Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2020, 10:33 PM   #196  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. watched the special on nbc honoring the graduating class of 2020. barack obama was the speaker. watched dateline after that. have 48 hours on now. did 1 mile leslie sansone this afternoon.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:51 AM   #197  

Default May 2020

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

usv4valpo: There is a lot of uncertainty--Who would have thought 6 months ago that all this was going to happen.

Diana: When I worked, I did not like feeling afraid...

Hey Rachel: Are your cats indoors or outdoors? I wish I could jump like a cat...

Exercise was fine. I walked 20 minutes and I biked 30. I got out the weights and did a few arm exercises while I biked. Diet was okay. I ate only a half a sundae..so I will have the other half to look forward to today. If I go to half a day, I should save a little bit of money on sundaes and on gas, and consume up to 6000 calories less. Maybe, it would just about take care of my weight goal for the month...It sounds so simple.... I am usually not that precise...

It was really warm yesterday...like summer. In the evening, I repotted seedlings. There were so many, I did not get them all done before dusk and then I went for a walk.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:16 AM   #198  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1190 +
Weigh In: 185.8
Down: 2.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 17

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

Jerry was so confident. He knew he could lose weight if he would only knuckle down and try. But it seemed that no matter how determined he got, something came up to thwart him. Whenever friends tried to help him, he told them to leave him alone; he was going to make it on his own. How sad that some people try to do everything by themselves. It is good to believe in yourself, but not when that self-belief causes you to be less than you can be. Believe in God. Put your faith there. Whatever you find you cannot do, remember that God can do it.

Today's thought: Thank God for the gift of determination!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:24 AM   #199  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #200  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
Been a bit of MIA the last few days, just a lot of thing hit all at once and you know....my coping skills are not the greatest at times
WI 159.4 so yeah to that drop but not super optimistic.....but I have noticed a pattern. If I have my last meal of the day around 3-4pm and a lite snack in the evening I see a drop in the scale. Yet if I have the same foods say 5:30-6:00pm I see a gain in the am. Very odd that a few hours makes that big of difference on the scale for me.
WO....well if the weather holds it will be lawn mowing

I have been doing some painting of my rocks last night and almost completed three African scenes. one with elephants, one with a lion and one with giraffes. Today I will do the finial touch ups with the trees, add some depth with colors to the landscaping and setting sun in the sky. I do wish I could show you what they look like.

Diana, I am confident once you get settled into a routine the hives will calm back down again, is it centered around your mouth again?
Teri, what a concept LOL 1/2 day sundaes and have that second 1/2 on Sunday
Usc4, wow that is one busy busy day. My fitbit died about 4 months ago and I just never got around to replacing it
yangtzer great job on the 2lb drop
Rachel, You trip sounds like fun I do hope you will enjoy it. I can't wait to hear how all the precautions we have to take and how that effects just what we use to call normal travel and socializing looks like. We so loved our weekends away and now we could go but what is there to do??? The things we enjoy seeing are closed, the parks are closed, the museums are closed. I am struggling to find activities that can be done safely near me. We could drive to the ocean but not sure if even the beaches are open.
ciecie, I see you are as active as ever...thank you for being so consistent

Ok I am off, DH just informed me we need to venture into home depot....uggg.....first the mask then the long long long line of social distancing to get in. well at least it is not raining
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #201  

good afternoon! watched mass on ewtn this morning. power walked and went grocery shopping this morning. came home and had lunch. will do somethings around the house in a few minutes.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Happy Sunday!
May you have a fantastic week ahead.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #203  

good afternoon again! did 2 miles leslie sansone. will bag up the trash in a few minutes.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Hello, walked 4 mi, cleaned around the house, did a little laundry, and returned $11 in cans and bottles. My wife and daughter are making homemade mushroom ravioli. With a lemon Spanish sauce. Ready to watch the final segments of the Last Dance, which has been outstanding.

Gangster, I hope to have a better week. It will be even better next week as I will be taking a staycation.

Ciecie - I think they cancelled junk pickup this tear. I have a beat up 20 year Weberi need to trash.

Last edited by Usc4valpo; 05-17-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello all! Doing better today mentally, which is nice. But y-i-k-e-s, the scale is way up. 3.5 pounds up as of this morning. Hopefully that'll go back down...

Breakfast: yogurt w/ jam and muesli
Lunch: grilled cheese, smoothie, choc covered banana slices
Snack: dry cereal
Dinner: it was a clean out the fridge night, so a motley assortment. Chips and guac, and a bit of apple, carrot salad, roasted cauliflower, and a spoonful of yogurt to end the meal.
Exercise: 45 min hip-hop, 40 min walk

Finally, some personals! Tried to catch up all the way back from when I stopped posting almost two weeks ago.

Rachel, how do you get the chickpeas to roast to the right texture? I tried that awhile back and they came out super weird.
Teri, I too hope the leo stretches a little bit. It should, although it's very well made and should retain its shape well for a long time. It better, since I spent $60+ on it...
Nancy, your baking sounds delicious! And yes... I too had some zipper troubles trying to get the thing on. Thankfully I fixed it but there was a moment of panic!
Pixel, how was your son's birthday?
yangtzer, that's a really good question. It's not really the style that makes the difference (with some exceptions--zumba is always intense, for example), but the level of the class and the pace the teacher sets. You can teach an advanced ballet class that moves very quickly and is very fast, or you can teach it with tons of time in between exercises. Generally the less skilled the teacher is, the more time they take in between combinations because they're figuring out what steps to give, but that's only a rule of thumb; there's plenty of exceptions. When I teach, it depends on the level of the students and how much they need me to demonstrate. My 7-10s need me to dance everything because they genuinely don't know what things look like yet. My advanced students, well, I mark (that means to do it in a small version, like with my hands, for those who haven't heard the term) the combination through once and they learn it. When I teach in-studio, though, I'm always walking around so I'm very rarely still, no matter the level.
usc4palvo, only one more week before you're on vacation! woohoo! And that ravioli sounds amazing.
Diana, congrats on being done!!!!
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. Yes, I do need a vacation, and luckily that's exactly what I'm going to take. I've got some weeks off ahead since it's summer break, and while I have plenty of projects, I'm going to try to take plenty of time to rest too.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #206  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nancy Hang in there. I can relate to the coping skills. But like I said up thread. I tend to do OK at the time but have issues when everything is over. The hives were on my legs and arms. This morning was better.

Total Approx 1210 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (570 calories)
Panera strawberry poppy seed salad w/BHF's ranch 270 caloires
later 2 single serve bags of chips (I had a moment) 300 calories

Dinner (400 calories)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
watermelon 150 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:11 PM   #207  

good night all! did 2 miles leslie sansone this afternoon. bagged up the trash. will put it out tomorrow. did a load of laundry. put one load in the dryer. folded it. put the second load in.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:27 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

wow, first post today. just came back from morning walk.
It’s a new day and a new week starts off fresh to accomplish your best, happy Monday everyone!
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am wanting to incorporate a new flexibility/stretch program. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I have hundreds of workouts. I'm sure I can find something.

Last night: Basic stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1210 +
Weigh In: 184.4
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 18

Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Jean had gone to church for years and had always known she was welcome there. Barbara attended a church across town from Jean's, and she was beginning to think it just wasn't right for her anymore. Both women saw each other at an exercise class that met on Monday mornings. One morning Barbara lamented about her disillusionment with her church, and Jean invited her to come to church with her on Sunday morning. Barbara immediately felt at home in Jean's church, and the two women developed a strong relationship. Faith met faith at an exercise/weight class, and a beautiful friendship was born.

Today's thought: I will use my diet for the glory of God.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:49 AM   #210  

Default May 2020

Good Morning!

Diana: What do you do for the itching?

Princess Roja: It's not you...it's the scale... ...I wish... I have gotten swimsuits off ebay. I don't know if that is a good place to look for leotards...

Hi ya. Yesterday, I biked 30, walked 20 minutes, filled a bucket with weeds, repotted some more seedlings, and took some potted plants out of the garage. I am going to have to move stuff around outdoors to get the rest of the plants moved. Diet okay. Yesterday, I had a half a sundae (for breakfast...). I need to be more vigilant around the chocolate cheerios and the rice krispie treats...I am at a 26.2 pound wt. loss. I hope this half sundae restriction helps me reach my goal. I wish I knew how to lose weight without trying...without restricting food, etc. I am happy to be getting some of this garden stuff done. The weather has been perfect in the evening to be outdoors...

I have been watching Masterpiece Theatre World on Fire and Masterpiece Mystery (Baptiste, The Woman in White). I usually like Masterpiece shows...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote