March 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 25 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #361  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #362  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 194.2
Down: .2 (This is a NSV for me. I didn't want to make anything different for me so I ate what I prepared for my DH. I showed a loss and this is awesome. I have to admit something though. I prepared my plate and Something spoke to me saying that I needed to put some of the "homemade hamburger helper back". I obeyed. )

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
March 26

Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee: and shall say, 'Destroy them.'

It's strange to think of food as 'the enemy,' but that's the best way to look at it if we want to be effective in our diets. Taking off the pounds is a battle. In every battle we need ammunition. As Christ-ians, our ammunition comes from the Spirit of God that dwells within us all the time. God becomes our fortress; our refuge against the assaults of fattening foods. If we think we can fight the battle alone, we will find it doesn't take long before we tire. At those times we will wish we had someone to take over. Thank the Lord that God is there, and He never tires of fighting alongside His children.

Today's thought: Dieting makes losers winners!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #363  

Default March 2020

Hi!I did not bike 2 days ago, but I biked last night. Diet okay except sundae 2 days ago, yogurt with sprinkles yesterday. Down 21.4 two days ago, down 20.3 today....My weight is fickle and wants to go in a different direction than I...

Rachel: My boy cat has been really ill, puking and not eating, losing wt. It turns out he has a urinary track infection...something found in really old cats and he is only 2 years go. He may have hair balls too. I hope that the treatment works...he is now eating, but just a little...I feel really distressed when my cats are not doing well. I ended up shopping the past 2 days, and I need to go out again to get some cat stuff...I have some syringes to squirt water in his mouth and a larger food syringe, if he does not eat. It is not easy to give cats meds, etc...if they don't want it.

Diana, Nancy: It's really hard dealing with chronic pain...Hope you find lasting solutions.

Pixel: Is there an embassy that can help you out? (The WATER!!!) Can you order stuff via the net. Maybe there's a washable litter/box you can get. My cats used to go in laundry baskets dirty or clean clothes. So I had to put them away from the cats. Maybe look on net for what to use when you have no litter...

I have a 12 glass bowl with glass lid I use for microwaving. It is just the right size for a meal---I just add the meat, the veggies, the grains, the flavorings, and zap it and I have something healthy to eat...I try to freeze fresh veggies before they go bad, freeze small servings of meat. I recently found some packages of precooked brown rice/quinoa. It is very convenient. Quinoa is supposed to have a lot of protein in it... Since I have been eating it, I think I am not as tired...( I am just guessing.)

Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #364  

good morning again! will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Just came back from shopping. They only allowed certain number of people inside, so it took a while. I was all sweaty when I came out.
Lovely sunny weather today, plan to go out for a power walk soon.

Princessroja
..good job getting the exercise done before work, so you don't need to worry about it what healthy snacks are you baking?

ciecie..do you post twice a day, beginning and end of day? seems like a good idea.

Diana3271.. what version of Hamburger Helper did you make? I heard people use califlower to make a low carb version. haha.

Jaimsy..it's not easy to deal with all the anxieties at once. go for a walk or your favorite excersie will definitly calm you down and very theraputic. do you think the stimulus check will help?

nancylmrn..can you mail deliver the medicine?

Rachel1234..good job reaching your daily goal.hope the DH situation gets better.

Soon2BSlender..it's harder to keep on track when you are trapped inside. I can certainly relate to that what's your favorite healthy snacks btw?

Pixel..congrats on the 1.6lb. how many employees do you have? I hope the stimulus bill can help with your business.

Last edited by yangtzer; 03-26-2020 at 03:20 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #366  

good afternoon! yangtzer, i post when i get the chance. sometimes it's more than twice a day.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #367  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good day to all
Well I did not get on the scale today, not after the last few days of gaining and I can't seem to dial in the stress mode. Today is my first day of 'shelter at home' DH and I did get out for a walk, but all the parks are now closed.
WO yes I did a workout at home 50 min worth of cardio and strength lower body training. whew

A few more days of eating clean then I will get back on the scale. but as always my downfall foods are here and at least when I was going into the office I could only eat what I brought. I can see how that helped me. I may need to do something like that here at my house and put my food in a box and that is all I get.....that really is sounding like an idea

I hope everyone is well and caring for yourselves. I pray that they see signs that the # of cases decreases in the next few weeks.

