August 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2020, 09:29 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up August 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Diana as always for starting our month out right!

Another gain this morning so I am getting pretty discouraged
Had a good workout too.

This is short but wanted to say Hi
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:16 PM   #3  

thanks for getting the new thread started!
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/137/135-138

Height: 5'8"

Default August 1

Yangtzer Gangster, good to hear from you!!! Makes my morning!

Did not meet my goals for yesterday. Took in 1660 calories and did not exercise. Today is a new day and month!! Here's to new motivation! Part of my missing my goal marks is that I'm at my parents so much. So I need to come up with some better strategies.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill, lift some weights (chest press, leg extensions & flexions.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/212.5/199

Height: 5' 11"

Nice splurge yesterday, was 800 cals over the target and I have to say it was good . I had good beer, crab Rangoon pizza from Fongs Pizza in Des Moines, and ice cream. You gotta splurge now and then.
I will start the morning with a nice walk and then some gardening. I also need to buy new running shoes as the tread is getting bare - take care of the joints!
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #6  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I can't believe August is already here! Welcome back, everyone!

Nancy & Rachel Hang in there!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1560 +
Weigh In: 179.8
Down: 1.8 pounds (I am truly shocked by this drop but I am thankful. I donated blood yesterday maybe that is the reason. Whatever it is, I am thankful and hoping at least some of it will stick. )

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy and a great start to your weekend!
Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 1

John 14:18
'I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.'

Joan was such a great friend. Almost every day she would stop by to see how things were going. Joan had been there herself. She had battled her weight for years. It was comforting to have someone around who had made it. Joan looked great. Just knowing it could be done made the whole diet easier, somehow. When we try to lose weight all by ourselves, the struggle is doubly difficult. We all need support in tough times. We can count on God's comfort when we diet. He has promised that He will never leave us comfortless. Believe in that promise. When our diets seem most futile, God will come to us.

Today's thought: With the help of friends, I can lose more pounds!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-01-2020 at 09:49 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253.6/197.8/169

Height: 5'7"

usc I envy you in that you can splurge and get back on track.. I know from my history I can't do that. If I take in a large amount of carbs at once, they immediately trigger a huge wave of cravings and more often than not I end up falling off the wagon for weeks or even months. I am an "abstinance is easier than moderation" kind of gal. Which is not to say I will never again have any of those things, but it will be one of those things, in a small portion, and on rare occasions only so I don't send myself over the cliff.

Diana Congratulations on the loss! That's a nice one so close to goal!

Nancy If you are staying on track and checking everything to make sure you are, then hang in there. It has to break sooner or later. I know it is a test of one's patience though.

Yangzter Glad you checked in

I am up at 199.2 today but I ate a heavy meal last night and my cardio (due to rain) was an indoor workout that was new and it just didn't deliver the kind of effort I was hoping. I did work up a sweat though. Temps are better today so hoping for a nice long walk tonight.

Last edited by gzgrl22; 08-01-2020 at 10:49 AM.
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
Yeah for August!
WI downs .4 so that felt a bit better. I cut out the massive bowl of watermelon last night but ate popcorn and a few stray chocolate chips go figure?
WO none today seems I am going on an all day road trip. Swooping down to Portland ( I know with the crazies it seems) but will not be stopping in downtown. then home again. About a 5 hour round trip.

gzgr I too for the most part am either all in or complete fall off a wagon. I tried moderation and I can do it but I just make so many small trips back and forth for the small moderate bites
Rachel you have got this and taking care of your parents....maybe keep your 'foods' at their house when you shop for them shop for you too?

It was good to see a few old faces on the old thread....yeah pixel and gangtzer so good to see you

ok coffee is done off for the road trip
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #10  

I think you need to have a splurge now and then. Striving for perfect consistency is unrealistic and you need to remember this is a lifelong marathon like journey we are experiencing. Also, I had 2800 calls yesterday which is not a crazy binge.
I just did an 8 mi walk listening to some R&B. Will finishing the yard after chugging a lot of water.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #11  

good afternoon! hung up half the load of laundry that i did yesterday on the line outside to dry. went for a power walk and ran errands late this morning/early this afternoon. came home and had lunch. took down half the load of laundry from the line. will take the other half down later. will do some things around the house in a few minutes.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/152.5/145

I had all kinds of junk food yesterday and today, cake, potato chips,chocolate, ice cream you name it LOL. It's been a long while.
Surprisingly, I don't feel guilty at all. I will go back to a healthier eating tomorrow, so I can have another break like this

Rachel1234..Today is a new day/month!!Yay!! Lucky you, your parents must be very good cooks

ciecie..good job power walking. I love the smell of sun-dried laundry. It's good for the earth too. I hang up my laundry near the AC these days. Have you tried that?

Princessroja..good job staying on track. do you do machine weights or free weights(like dumbbell)?

Diana3271..thank you for starting the new post. btw, have you finished painting the church?

gzgrl22..enjoy the cooler weather in NJ. any plan to visit grandson any time soon?

Teri000..the cool weather definelty makes the exercise more enjoyable. I guess it saves water for your garden too. hehe. Btw, how big is your garden? I guess you grow plenty of veggies to make fresh salad everyday.

Usc4valpo..about the splurge, can't agree more. I think I had more calories than you today, but we need the break. Hehe. Wow, 8 mi walking? How long did that take? I think you burned off those 2800 calls already.LOL.

nancylmrn..congrats on the 0.4 lbs. Have fun @Portland. Btw, how's your quilting project?

Pixel..congrats on 55lb. Any progress on the reopening in your area?

Last edited by yangtzer; 08-01-2020 at 03:21 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #13  

Yangster Gangster - 2:28, including a stop at Walgreens to get a bottle of water. It was a beautiful day in central Iowa.
Ciecie - way to stay active! You’re getting a lot of stuff done. I wish my daughters would clean the house and have your drive - with teen girls you have the excuse-ometer.
Time to buy some new shoes and protect the joints. I have been doing cardio with the Body Project videos on YouTube and they are really effective.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #14  

good evening! yangtzer, i won't be able to hang my clothes up near the ac. my ac is on one side of the house and the clothes line is on the other. dusted and vacuumed downstairs today. also mopped the kitchen floor. will go to church in a few minutes.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:15 PM   #15  

Default August 2020

Good Evening!

Diana: Thanks for being here for us...I watched a video that showed 3 gators crossing the road from one lake/bog to another in SC. The traffic and the pedestrians were stopped in their tracks...Gee, I hope you have not encountered that sort of stuff near you...
Nancy: Were you around Mt. St. Helens blew its top and did you get any of the ash? Or do you have any stories..,

I walked last night and this am and I did a little wt. lifting. I meant to walk tonight, but I hear thunder and it is dark and rainy, so I may not get out. I did do a little weeding. Diet has been okay except for a small sundae and some lime cookies. Oh, how easy it is to forget. I had a slice of bbq pizza at 2 meals. I have also been consuming Amish potato salad...The latter is way too salty.

I have been cleaning up stuff on my computer. I wish business would send me ads once a week in stead of daily. It can be overwhelming.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote