Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Day 3-work from home.

I walked 8000 steps near my apartment. A lot of people do the same. We try not to bump into each other 😂

I think I should stop checking the stock market now, making me really nervous. I have a house to sell in Georgia too. My realtor and I decide to list it next week as planned. I really don't know if it's a good time.

Things changed so fast. It's like everything was
so perfect yesterday.

I guess my health is my priority now.
Stay home,stay healthy every one 🙏

Last edited by yangtzer; 03-20-2020 at 09:41 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:46 PM   #287  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1690 calories + Didn't need the piece of cake

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (875 Calories)
side salad (romaine, carrots, tomatoes) w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
grilled sirloin steak 350 calories
green beans cooked with 1 small potato in there 125 calories
Pepperidge Farms coconut cake slice (1/8) 250 calories (shouldn't have had this. I had a watermelon to cut up, but I don't have a lot of room in the refrigerator so I'll do that tomorrow.)

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn, sculpt (upper) and legs w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #288  

good night all! will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Morning! Today 68.3kg.

Yesterday my 10k event got cancelled so now I'm just done with big effort based exercise. I'll stretch etc but no running as no point.

Nancy - everyone hates Burpees, surely?!? I shudder at the memory of doing them at school.

Teri - yes, definitely keep with the knee exercises! Knees are important, as are brakes lol :-)

Joe - great work getting 8k steps in even during this time. The image of all of you walking and trying to avoid each other is hilarious.

Diana - poor Bad Becky! She must cause so many troubles for herself without meaning too. I think we all know someone like that :-)

The tarmac on our road got laid yesterday so people are still coming to work and getting stuff done. The Prime Minister announced all pubs and restaurants are to close immediately but honestly I suspect here people will just ignore that. It is market day, we'll drive through and see if the stalls open and people show up. I wouldn't be surprised if they do... people in this town at least seem to be taking a lackadaisical approach.

Have fun everyone :-)

Last edited by Jaimsy; 03-21-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, you asked if I had a favorite "go-to" on the NS Plan. I really like the snacks...the popcorn, the bars, the ice cream sandwiches, etc!!! For lunch I like best the wrap-type-deal which has a pretzel -type bread with cheese and spinach inside. I like the mac and cheese best for dinner or the manicotti. And for breakfast my fave is the maple oatmeal. I've chosen the vegetarian plan.

Yangzter, nice that you were able to get outside for some walking, even though you had to veer off other people

Yesterday I met my goals and took in 1200 calories. I think, I hope, I am learning about my bad habits which caused me to gain weight in the first place. By being on this plan I can see where I've taken in too many "hidden" calories in the past and have not accurately counted my calories. Here have been my downfalls in the past: too much salad dressing, too many big bowls of granola, too many snack crackers, too much cream in my coffee, too big of slices of cheese, too much butter on my popcorn. That all added up over time. In order to keep off any weight I lose, I'm going to have to be much more diligent and accurate in my calorie-counting after I'm off the NS Plan. So I really am learning about myself and my habits; I just need to IMPLEMENT that knowledge to maintain any loss.

Oh, while I'm on a roll, here are a few things I'm doing differently while on the plan: I put milk in my coffee; for salad dressing I've been using low-fat cottage cheese and salsa; my cereal is more accurately measured; haven't been eating the snack crackers or butter on my popcorn, for now.

Thanks for letting me share my analyses.

Today's goals: NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill, stretching.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #291  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:52 AM   #292  

Default March 2020

GOOD MORNING!

I am up about a pound or pound and a half. I think, I think I need to buckle down and make my goal of losing 2 pounds by the end of the month. I think I have 10 days to do this. That should not be difficult...just exercise and give up dessert for a couple of days...easy as cake, I mean as not eating cake. I just saw some tp cakes on tv...out of a bakery in Philly.

Joe: I am a dessert omnivore. Well, I don't like everything, but there sure are a lot of things I like. Yes, I like tiramisu. I had it a couple of times maybe 10 years ago. I grew up in a multiethnic area. My first friends were Italian...and I loved the pizza, the lasagna, the pizzelles their mother made...There's a restaurant called Lidia's from NYC that the Italians personally asked her to open locally. I think food is a bridge that brings people together across ethnicity, across different beliefs, etc...I don't have a favorite dessert, but I really miss my mom's apple pies and peach pies. I usually get some kind of pie for my birthday instead of cake...but I really like cake, too.

Diana: Hope you are doing well. Locally, a grocery store was hiring drivers. Another business got a contract to make respirators and is hiring. When I got my last car, I was torn between a smaller car and a larger car where the service would come from the dealership. I ended up with the smaller car. I have a mechanic whose family serviced my family when I very young...but I know that the trend now is for dealerships to do everything... I don't know if it is like that for trucks...

Rachel: My boy cat came up to my girl and bit her this am. She was in my lap...I think he is losing weight. I think he has some kind a health problem. Maybe, I'll go back to the vet or go to a different vet...I don't like when I go to the vet and they are not able to help.

CieCie: Hope you found the badge. I get really annoyed when I can't find stuff...

The virus in now in my local community...where I shop, etc. It is someone from the school district...The people at the fast food restaurants I went to yesterday were not wearing gloves...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #293  

good morning again! i haven't found my id badge yet. i will keep looking for it.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #294  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Rachel Great job with the analyzing. That's exactly what we need to do and then continue to apply it to our lives, hence "lifestyle change".

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1690 +
Weigh In: 194
Down: .4 (I am back down to my low for the month)

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 21

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, 'I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.'

'I hate Sheila,' Karen said. 'Ever since she lost weight, she's been impossible to be around. She thinks she's so special.' Unfortunately, Karen suffered from a common problem. Sheila hadn't changed. Karen just felt guilty whenever Sheila came around, because she wasn't able to lose weight like Sheila had. Instead of sharing in Sheila's victory, Karen fell victim to jealousy and a bad conscience. Karen needs to understand that Sheila's victory is not her defeat. God will work with each of us where we are. It takes a brave person to celebrate when others succeed where we have not.

Today's thought: I will rejoice at the example of others who have lost weight!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:01 AM   #295  

had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Rest day!
Down 1 lbs this week.

Last edited by yangtzer; 03-21-2020 at 03:15 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #297  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good day to all of you!
WI up again....this past week has been so hard for me to focus with such changes in my routines. I am reining it in and attended my first ever virtual ww meeting. Of course is was a bunch of us all trying to figure out how it really was going to work but it did inspire me to go back to basic, meal plans etc.
WO will be mowing my every growing lawn! but will do that after my lunch

yangtzer congrats on that pound, I found it and it is now glued to my hips for the next week or so
Rachel, it is really cool when you can look back on food logs and really see how food impacted your life and those changes you make are showing the difference.
Teri I am right there with you with being up this week. We still have 7-9 days to get it back off. We will ....darn it....We will....note to self, need another mantra

going to scoot and do some meal prep,
Just got back from the grocery store....now I know folks are crazy---there is food, very limited paper products BUT no cat or dog food?????Whats up with that??
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello, all! So glad you like the muffins, Rachel! Didn't have time to check in yesterday. Turns out that my studio is putting everything online so basically I have all my normal classes, and I'm taking over a whole bunch of classes for other people too. So I'm actually swamped. So is hubby, since a bunch of people are out sick at his work (yes... one with COVID) and he's working a bunch of extra hours to fill in the gaps. So we've been eating whatever is at hand.

Yesterday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: veggie burger, smoothie, banana bites
snack: 2 pk fruit snacks? can't remember
dinner: pizza, apple, ?

Today:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: veggie burger, smoothie, banana bites
snack: small handful of veggie sticks
dinner: chick-fil-a 1/2 chicken sandwich, some fries, milkshakes... yikes, so much fast food these last few weeks. no bueno!

No exercise either day... if it hasn't been work or necessary for survival, it hasn't gotten done.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #299  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #300  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy day and I'm just now getting back to my computer. I'm exhausted!

yangtzer Great job on the pound!

nancylmrn The change in schedule and routine is very challenging for sure. We eat out a lot due to our work schedule. My DH likes meals, no sandwiches. So I have to find easy meals and things that are not too time consuming. We are also doing some take out.

Total Approx 1335 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (420 calories)
Chick fil a market salad w/BHF's ranch 340
dark chocolate truffle 80 calories

Dinner (675 calories)
grilled salmon 250 calories
1/2 serving orzo pasta w/asparagus and topped with shredded Italian cheese 225 calories
watermelon 200 calories

Exercise
30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-21-2020 at 11:37 PM.