Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-15-2020, 02:31 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

70.0 today (after yummy crunchy bread/cheese and beer dinner).

The movie was actually in French! Thank goodness for subtitles

Half way out the front door, got busy day planned...have a great day everyone and stick with it!

Last edited by Jaimsy; 02-15-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:16 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Goodo morning

Nancy, thank you for encouragement and NO, not quite ready for jumping high 5 this week . Maybe in a few weeks?

Yesterday was okay. I stayed on the plan but it's becoming a challenge now. It's a good thing I get to eat so frequently....the snacks included. I keep wanting my old foods! It's my body and mind challenging me. If I want to be slim, I can see I have a lot of work to do to learn maintenance once I get the weight off. I want to STOP the "yoyo" thing for good.

Today's plan:
NS system plan, 2 liters water, veggies, calcium.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:49 AM   #183  

good morning! will have breakfast in a few minutes. no work out today. will be leaving to see my sister and her dh today. they live in corte madera, california. will have my laptop and ipad with me.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Happy Saturday everyone🤗

I skipped workout 2 days in a row. Very busy week. I know no excuse. Eating has been good tho.

It's very cold here in NJ,10F🥶. I just want to stay in bed LoL.

Does cold weather affect your workout routine? Joe

Last edited by yangtzer; 02-15-2020 at 07:42 AM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #185  

Default February 2020

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

For those of you on a low sodium diet: My Chinese (chicken and broccoli) and my chicken pizza are all gone. I just have a few chocolates left...I shared mint oreos with a relative.

EXERICISE: I just did my knee exercises yesterday.
DIET: Not so great, but I ate mostly salads and cereal and golden milk. I bought some green goddess dressing at TD's.
The last time I weighed in, I was still 3 pounds up.

Ms. Kitty has a new hiding. I am not sure where it is. When the cats fight, I put one in a dog cage for a little while...I don't think it's effective. I think Ms. Kitty has an eating disorder. I think she has put on a lot of weight...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #186  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Ciecie Have a good trip!

Rachel I hear you on the yoyo thing. I keep analyzing my behavior. One big issue I have is emotional bingeing. We know that needs to stop. The other thing is holidays, ie last night. I feel that I need to have those celebratory meals. When I first started this journey, this time, I had meals but I kept everything healthy. But at the same time, at that time I thought I had a food allergy, so things were easier back then. I need to figure out these two things. I have made mental improvements, so that's good, but I'm not where I should be. I am still a work in progress.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Valentine's meal
Weigh In: 196
Up: 2.2 pounds (very frustrating since it was in moderation. I have made changes but it's obvious I need to keep working on things)

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 15

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The little boy tagged farther and farther behind his parents. As his father turned to tell him to hurry up, the little boy sobbed, 'I can't hurry. I'm too tired. Carry me.' He stopped where he was and lifted his weary little arms. During our diets, we often feel just like that little boy. We just cannot go on anymore; we just do not have the strength. That's when we need to turn to God. In our weakness He brings us strength. You will be amazed at what great endurance the Lord gives to those who stretch out their arms to Him.

Today's thought: The Lord lifts us up from temptation when we reach out to Him.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #187  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon chickies
Official WI down 2.8# so yeah! I am so excited something worked this week. I don't expect this kind of loss to last but still I am going to take it. now my weeks of gain vs loss are even....new slate starting.
WO won't be any today, mostly errands blah blah

Diana, you are an inspiration you recognize the behaviors you want to change and that is awesome. Mine I am struggling with
Joe never beat yourself up for taking a few days rest from hard workouts....you can't or it will make you crazy or make me crazy you pick LOL

ok need to scoot today, helping DH with a delivery today so need to go to the shop to load the truck back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #188  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I mentioned last week that DH has been dealing with some health issues and had labs done last week. Some of DH's labs have started coming in and his Dr. called him tonight. Talk about having a heart attack! That's scary when your Dr. calls 6:30 on a Saturday night. He has some markers for Lyme disease, so they have started him on the antibiotic for that. They did some Rheumatoid tests and they were inconclusive. They are suspicious about what those said so they want to do more testing in that department. Hopefully, if some of the pain he is experiencing is from Lyme he will start feeling better soon. He has a follow up with our family doctor not this coming week but next. The Endo who called him today already spoke with with our family Dr. about these results. I believe they are still waiting on some of the labs but they wanted to get him started on the treatment for the Lyme. Any prayers for him would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1290 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (670 calories)
Asian Sesame Salad with Chicken (I used my dressing instead of theirs) 410 calories
fruit cup 60 calories
later 1 sugar cookie 100 caloires
grapes 100 calories

Dinner (380 calories)
Wolf Gang Puck potato soup 280 calories (I prefer the one from Panera)
watermelon 100 calories

Exercise
50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #189  
Work in Progress

several prayers said Diana, so scary

I forgot to say I think DH A1C numbers looked good to me! Our foster gal, we were super excited when her's went to 12! but that was years ago

Today was a low key day, we were to meet someone that DH knew for late lunch....after an hour I left and went home, come to find out he.;.*assh** forgot to text to say he could not make it. DH had actually refinished a table and some leaf's for him for FREE (this is normally something that he charges with pick up and delivery $1800.00, given his skill level, sheesh he has customers that ship items from all over the US for him to refinish) and he blew us off the day we re arranged our
Saturday to meet him for lunch then deliver it for him? Very unkind words and thoughts I am sending his way. I just hate users

sorry that was a real debbie downer but I know the time he put in to this over a 'paying' customer. That is our livelyhood and to be so thoughtless is so unacceptable

Last edited by nancylmrn; 02-15-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #190  
Trying to live below 200

Nancylmrn Thank you for the prayers. We can relate to what you and your DH went through. We have stayed late so many times to get jobs out. We have stayed late so customers could pick up vehicles, etc. We go above and beyond to help people. Like you said, it's our livelihood and we do what we have to do but it can be really frustrating.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #191  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

Just a quick check in from me. I'm feeling a bit down and unmotivated, which isn't to say I have slipped up or I'm giving up, I just hate this stage of trying hard but still feeling uncomfortable and generally yuck. Instead of posting negative things each day (sorry, it's all I've got right now) I'll take a few days off and return when I regroup.
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Weekly average 70.9kg, so a loss of 0.4 (1 pound).

Sloooooow and steady wins the race. Sigh. At this rate I'll hit my target sometime next decade, but I know myself and I would go crazy on a more extreme program.

Diana - your poor husband. Is it a relief to get a diagnosis? At least now he can get proper targeted treatment. My thoughts are with you both, life is hard enough without the extra energy it takes to deal with sickness and workshop trauma!!! Maybe March will be a better month? (I've gone ahead and called it for Feb!)

Nancy - that was a great loss! And what an effing horrible person. How can they not understand stand the time and effort you have both put in and treat you with a bit of courtesy. That's not asking for much! FFS.(FGS for nicer people then me...sorry to offend).

Ciecie - as the wind blows a storm outside I am sooooo jealous. Have a wonderful time in California!

Rachel - you can do it! You can get through this week! I think I've said before i find it so psychologically depressing when I actually conceptualise how little we need to eat each day simply to sustain. It's hard to deal with the emotions that come up, out of the blue, when food isn't a distraction. But you are taking this step, which is amazing and brave. We all are, if we are choosing not just to be skinny (Ha. Ha. Ha.) But to understand what drives us to overeat in the first place. It's not just physical hunger, and it's tough.

Pixel - we are here for you, ups and downs. This is a place for support, not just for sharing successes. Please check in when you're ready

Teri - I'm going to put it out there...any chance she cat could be becoming a mama cat?!?

Joe - my exercise is really non existent and weather is the perfect excuse because there is NO gym in my home town so really it's not my fault at all I have to start running but the weather is making it impossible so instead focusing on stretching to try and fix my super painful hamstring muscle (which I either pulled walking or, no joke, in my sleep. How? Hooooow?)

Long post but the kid got me up at 4am so what else am I going to do lol!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:50 AM   #193  
Work in Progress

Diana thank you it is just what I needed to validate my feelings out loud. DH does not offer his talents often and to do this only to have someone so oblivious to even say thank you but they were so absorbed in the 'me' I know I need to step back, take a deep breath and not let this taint my feelings for the next person DH befriends
Old 02-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for us. Yes, it's good to get a diagnosis. There may be more info to come with the pending labs and next set of labs. DH is encouraged that hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1290 +
Weigh In: 195.6
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 16

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, 'This is the way, walk ye in it,' when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Diet plans come and go. Weight comes off, weight goes back on. One thing will not change, and that is the loving kindness of the Lord. When the frustration sets in, the Lord is there. When we lose our patience, He will forgive. The Lord is our closest ally and our strongest supporter. We may decide that a particular diet plan isn't for us, or that we need to try something new, but we can never afford to turn away from God. God will help us with whatever plan we choose to follow.

Today's thought: Any attempt I make to lose weight is incomplete without God!
Old 02-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, may you have a most wonderful and safe trip! Glad you can keep in touch with us during it.

Teri, I am wondering the same thing as Jaimsy. I know you said your boy cat neutered. What was her background history again? Gestation period for cats is about 60 days. Cats can become pregnant once they have their first heat cycle which is usually at just 6 months of age. Is her abdomen full and kind of firm?

Diana,It;s good to analyze. It's a must in order to recognize our bad habits. We are truly in a battle and are a work in progress. Keep on with the good fight, sister. Today's devotional really spoke to me. Will be praying for your DH; that they get to the bottom of this.

Nancy, here's a jumping high 5 on your loss . Woo hoo!!! You go, girl!

Pixel, I'm thinking of you. May you be encouraged and refreshed .

Jaimsy, thank you for the encouragment and yes, it is "psychologically depressing" when we realize how LITTLE food we really need!

Yeterday was okay. Took in 910 calories. Followed NS plan, except for muffin in the morning at a continuing education conference. And that's okay; I took along my Nutrisystem lunch.

Today's plan:
NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, calcium.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote