3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   September 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/319349-september-2020-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

nancylmrn 09-04-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 5414718)
Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

My DH is having a bird shoot tomorrow. He asked me to make iced tea, baked beans and deviled eggs for the guys. I had a problem with a couple of eggs so I just added them to the mixture. There was extra mixture so I made an egg salad sandwich. I really didn't need that. But I was tempted because I haven't had it in a long time. It was good. :lol:

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana, I don't know what a 'bird shoot' is? Is that like shooting skeet or duck hunting?? I feel so clueless :dizzy:

TREEMBBS 09-04-2020 11:53 PM

It is Spring here in Oz.

I am fairly new to 3FC and not quite sure how best it can "help me" yet.

I lost a little weight this year but now my body seems to be stuck at a place (weight) it has often "liked" in the past. This year I want to move past that place so may use your September thread to keep me mindful?

Either way, thanks all for your enthusiasm.

Reporting in here more often would be a good start....

Rachel1234 09-05-2020 07:23 AM

Good morning

Teri, I used to play basketball, some tennis and snowskiing.:)

Usc4valpo, good to see you! Thanks for checking in. So sorry about the continued job anxiety :( Hang in there.

TREEMBS, :welcome:

I took in 1360 calories yesterday. Skipped the treadmill again :tread:

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium.

Teri000 09-05-2020 08:13 AM

September 2020

Good Morning!

Welcome TREEMBS, Organized Chaos! May you have lots of success here...This is a really good group...

Rachel: I did a little cross country skiing...I don't think I was a natural...and I did not like being out in really cold weather...

Diana: I was wondering if the bird shoot was with real birds, and if you eat them... Egg salad sounds really good, if you are like me and eat mostly egg whites...

Usc: Hang in there, you are getting close.

I walked last night. Nothing else. Diet, well I was really hungry yesterday and had turkey gyro and a shake...and cookies. My stomach was a bottomless pit. I don't like when i feel like that. I did spread the gyro and shake over a couple of meals. I made some chicken and rice this am. I need to cook up some veggies to add to it.

Diana3271 09-05-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancylmrn (Post 5414720)
Diana, I don't know what a 'bird shoot' is? Is that like shooting skeet or duck hunting?? I feel so clueless :dizzy:

Yes, today is the first day of dove season. DH is an avid hunter and fisherman.

Diana3271 09-05-2020 08:36 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

TREEMBBS Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Teri I used to only eat egg whites but now I eat whole eggs. I really enjoyed the egg salad. I wouldn't normally eat that because I don't like pickle much and don't need the extra calories from mayo. But it was really good last night. :rofl: It will probably be years before I have that again.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1510 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 182
No Change (very happy about this due to the extra calories last night)

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 5

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Lois woke up from the strangest dream. She had died and gone to heaven, but when she got there, she couldn't get in. There was an extremely narrow hallway that everyone had to pass through before they could enter heaven. Try as she might, Lois couldn't get through the passageway because she was so large. Before, she had doubted that she could lose weight. Now, she found a new motivation. She believed God had broken through her excuses to tell her how important it was for her to lose. Never once did she believe that God would keep her out of heaven because of her weight, but she realized that her weight already kept her from enjoying life the way God intended it to be.

Today's thought: Life is great when you carry less weight!

nancylmrn 09-05-2020 11:27 AM

Good morning to all!
Welcome TREEMBS to check in

WI pretty much the same as all week..BUT my official WI at WW I am .2 away from my 10lb mark....sheesh this has been a long long journey just to get to this point. fingers crossed for next week
WO yesterday was a 5 mile hike, (I had a paid day off, my boss said it would be a mental health day on him LOL)
Today will hike a bit but then get supplies (groceries) for the week before the madness of the long weekend if possible.

I have been working trying to eat all the foods out of my big freezer so I can defrost it. This is an old upright freezer given to me by my mom so at least once a year we try to do this. I have foods in there I don't remember why I own them. For example 2 boxes of puff pastry...why??? Fish sticks??? why?? the list is long and I see some of this going either to a coworker if they will take it or the trash. These are things I just don't eat and must have purchased for a special project.

anyway this is my fly by, I think of all of you all the time. Thank you for being here and listening
Nancy

Diana3271 09-05-2020 09:50 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1320 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 270 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
Fage yogurt 90 calories
fruit 70 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (475 Calories)
Chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF ranch 350 calories
later watermelon 125 calories

Dinner (575 Calories)
fritatta made w/2 eggs 140 calories
veggies 125 calories
ham (we have some deli ham that I helping DH to eat) 60 calories
cheese 50 calories
grapes 200 calories

Exercise:
Bodylastics Circuit workout

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 09-06-2020 06:33 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

I need to be to church earlier than normal so I am up earlier. :yawn:

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1320 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 183.4
Up: 1.4 pounds (ever so often I need a reminder why I don't eat ham. It has been noted, thank you very much)

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 6

Job 22:27
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.

Gary took time every morning to pray about his diet. Some days he awoke frustrated that he wasn't losing weight. Other days he awoke with cravings, afraid he wouldn't be able to withstand temptation. Still other mornings he just wanted to thank God that he'd come so far. God helped make the diet bearable. Every time Gary found himself feeling ready to give up, a quick prayer to God gave him the willpower to go on. The power of God is a wonderful thing. We cannot comprehend how much God does for us when we call upon His name. Rest assured that God is with you in all you do. . .even your diet.

Today's thought: The more time you pray, the less you can weigh!

Rachel1234 09-06-2020 06:36 AM

Good morning

Busy day yesterday with my parents and taking care of family pets while they (other family members) are out of town. I cut my Dad's hair for him! Not the greatest but he's cool with it :D. I did get the chest press done for lifting weights. I hope to do arm and leg curls today. Took in 1475 calories.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, leg and arm curls for weights.

Teri000 09-06-2020 10:58 AM

September 2020

Good Morning!

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Nancy: How long does it take you to walk 5 miles.
Diana: Every once in a while I buy a cheese breakfast burrito. They taste real good, but have too much salt, fat... It is good that you can eat whole eggs. I have heard that the yolks are good for you... Do you eat dove?

I did not exercise yesterday, but today, I walked this am. Wt. is about the same. I have been eating too much rice with chicken, not enough veggies.

I think it is going to get hot again this weenend. I do not like that.
I am sitting by a cup of ice water...

nancylmrn 09-06-2020 12:13 PM

Good morning to all
WI down a bit today but I expected that, usually on a Sunday I have a drop then it creeps up during the week. Saturdays food and beverage choices are not the best but the 'beer' nap always does me a great deal of good
WO we are going to go on a small hike this morning before it gets too warm and crowded with the holiday folks

Terri, the hike/walk we take is approximately 5 miles of mostly shaded and level, but there are some hills. Because of DH I have to walk at a slower pace than my normal so it takes us about an hour and 45 min. I would love to be brave one time and just see how fast I can walk the trail. https://www.metroparkstacoma.org/fiv...oint-defiance/
This is a map of the trail we walk, we take the one marked in dark blue.

Rachel good job on your chest press!

Diana3271 09-06-2020 03:15 PM

Teri DH usually gives the wild game to another person in the group. I have eaten it, though. I have tried a lot of the game. Sometime a hunt club will have a party at the end of the year and prepare the game that was harvested. It gives you a good opportunity to try something new.

ciecie 09-06-2020 06:48 PM

Hi all! Been very busy here. Got a lot done yesterday and today. Have a load of laundry in the washer. Will dry that tomorrow. :D

Diana3271 09-06-2020 10:37 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I had a lot going on today. I mentioned before about me being asked to sing at church. I haven't mentioned much more about it. But we have been practicing. We practiced yesterday. I had an idea that everyone really liked. We started off with a lead singer while the rest of us were sitting behind on the stage, as we went through each verse another person would get up and sing. It turned out really good. We only practiced this yesterday and did it today. I also had children's church today. Later in the day I met with my children's camp partner. We had to meet early to get a game plan for the school year. Did I mention that the school wanted us to continue with the Bible stories that we did during the summer camp. Anyways, I ended up binging today. I really wish I could get a handle on my emotions when I have a lot going on like that. Everyone I work with at church knows about my anxiety. I talked with my camp partner today about it and she said that I don't show the anxiety while I am doing my thing. But I always feel like I am about to fall apart, especially afterward. The other funny thing I have noticed is that I am worse with kids. I thought I would have more anxiety with the singing in front of the church, but it's the kids that really trigger me. Hopefully in time I will get better. I do feel better now than I did when I first started with the children's church.

Have a Blessed evening!