Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: veggie burger, smoothie, 2 pk fruit snacks
Snack: 2 small cookies, oat snack ball
Dinner: french toast + scrambled eggs w/ bell pepper
Exercise: 20? min ballet, some massage/stretch time

Today:
Lunch: veggie burger, smoothie, 1 square dark chocolate
planned snack: 1-2 oat snack balls
planned dinner: baked potatoes, maybe with other veggies and grapes
exercise: 90 min ballet class

ciecie, you are so inspiring! You are just so consistent.
Jaimsy, that must be so awkward with your neighbors! I hope they are safe--I've heard so much about domestic violence spiking during shut-downs. On a lighter note, I have those days with food too, especially when I'm tired.
Rachel, the raspberry muffins are indeed from SBA! I made the jumbo raspberry chocolate chip ones (just made them mini) but I recommend the ones with banana added instead. If you search raspberry muffins on the page, they're the first two results, but I think I remember liking the skinny banana ones better. These ones were very tasty, it's just that I like my muffins to be a little heartier and healthier so they hold me.
Teri, congrats on the continuing weight loss! You're inspiring me to be more consistent so I can post happy numbers too. Hope you feel less edgy soon... it's an edgy time.
Nancy, I haven't experienced that with sugar-free foods myself but I've heard lots of similar stories. I think it's the sugar substitutes. Sorry to hear about the stress-eating... it's so hard to resist these days.
Syckgirlsfv, what a shame they discontinued them! I'd totally try them. And yeah, the choc pumpkin muffins are from a website called Sally's Baking Addiction. I've made a ton of recipes from there, both sweet and savory, and I've only found one I wasn't fond of. Can't remember which one though, oops.
Welcome, zanaida! The best way is to measure everything you eat to within an inch of its life--food scales and the whole nine yards--but that's pretty hard to do long-term, in part because (during normal times) you go out to eat at a restaurant or a friend's house and can only guess. You get pretty good at estimating after awhile though.
yangtzer, congrats on the 2 pounds! It was ballet and part of a modern class. A standard advanced/professional ballet class is 75-90 minutes so anything less than that feels wildly short to me. I usually take class/rehearsal multiple times a week and teach dance for 3-5 hours at a stretch. But it isn't anywhere near as intense as Zumba (which is absolutely dance!), and you do build up stamina after a while. You might take 2-3 minutes to learn a combination and then spend 2 minutes doing it, so it's like half on, half off. One of the reasons why dancers still need cardio training!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1380 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (565 Calories)
Chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 340 calories
3 fried shrimp 225

Exercise:
No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening and stay healthy!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #48  

good night all! will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes.
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Morning!

Today - 68.4kg.

Teri - I hope you start to feel better. Do you think finding some guided relaxation stuff or chi gong breathing exercises on YouTube might help? It's awful feeling that way so I hope it passes but these are strange times. Hey, at least you're doing well with the weight loss!

Rachel - thank you for your support :-) I hope your husband is doing ok (and you too, obviously lol).

Joe - congratulations on your loss as well! 2 pounds is such great going, especially on lockdown and well done on a whole week of IF! It really works for some people so I'm pleased for you :-)

The neighbours are not new but the man has never been at home all day every day before, usually he goes out and works long hours. Also I think a lot of people are heavily reliant on their extended families to support them, so not being able to have them come over is another stressor.

We'll see....as Princessroja says let's hope it doesn't get too quiet!!!

Nancy - I'm sorry that this is so tough for you, especially with your mum being in her 80's you must be worrying so much. This is how I try to minimise my evening eating (for what it's worth): dinner at 5.30pm / weigh myself at 7pm (weirdly specific because I weigh after little one has gone to bed) / fizzy water (sometimes a little fresh juice added for flavour) - and I mean I'll drink a whole litre / gum for something to chew. Sometimes I'll have a chocolate prepackaged pancake because a) they are only 100cals and b) they taste like cardboard so one is enough!!!

Princessroja - I remember that website from last time, thanks for sharing it again, I love browsing it (even if I don't cook lol!) Also forgot to say a while ago - belly dancing!!! That sounds like such fun, did you find it tough because the rhythm is so different to ballet? Was it a live online class? How are you finding them - teaching and doing?

Ciecie - where you live sounds wonderful :-)

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Jaimsy; 04-04-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:02 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zanaida,

Jaimsy, my husband is doing very well......no more cold symptoms. Thanks for asking! I'm good too....I never caught his cold. Coronavirus test was negative for my husband. Iowa is now starting to get bombarded with positive tested people so of course we'll be taking great precautions, as we're supposed to.

Nancy, hang in there, chickie girl. Say, are you a reader? I just finished an engrossing novel by Delia Owens called "Where the Crawdads Sing." I think it's a bestseller now so not hard to find.

Teri, You're off to a great start for April

Diana, a simple cloth mask can be made with a bandana and two rubber bands or pony tail bands. Look up online how to fold it. Super easy.

Yangzter, I had to chuckle at your solution to the noise problem. You could be an ambassador

I took in 1100 calories yesterday. Did not get my exercise in.

Today's goals: NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill and stretching.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I seem to be doing better with my eating. I was binging more, prior to this virus thing. I'm thinking part of my anxiety/stress is being around so many people at church. Keep in mind our church is very small so it's not like there are a lot of people, but I guess it's more than I can deal with. Also, I'm not teaching in Children's church. I think it's the personality dynamics that cause anxiety. I can deal with people in a work aspect and that doesn't bother me for some reason. Out side of work is a different story. Also, with my eating, I'm not having croutons and bacon in my salads, that I would normally get out. Even though the calories are posted at most restaurants I think the calories are a bit higher than what is listed. When all of this ends, I will need to make sure that I order my salads more plain.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 192
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and have a great start to your weekend!

I didn't really like the devotion part of today's post, scripture is wonderful though.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 4

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Is there anything worse than skinny people who act as if dieting were no big deal? It is so difficult to hear others criticize our efforts when they have absolutely no idea what we are going through. However, we need to understand that the comments of those who don't understand us really shouldn't affect us. The Lord loves us as we are, and He truly does understand the struggles we grapple with. He has compassion on His children, and He will deal with those who are cruel or unthinking in their dealings with us. Listen to the Lord, not to others who don't know us nearly as well.

Today's thought: Beware skinny people with fat mouths!

Old 04-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #52  

Default April 2020

Good Morning!

Joe: I usually attend a few plant swaps and then plant a few vegetables amid my flowers hoping that the critters won't find them. It is usually tomatoes and some vine like cukes or pumpkin or squash. Sometimes I have herbs or lettuce in pots. I'd like to make taboulli or some Greek salad this year, so I need to get some parsley started. I have some raised beds (from a kit) up on a hill, but it is too hard to carry up dirt to fill them...so I usually just fill them with pots....and put some pulled weeds to rot in there. Check the ordinances before getting a chicken coop. I saw a coop on the curb in my neighborhood...Love your neighborly response....

Rachel: Like your bandana idea...I told a quilt making family member they could make a mask for me with little kitties.

Jaimsy: I feel anxious if I eat too much salt or nuts...also feel that way if I don't get some ice cream.... That is interest about using vacuum bags to make masks. I am carrying some dust masks in the car. I used to have a respirator to filter out small particles when I was building a boat...I wish I knew where it was...I think I should use a dust mask when I plant seeds...

PrincessRoja: Looks like you are doing the right thing, the lite thing...

Nancy: Hope you find something that tastes good, that doesn't give you health problems, and helps you lose weight...I was surprised to lose wt. with Taco Bell burritos...but I don't think it would help you with your hands...

Zanaida: I used Richard Simmons' food mover to get started...no calorie counting, no writing down food, just choosing food groups. Got it for around $15 on the net. There's an electronic version...don't know anything about it. I wish there was a tablet version...

I have good news...I met my month's goal. I am at 25.3 pound wt. loss. I don't know why. I overate salty potato sticks among other things.... I did bike yesterday. I had a nasty foot cramp earlier, but it is gone...

