3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   1520 days to go... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/318575-1520-days-go.html)

Pipsicle 05-05-2020 12:33 AM

Created a small calorie deficit and as usual, I'll take it! Managed to remember to start my fast. Went on my three walks too. Am I there yet?

Pipsicle 05-06-2020 01:19 AM

Still churning along. I completed a 17 hour fast, created a larger than planned calorie deficit and did three walks, to be repeated on Thursday. Tomorrow I will create a calorie deficit and will go walking but I will start the fast rather than end it. So Monday and Wednesday are the same. Tuesday and Thursday are the same. Then Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the same. Although, I try to sneak in a shorter fast starting on Saturday and I think I will cut back to one walk on Friday.

On another note, I wanted to talk about food. I may be the only one that feels this way but I am really ashamed of what I eat. My diet is similar to what a middle school kid would choose. I haven't developed more sophisticated tastes. I feel like if folks really knew what I was eating they'd be judgmental (e.g.: no wonder she's fat - look at what she's eating; doesn't she know anything about nutrition). Sometimes I think about posting what I am eating because I think it could help someone. Since I am making consistent progress, they could see you don't have to be extreme in your eating. Probably about a decade ago, there was this story about a high school teacher who lost weight. He lost weight by only eating at McDonald's based on a meal plan created by his students. Creating the meal plan was a assignment for his students. He gave them certain parameters they had to follow. It was really interesting; I may have to see if I can look the story up again. Anyway back to me, I have been thinking about "flash" posting what I eat. I'll put it up for one day and then take it down.

Pipsicle 05-06-2020 11:17 PM

On-track. Created a larger than planned calorie deficit, went on three walks and started a fast. And repeat- LOL! So I looked up the teacher's name. It's John Cisna. He ate nothing but McDonald's for six months and lost 56 pounds. I thought it was ten years ago but it was 15 years ago!

Pipsicle 05-08-2020 01:33 AM

Last night, I went to bed cold and hungry. I managed to fall asleep though. However, I did wake up after a couple of hours. My hip was freezing but the rest of me was at a comfortable temperature-so weird. Muddling along today. I have had a headache on and off since last night. It may be a good sign. I use to get a two point headache when I was losing weight. This one is only one point so it is not quite the same. For a while, I was trying to understand why I had a headache from losing weight but I never did figure it out. For a long time I followed a weight loss blog. After the woman lost all of her weight, she developed a headache. A headache, singular, that has lasted years and years. She is under pain management care to keep it to reasonable level. She did well for herself though. She was able to write two books. One was about her weight loss journey and the other was about her experiences with treatments for her never ending headache. Today I was able to create a calorie deficit which is great because I also ended an 20 hour fast. For a while, I was overeating after fasts of this length. Plus, I worked in my three walks. Another day down!

Pipsicle 05-08-2020 09:14 PM

Just did one walk today and my aching feet and legs really appreciate it. Today is a fasting free day so neither started nor ended one. Lastly, I was able to create about an on-plan calorie deficit. This is assuming I am done eating for the day. Although my intentions are good, it is not guaranteed.

I keep thinking about that teacher that lost weight by eating at McDonald's for six months. I had the opportunity to do it 30 times in the last 15 years.

Pipsicle 05-09-2020 11:03 PM

SQUEEEEAAAAAK!! That's the sound of me just barely squeaking under the wire to create a calorie deficit.

Onion rings, pizza and ice cream! Oh my! Tomorrow, I will pay the piper. Unfortunately, it's on weigh-in day to boot. At least I got my three walks in which made it a deficit rather than an overage.

Pipsicle 05-11-2020 02:52 AM

Went on my three walks and created a calorie deficit despite today not being such a great day...

Pipsicle 05-12-2020 12:55 AM

Uh oh! Definitely losing my way. Was a little over on calories and I completely forgot to start my fast on time. Even though I want to be all in, I think my subconscious has gone on strike! I did go on my three walks though.

Pipsicle 05-13-2020 01:38 AM

So I have been watching a cable show about a treasure hunt. Whenever they find something, the voice over repeats the last four or five words as a question. Then it asks more questions just as they go to a commercial. So applying that to my post last night I hear something like:

Subconscious has gone on strike?
Do this mean her weight loss journey is at an end?
Will her subconscious re-engage to continue her journey?

LOL. Well, apparently reverse psychology works on my subconscious. I was back in the game today and created a very large calorie deficit. Even though I have been exhausted all day, I went on my three walks. I was so tired I had my eyes nearly closed for most of the first one. Ended a 19 hour fast today- really great because I started it so late yesterday.

Scale has been super uncooperative. Daily weigh-ins are saying up 1.5 pounds since Sunday. Holding my breath until next Sunday- would really like to confirm a loss!

Pipsicle 05-13-2020 11:40 PM

On the come back trail. On-plan but I am still hungry. I do have some extra calories available- with a little luck I will keep it reigned in. Scale has returned to my recent usual range- yay!

Pipsicle 05-15-2020 02:02 AM

Thought I was on-plan yesterday and I was re: exercise and calories. However, I forgot to start my fast on time. As a result, I was a little shorter than planned (17 hours). Doing well today and should have a larger than planned calorie deficit.

Pipsicle 05-16-2020 12:00 AM

Having a tough day today and overate like no one was watching. Went on my one walk. Ages ago, I had a dog that was deathly afraid of loud noises. If she heard one while outside, she would jump our six foot fence and run away. One time she was gone for two days. When we moved to our new house we also had her on a dog run (long chain on a high wire) in the fenced yard. She broke the run and jumped the fence, the poor thing. People were always really kind and would help us find her. As such, well we'd probably do it anyway, we round up loose dogs whenever we see them. Yesterday, it was our tenth dog, a very friendly Doberman.

We were coming back from a walk and saw her gamboling around near our fence. We called her over and she came running. We had one of our dogs with us. We took his leash off and put it on her since she didn't have a collar. She didn't look like a Doberman though. She was a lighter brown and didn't have a docked tail. She looked more like a hound dog.

Usually, we will take the lost dogs to our vet to get scanned for a chip. However, this time all the vets in the area were closed so we had to call animal services. The officer who came out was really nice. She gave the dog a ride home and even called to let us know that the dog made it safely home. The poor dog didn't want to get in the animal services van. My husband had to help get her in there.

A couple of weeks ago it was a pair of Huskies. One was really big. They were friendly too but driving them to the vet was an experience. The big one stood on the middle console with the front part of its body in the front seat area. Its giant head was right next to mine when I was driving. I have to say I felt a little unnerved since I didn't know the dog really well. Plus, it looked like a wolf! The other one had one blue eye and one brown eye.

What does this have to do with losing weight? Eh...not much. But, it cheers me up to think of getting these dogs back home safely.

Pipsicle 05-16-2020 11:51 PM

Hung on today and was on-plan (desired calorie deficit and exercise). I started a short fast this evening. For tomorrow's weigh-in, I would like to see a certain weight or lower. It is worth noting I have seen such a weight 11 out of the last 16 days. Fingers crossed but often I have a bump up in weight on Sundays.

I ate regular today despite saying to myself I was going to limit it and to stop eating earlier. This is why dieting is hard for me. Even with the best of intentions, I can't even manage an extra push for the shortest of time frames.

Pipsicle 05-17-2020 10:46 PM

Was able to confirm a half pound weight loss today - yay!

Pipsicle 05-18-2020 10:52 PM

Same old; same old- on-plan. Plan is too slow but unable to speed it up.