a 3 star day ... 14 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #156  

day 153 ...

no late-night eating ...112 days in a row and another new world record !

was tempted again last night, as i am EVERY night, but last night quite a bit more so than usual, probably because i was having trouble falling asleep. got through it, and the scale seems to be making up for staying frozen for the first half of april, so all is well. great weather, plenty to keep me busy and i should be in-line for a covid vaccine very soon.

a 3 star day ... 15 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #157  

day 154 ...

no late-night eating ... 113 days in a row and another new world record !

on a roll, firing on all cylinders, already at goal for april after (apparently) not losing a single pound in the first 2 weeks of the month.

the plan for today ... stay the course.

a 3 star day ... 16 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:12 PM   #158  

day 155 ... no late-night eating ... 114 days in a row and another new world record !

stoopid scale arbitrarily tossed a pound back on me that i didn't deserve ... whateva !

staying the course, working the plan.

a 3 star day ... 17 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #159  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieManJoe View Post
day 152 ...

no late-night eating ... 111 days in a row and another new world record !

since mid-nov, when i started taking charge of what i put in my mouth, i have had very little read meat, focusing instead on skinless chicken and white fish. am now realizing that one doesn't HAVE TO have meat or fish at dinner-time ... who knew ? eggs are my friend; some people are allergic but i seem to be able to eat 2 at breakfast and then, 2 more at dinner with no ill effects. i don't do this often, but i have done it often enough to know that it's not an issue for me.

a 3 star day ... 14 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
continued Congrats on your continued successes! a question - did you have an "ah-ha" moment in November that precipitated your changes? and a comment - eggs are my best friend also! and apparently they are not the bad cholesterol bombs as previously thought.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #160  

day 156 ...

no late-night eating ... 115 days in a row and another new world record !

vermont mom ... thanks for checking in me. good question too, well worth answering in my blog.

my "aha" moment came in mid november 2020. i had stepped on the scale and jumped off in dismay when i saw 209 lbs. my weight was clearly going steadily in the wrong direction; but there's a bit more to it ... in the previous 7 days i had consumed 6 apple pies ... by myself. .. 8" apple pies. it was clear to me that i was, to put it mildly, using food as comfort or, to put it more starkly, using it as one would use a drug ... to feel good, not for nutrition at all. i had to take charge. for previous weight loss attempts i had got caught up in the "atkins" (now, apparently re-packaged as "keto") and juicing fads. out of this, 2 things became readily apparent ... just about any "diet", if adhered to, will produce weight loss, some more rapidly than others. the trick is to eat in a manner that you can live with, long-term. no way on earth was i going to "juice" every 6 months or so to get my weight down and keto was, for me, a totally unsustainable way of eating. in my humble opinion, weight-watchers had it right all along and, while i am not a member and never will be, nor do i count "points" i am keenly aware of the calorie load of most food.

a 3 star day ... 18 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.

Last edited by VeggieManJoe; 04-23-2021 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #161  

day 157 ...

no late-night eating ... 116 days in a row and another new world record !

some days, everything just goes great, and yesterday was one of those. today we are back to the usual west coast drizzle after a spectacular run of incredible weather.

at 181.5 lbs i have a decent shot at making goal of 180 lbs by month end. i am not going to starve myself though, just to make it. eating a healthy and adequate diet (while running a calorie deficit) is the plan here, and it has worked just great so far. staying the course.

a 3 star day ... 19 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #162  

day 158 ...

no late-night eating ... 117 days in a row and another new world record !

was going to indulge in a muffin yesterday but the bakery was closed by the time i got there ... saved me a bunch of calories, so there's that. also won 10 bucks on the lottery AND got a rebate from car insurance AND picked up a freebie dirt bike project from craigslist AND my favourite sports team won last night, so i am on a major roll here !

water is my friend.

a 3 star day ... 20 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #163  

day 159 ...

no late-night eating ... 118 days in a row and another new world record !

the morning weigh-in was a roaring success ... 179lbs. ! i haven't been in the 170's since i quit smoking over 20 years ago. not only can i now see the light at the end of the tunnel, i can smell the fresh, cool air !

perhaps that's not the best analogy, though. when i reach the end of the tunnel, i don't "get to" go back to my old way of eating; to do that would mean that i have just been wasting my time. for the most part, the changes in my eating habits are going to be permanent. when i reach goal, i do get to add a few calories back to my intake so as to maintain, rather than lose, weight ... and those additional calories will be very welcome indeed, but devouring a whole pie, or 2 dozen cookies, or 6 slices of bread/butter/jam, all washed down with a litre of milk ... that is in the past and i'm not going back there. food is not my drug nor my hobby.

the plan for today ... stay the course.

a 3 star day ... 21 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #164  

day 160 ...

no late-night eating ... 119 days in a row and another new world record !

an old problem has re-surfaced, seemingly for no reason... morning headaches ... have had 2 in a row now. i have been on the evening coffee program for maybe 2 months with no issues; thought i had it beat. the ONLY difference these last 2 days is that i was given a bag of potatoes and have eaten them 2 nights in a row. since starting the new eating regime i have had packaged hash browns several times and regular potatoes 2 or 3 times , so i don't think it's the potatoes ??? never heard of potatoes causing headaches but, as i say, nothing else has changed. will do a search and see what i come up with.

otherwise ... business as usual.

a 3 star day ... 22 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.

edit : a quick search shows that potatoes are actually considered beneficial in regards to headaches due to both the water content and the potassium content. looking elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:44 PM   #165  

day 161 ...

no late-night eating ... 120 days in a row and another new world record !

goal for april is 180 lbs and the scale is vacillating between 179.5 and 180.5 ... so there's that. should be good as long as i don't mess up over the next 3 days.

water is my friend. my special friend is frozen fruit; this is one of my guilty pleasures ... thoroughly defrosted and then warmed up in the microwave to slightly above room temperature. this brings out the sweetness of the fruit. i have it with breakfast and as part of my after-dinner dessert with oatmeal and cottage cheese. i sometimes also have a bit mid-day for a healthy snack. who knew that fruit, oatmeal and cottage cheese could taste SO delicious that it really feels like "cheating" ?

a 3 star day ... 23 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.