Have a good day!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #53  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #54  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

hello my lovely chickies---fly by this morning and just jotting down notes to self:
Well I am suspending all WI's until further notice or I just can't take the suspense. I have logged all my foods and the picture is not pretty. If you can have the olympic's for over eating I get the gold this past week. Not one day did I stay even close to my point budget. With easter candies and adult beverages

So today I am going to scour my cookbooks and recipe blogs to plan new foods for the week. Just something to keep it interesting. Boredom is my no 1 enemy and now that I have some extra time on my hands I want to try new food combinations now that I do not have the time restriction. I am also going to prep my snacks so I have grab and go for those munchies that hit all day long as well as evening blunders. So I will need to pick up some fruit (only have 2 apples and 1/2 of personal watermelon left)
Lunch and dinner is planned today with two new recipes using my instant pot. Plus going to make a pot of black beans for nacho's/taco's/chili this week.
I will post the lunch and dinner foods later after I have cooked and taste tested. both asian flavors though

TTFN

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #55  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

well, my weight is not obliging with what I want! I weighed in at 167 I should be under 160. I know about 4 pounds of it is water but the rest is NOT. I have got to get a hold of myself.

Yesterday went kind of awry...started out good but then boss decided to order from Cheesecake Factory because of a coworker birthday. DH further contributed by ordering Thai food last night.
Menu yesterday:
B - turkey burger patty (plain)
L - skinnylicious Asian chicken salad (Cheesecake Factory) and sourdough bread
D - 1/2 slice (gave DH other hafl) banana cream cheesecake (again, Cheesecake Factory), around 5 pieces of DH's orange chicken and a few bites of rice
2 shots 99 Butterscotch and 2 glasses of wine (not all together LOL)

So yeah I guess I can't wonder why the scale is being stubborn this morning! I will clean up my act if it ends up being the end of me
So far having coffee. No plans for breakfast just yet, thinking of skipping it and playing my new PS4 game until lunch. It's supposed to rain but we will try to go out and walk, and DH may still bbq later.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #56  

good afternoon! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Just came back from jogging, feeling good

The buyer of my house completed their home inspection and ask $4500 for repair. It's ridiculous. Most of the repairs are not structural, just nice to have.

Last edited by yangtzer; 04-04-2020 at 03:21 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:20 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1555 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (250 calories)
Frittata made w/
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories

Dinner (1065 calories)
earlier in the day: popcorn 350 calories
cheese burger made w/ bun 140 calories
grilled meat 250 calories
cheese 70 calories
ketchup 25 calories
strawberry thingy made with fresh cut up strawberries 75 calories
dessert shell 120 caloires
1/3 vanilla pudding cup 35 calores

Exercise
40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 04-04-2020, 10:22 PM   #59  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday my evening went more or less as planned, just with more food haha. 2 oat balls and 2 fruit snack packs as snack, and cereal with my baked potatoes.

Today:
Lunch: roast beef and pepper jack sandwich, smoothie, 1.25 squares dark chocolate
Snack: 2 pumpkin chocolate muffin (made a double batch for snacks, yay!)
Dinner: za'atar roasted salmon with tomatoes and sweet potatoes, a bit of couscous w/ lemon greek yogurt sauce. another muffin. made a batch of dark chocolate bark with dried apricots, walnuts, and pepitas and ate some... oh my word it is SO good. I didn't plan on it being *quite* this good, lol. I haven't been cooking much lately and it was so nice to cook something fancy-ish!
Exercise: 45 min ballet class

Jaimsy, it was indeed an online class. You can find a ton of classes (and also resources for watching dance) for styles and all skill levels at dancingalonetogether.org. It's a fantastic resource. As far as teaching, all my classes have moved to online, some synchronous and some async. I much prefer teaching (and dancing) in person and can't wait to get back to it. I found bellydancing very different and definitely harder to get the hang of. Luckily it was a verrrrrry easy class so I didn't feel out of my depth... just awkward and uncoordinated haha. One thing I've noticed is that it's much harder to learn movement from a screen than in person. I'm usually very fast at picking up combinations and do it just by watching most times. But at home, I have to watch it AND say it out loud AND do it with my feet or mark it with my hands or both to get even relatively simple stuff. It's very weird and also humbling. So if you try a class and can't get what to do, don't blame yourself. Try an in-person class someday and it'll probably go a lot better.
glad to hear you've lost even more, Teri! and sorry to hear things aren't going so well, nancy (and syckgirlsfv). I always find I do much better when I plan out my snacks and make something nice, so I hope it works well for you too.
Diana, every time I see your posts I'm reminded that I need to buy some Siggi's yogurt again one of these days. It's so good!
yangtzer, how frustrating about the house. I hope you're able to bargain them down a bit.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote