Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #31  

Default September 2020

Jen: I envision you walking around with a puppy dog in a pouch on your belly... Gosh, double shift sounds overwhelming...Can you sleep during one shift?

I walked last night and I walked this am. Last night it started to sprinkle but I went anyway. Five minutes in someone offered me an umbrella, but I told them I could manage. Ten minutes in it really started raining...oh well. I also biked last night and lifted light wts. I need to do some situps and some knee exercises...

Diet okay except for small sundae, and too many snacks (jelly bean, chips, popcorn). I lost track, but I think I still did okay.

I really need to finish an overdue library book.

I was thinking that today is Friday...
Old 09-03-2020, 08:33 AM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1550 +
Weigh In: 182.2
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 3

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God was such a big help when Gwen began her diet, but He didn't seem to care much anymore. Lately, Gwen's diet had become almost intolerable. She began to wonder if God knew what she was going through. She had prayed daily when she started her diet, and it had gotten so easy that she really didn't need to pray all the time. Then, it started getting harder. Why did God let that happen? Poor Gwen never realized that God hadn't changed, but she had. She included God all the time at first, then she left Him out more and more. God will help us just as much as we allow Him to. Often we are our own, and God's, worst enemy when we take our lives out of God's hands and put them into our own.

Today's thought: God and I are dieting together!
Old 09-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #33  

thanks rachel! there also were some major changes at his office since i was last there. he's part of a group now and has gotten two new nurses, a pa, and two new secretaries. i graduated high school a year ahead one of the nurses.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #34  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI same as it has been for the past 4 days
WO I chose to sleep the extra hour today and yesterday. my groin pull is still iffy and I was just super tired

Work has been stressful, they say they are going to hire help and I did see that they placed an ad. but they do move slow so by the time they hire someone and then 'trained' the busy busy season will be done LOL

I don't have much to add today just another blah blah....still working on MNP with minimizing my neg self talk. Was tough last night, I did indulge in an adult beverage and I had to remind myself it is OK ...anyway have a great day
Old 09-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Nancy, sounds like you and I are commiserating on the no help work situations. Hugs.
Ciecie, yeah they are giving you the works

Terri, I love your perserverance. That is my personality. I did carry babies in that pooch area. I hate it. I remember when my stomach was flat and unsectioned. I thought it was fat then! Heh. It could be worse though.

Rachel, keep up the good work

I'm hungry today. My body is trying to ovulate. My cycles are less than a month apart now. Im irregularly regular. Haha.

This site is giving me a fit to press enter and type. But I was 189 yesterday and woke up to 187.2. I hope im solidly in the 180s now. I want out by the end of September though. I hate to be 180 anything on my 41st birthday...

My quads have been giving me a hard time especially my right and I think its pulled on my knee too much because I've over extended it twice...so its not happy today. I've done a few exercises and some slow dance moves...during some worship songs...

I wish i wasn't so blasted hungry today!!

Old 09-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #36  

good afternoon! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will go for another power walk and run more errands on my way to supper tonight.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:22 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1470 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
Fage 0 yogurt 90
Fruit 70 calories

Snack (200 calories)
popcorn 200 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
all cooked together, spaghetti squash, hamburger meat, mushrooms, asparagus 500 calories
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
40 minute outdoor walk and Jane Adams Stronger Standing Balance - Standing exercises

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Hey all... long time no see. Diet has been decidedly meh recently, although I've been active as always. Scale around 140 consistently so I seem to have gained back what I lost, which is very frustrating. I'm kind of just letting things sit until my full teaching/dancing schedule starts up in the next week or two. I lost weight last fall without even trying because I was in the studio so much, and I'm hoping that'll happen again--I should be dancing or teaching a good 25 hours a week, and that's not including my usual biking or walking to get places or weights or anything. It'll be hard to eat that much haha.

Breakfast: bread and jam, milk
Lunch: naan, breaded zucchini chips, yogurt, ice cream
Snack: cereal
Dinner: fish fillets, spaghetti squash, cucumber tomato salad, fruit
Old 09-04-2020, 06:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Princessroja, Yay! So good to see you! I always appreciate your posts.

Yesterday I took in 1450 calories so met my goal. I skipped the treadmill. I wish I LOVED to exercise. I come from a highly athletic family and I used to be athletic when I was younger. But, alas, I don't really have that desire now. I have to make myself.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies, calcium, treadmill.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 182
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 4

Matthew 7:7-8
'Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.'

Barry never really believed that he'd lose weight. That was probably his problem. His heart was never in it. Whenever he got the least bit discouraged, he'd immediately give up. His friends tried to offer support, but Barry always came up with excuses why he should give up his diet. If we want to lose weight, we need to believe in ourselves. Self-doubt is a killer. If we lack faith in ourselves, then perhaps we can overcome it by the faith we have in God. God can fill us with a self-assurance that allows us to do almost anything we set our minds to. Push aside doubt. Be filled with the confidence of God.

Today's thought: With God's help, I'll knock off a few pounds!
Old 09-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #41  

Default September 2020

Good Morning!

Diana...Yeah! It's really Friday...You could food me, I mean, fool me...

Rachel: What kind of sport did you used to like to do?

Jen: Yeah! You are doing so good! Hip Hip Hurrah! I mean Hipless, Hipless Hurrah!

Princess: I'd feel a little stressed out if I had a new job...maybe more than a little stressed out...

CieCie: When you ride the bus, are there less people? Is everyone spaced apart? Oh, sometimes, it is really nice to see people from your past...I don't know about that at the doctor's office. Give me some privacy...

I walked last night and this am. I biked and wt. lifted, I did situps and did knee exercises. I am breaking in a new pair of shoes. I bought this pair of athletic sneakers a few years ago. They sent me the wrong color, but they were so comfortable I kept them. This spring I bought some shoes (same brand) locally (because we are supposed to support local businesses.) Even though they have memory foam, they are too stiff. I prefer to have shoes with just that soft white rubber sole and then memory foam on top. I ordered 3 more pairs of shoe (same brand). I think they also have a stiff layer underneath the memory foam. I will bear with them, but I will need to look around for another brand of shoe...I like the feel of walking on pillows...

Diet has been okay. NO SUNDAE. But I had an apricot cookie among other stuff...
Old 09-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #42  

Good morning! Been a busy week of working and kids stuff. I feel like I'm failing at this dieting thing... I've definitely been stress eating and that's not healthy. I'm probably at my highest non-pregnant weight and I refuse to step on a scale because I'm scared.

I've been continuing the exercise. I've done something each day... either walking, hiking, or doing yoga.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:27 PM   #43  

good afternoon! power walked and ran errands late this morning/early this afternoon. came home and had lunch. will take a shower in a few minutes.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

I weighed in today and lost a couple more pounds! 5 more until I get below the Mendoza Line. The combination of cardio and strength training and reduced overindulging is working in the long term.
My job is still in anxiety mode and maybe I will know more during the week of the 14th. I have assumed the interim lead role of the team currently and we are moving things along pretty well with a limited staff. I have some work to catch up on over the weekend. Time to get the body moving!
Old 09-04-2020, 10:02 PM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

My DH is having a bird shoot tomorrow. He asked me to make iced tea, baked beans and deviled eggs for the guys. I had a problem with a couple of eggs so I just added them to the mixture. There was extra mixture so I made an egg salad sandwich. I really didn't need that. But I was tempted because I haven't had it in a long time. It was good.

Total Approx 1510 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)