back later...shower time that workout was brutal
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #368  

good evening! got a letter in today's mail that i'm being temporarily layed off from the job that i had already decided to take a voluntary lay off from. i wasn't surprised as they closed their day programs to help stop the spread of the virus. most of the staff that work in the day programs are now working at the group homes to help with coverage there.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #369  
Trying to live below 200

yangtzer It wasn't anything fancy. I cooked down the hamburger meat with some red and green peppers, mushrooms and onions. Added in some more spices. Cooked the noodles, made a cheese sauce, and combined it all. Very easy and tasty without the msg and stuff that I don't like.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:48 PM   #370  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I have a confession to make. I was trying to get something out of a closet and DH has a lot of stuff pile in front of the door. I kicked something and I think I split my toe nail. I kicked it out of frustrating and aggravation with the stuff being there. Of course no harm was done to the item. I can't believe I did that. Why do we do stupid thing? Has anyone else split a toe nail? It's the big toe and split from the top to about half way down. (I think) I took a peek and then decided I didn't want to look at it.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner 7000 Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:
No workout to report because I had a busy day and couldn't fit one in.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 03-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 220/152/133

Height: 5'5

Today - 68.7kg

I ate loads yesterday (chocolate / cake / chunky bread with butter and jam) and did less than 2,000 steps according to my fitbit.

I haven't left the house since I was sent home from work on Monday, only to go in the garden. I think about going for a walk / run but to be honest I'm too nervous. There is literally no one around, which makes me wonder what would happen if the wrong person decided to be around and I was all by myself? Is that crazy? If it is tell me, I can take it :-)

Joe - genuinely don't know. It was a successful company with several small offices. They are doing their best but if clients can't come in to see us, work dries up pretty quickly. I think the leadership team/owners are good people though. They will do everything they can but this is so unprecedented.

Teri - your poor boy cat! At least you have a diagnosis and medicine now hopefully he starts to get better. The problem is they seem so tough and they can't tell us what's wrong so we don't know until it gets really obvious!!!

Diana - oooo, that sounds so painful!!! No, I've never split a nail like that, but I have a wonky toe from a break. The NHS refused to straighten it because it wasn't bad enough grrrr!!! Probably a bad time to revisit that now...

Princessroja & Rachel- I'm so impressed by you both. Princess getting your exercise in and Rachel sticking to your cals despite the stress and worry. Great work :-)

Ciecie - I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you ok?

Ok. I need to stretch but 90% of me is 'meh, what's the point?' sigh.

Hope you all have a good Friday :-)
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, ouch on that toe nail. I guess it'll either grow out or fall out?

Teri, I'm so sorry about boy cat not feeling well. How is he doing today? I can relate to the distressed feeling when a cat or other pet is not eating or doing well. It's alarming and you feel helpless. Sounds like you've got the tools there to help him to eat but that is not always easy, as you pointed out. Keep me posted please.

Pixel, you are frequently on my mind. How are you doing?

Jaimsy, I think you are wise to be cautious if you go out by yourself to exercise. It IS a weird time and there are some nuts out there. Do you have stairs at home you could run up and down?

I lost a pound . I did not do the treadmill yesterday, but met my other goals. Took in 1230 calories on the Plan.

Today's goals:
NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 03-27-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #373  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I hope I'm not the only person to reacts immaturely from time to time. I will try to make today a better day.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 193.6
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 27

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I can remember a time when I was on the verge of tears because I was so hungry. I had fasted for almost five straight days, and some friends of mine walked in eating cheeseburgers. The smell assaulted my nose, and the sight of the burgers caused my stomach to clutch and growl. I look back on that incident now and realize that I could not have made it, if it hadn't been for the Lord. When I think of God as my shield, I think of all the times I feel like giving up because I'm too weak to fight. At those times I'm all the more thankful that I have God to rest upon.

Today's thought: When my stomach attacks, God will defend me!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #374  

good morning! jaimsy, i'm okay. like i said i wasn't surprised about being laid off. will have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

I want to try intermittent fasting for a week.
Today is day 1. I'll only eat between 10am-5pm.

They told me to work from home until further notice. I'm working on the computer anyway, no need to be in the office.

Last edited by yangtzer; 03-27-2020 at 10:59 AM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote