Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up March 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #2  

have a telethon for the local children's hospital on. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

happy March to all, lets March those pounds off....kidding...not...bad joke sorry

Family all headed home now, I am tired, yes I over did it...logged it was pretty ugly but it is just one day...and not a normal one at that...so poof I will wave my magic dust and the gain I know is there will be gone in not 1 or 2 but 5 days of clean eating. can I get an ahmen?....yep feeling frisky after a few glasses of wine but now back to reality and bed...then tomorrow ...hello 5 mile hike
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #4  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

Sorry no individuals today, I’m on my phone and it’s hard with the format.

Big chatty ramble ahead

Being a tall person and in the beginning of weight loss, 18lbs is “quick” and really doesn’t make much of a dent in terms of appearance, which sucks. Last time I lost a bunch of weight, it wasn’t until I got at the high 180’s that there was a visible change.

Anyway, the last leg of the week looked like: as expected, I’m not feeling well now. Not as bad as the kids were but still not awesome.
Went out to dinner and stayed keto and didn’t eat much, but because I don’t have a calorie count for the foods I’m guessing that I probably surpassed my 1200 by a few hundred and that’s ok.

I’m on day 43 of <10g carbs a day, self 5! This is both the easiest and hardest thing I’ve done. Easy because I’m not hungry at a deficit, hard mentally because it’s so limited. Eggs, cheese, chicken, spinach. Lather rinse repeat. Everyone had birthday cake last night, I just got to smell it There were mashed potatoes and glazed meats...drool. Someday soon I might get a bite of those again. For now, it is what it is.

Off to do a big clean of the house, that should get some exercise in. Our home is 4000sqft/5.5bath, no carpets. It takes hours to clean and with 2 long hair cats and one of my kids being the grossest kid on the planet, it needs a lot of elbow grease
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:49 AM   #5  

Hi everyone

I am new here, and joined because I wanted to have some level of accountability out in the universe.

I have been up and down in terms of weight for a while - I lose weight, then I let old habits fly and I end up back at square one.

However, I was dx with Coeliac Disease last month, and while this wasn't great news, it takes away most of the foods that I turned to when I was 'bored' of healthy eating previously, takeaway and/or eating out. I am now 4 weeks on GF diet (and fresh, healthy eating), and I have already lost 4kgs (8.8lbs).

My beginning weight was 90.2kg (198.9lbs) and goal weight is 70kg (154.2lbs) - my current weight is 86.2 (190lbs). I am a bridesmaid for a wedding in two months, and I'd like to get as close to my goal as possible (I realise my goal is unattainable in 9 weeks).

Today has probably been my worst day so far over the past 4 weeks (hence searching for accountability!) as I was at a party, although not being able to eat the cakes, pastries and sausage rolls, it could have been a lot worse.. I don't do a lot of exercise (I used to do more), but I hope to turn this around now I have been doing better on the diet side of things.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to finding encouragement in your own journeys.

M
Mikayla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:56 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Mikayla9 Hi and welcome to the check-in. Looks like you are off to a great start, you have a plan and it will help with your health needs.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:01 AM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I needed to get up an hour earlier this morning and I didn't get enough sleep. The dinner last night was in moderation and within my calorie range but the sodium got me. I even prepared it myself. It's so frustrating. Keep Marching forward, though. That's for you, Nancylmrn.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1455 +
Weigh In: 195.6
Up: .8

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 1

Romans 5:3

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience.

The growl of his stomach sounded like a ferocious beast. He felt light-headed and nervous. He kept telling himself that he couldn't really be hungry; it was just his imagination. The gnawing hunger would not abate. Before long he just felt like crying. As much as he wanted to lose weight, he just couldn't face the beast that growled in his midsection. In disgust, he pushed away from his desk and headed out to eat. A hard part of dieting is showing our stomach who is boss. When our stomachs rule, we lose. Turn to the Lord when weakness sets in. He will see us through.

Today's thought: I'm not letting my stomach push me around anymore!
Old 03-01-2020, 07:32 AM   #8  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, what a blissful scenario of you and your cats! I know exactly what you mean. In Heaven, I plan to spend a lot of time like that with ALL my cats .

Nancy

Pixel, Good for you to get your house clean! Sounds like a huge job with lots of exercise. Hang in there, kiddo. Your 18# down is a definite victory.

Mikayla Sounds like you're starting out really well. Awesome on your 8.9# loss. We look forward to having you share your journey alongside us .

Yesterday, I took in 1270 calories. I weighed in at 154. Down half a pound. I'll take it! Today I plan to go off the plan for part of the day because of dinner at my mother-in-law's, but will still aim for around 1200 calories intake.

Today's plan: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies, calcium.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #10  

good morning again! got busy getting things done around the house. will finally be having breakfast.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, no time to chat but weekly average 70.4, phew no gain.

Have just eaten a whole family bag of tortilla chips with melted cheese but in my defense tomorrow I have to start running every morning which means...4.30am starts. Yup. Fun :-)

(Diana...keep marching on! Love it!!!)
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #12  

jaimsy, good for you for starting a running routine. i just had breakfast. i'm also almost all caught up on the things i wash once a month. put the last load in the dryer a few minutes ago.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #13  

Default March 2020

Good Morning!

Thanks (again) Diana for restarting the thread. It means a great deal to me.

Rachel: I believe that Joseph Campbell once said that "where you find love is where you find God". I feel that way about my cats. Right now one of my cats is gaining wt. and the other is losing wt. I need to figure out what to do about it...

Welcome Mikaela: Hope you have a lot of success here....

Nancy: I share your frustration regarding wt. loss...

Pixel: When I was young, I had a small apt. and 2 long haired cats...and had to vacuum everyday...you can imagine the hair when I did not vacuum for a week...

WELL...2 months ago, I lost 5 lbs. This past month I gained 3 lbs... Oooh. I don't like that. But I still have good news. It is much easier walking downstairs. It is much easier biking. And part of the time my resistance is higher on the bike. And I am using 5 pound wts. on my ankles for knee exercises and that is much easier. And sometimes I use both a 5 lb and 3 lb wt. is each hand when wt. lifting.

Yesterday, I took a day off. I did not exercise. I ate a double serving of cookies, a small sundae, and a jr. frostie. It was not one of my better days...but it could have been a lot worse. When I was at the grocery store, I looked at the pastries and the ice cream, but I passed on them. This am, I biked and wt. lifted...

I need to think about willingness every day...what I am willing to do, to lose the wt. I think maybe if I give up sweets 2 or 3 days a week, the weight will come off. (I think I have said this before...)
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:39 AM   #14  

welcome to the group mikayla! got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will power walk to church in a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Welcome back, Everyone!