Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #106  

good morning again! thanks for the prayers for the people who own the diner and for the man that leased it.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Grannynancy Happy Anniversary!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #108  

good morning again! grannynancy, happy anniversary! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #109  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI up 1.0lb this morning but I know the why of some of it. Was super hungry last night and ate a bit too much, not to mention the animal cookie bag that my hand picked up when I bought hamburger buns at the bakery outlet....life back at it today
WO not a productive day, I tweaked my back before heading off to the gym today so I did not do my weight training or practice my 'asian squats' ...tomorrow is a new day

granny, seriously you have way to much going on this next few weeks LOL but Happy anniversary. These next few weeks will be a whirlwind here too....DD1 + Family will be here next week for 12 days, then DD1 birthday in Jan, DD3 birthday in Jan, and the list goes on and on LOL
ciecie do they know what caused the fire?
Diana I pray you and your DH are able to find peace with whatever decision you come to concerning your business and the building. We will be facing the same thing in another year or two, selling the building and business
Rachel, that is what I tell myself, new day, new day new day
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #110  

good afternoon! nancylmrn, they don't know what caused the fire yet. county fire investigators were at the scene all day yesterday. just got home from power walking and running errands.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Ciecie Do you think they will rebuild the diner?

Total Approx 1465 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
side salad w/BHF's ranch 150 caloires
grilled salmon 400 calories
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
No workout to report for today. DH went for a consult for a sleep study. He was scheduled for a consult a couple years ago but wanted me to cancel it, so I did. They do want a sleep study for him. We won't schedule it until after the the New Year. Our out of pocket expense is $900, just lovely.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 12-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, I, too, am wondering if they will rebuild the diner.

Granny, Happy Anniversary yesterday!

Yesterday I took 1550 calories in. Didn't ration out my calories well enough during the day.

Today's goals:
treadmill, fiber, veggies, stretch and situps, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #113  

good morning! i don't know if bob and jeanne will rebuild the diner. they have to get the report on what caused the fire. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 193.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 12

Matthew 5:8
'Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.'

Denise wanted to do what was right. She was a good person, and it never occurred to her that her weight problem might be displeasing to God. Her friend tried to tell her that it didn't mean God didn't love her. What she meant was that God likes it best when we take the best care of ourselves possible, and that extra weight wasn't doing that. Denise pondered what her friend said to her for a long while, then resolved to try her best to lose weight. Apologetically, she prayed to God and asked Him to help her as she tried to set things right. The prayer of a person pure in heart and full of kindness speaks loudest into the ear of the Lord.

Today's thought: I wish my heart could teach my mouth to say 'no'!
Old 12-12-2019, 08:24 AM   #115  

Default December 2019

Hi!

Good Morning! (early)…

I wt. lifted yesterday and today. But I did no biking, If I get motivated, I will do some biking before I retire. ,,,I biked.
Diet was okay except for frappe, a couple of small bars of dark chocolate. If I purchase this chocolate again, I need to bring up only a half a bar up from the basement...I bought some more oriental salad....
Wt. loss at 11.8
I wrapped some gifts...

GranNan: I am thinking more about this NPR show about decision making under calm and emotional situations. ...I think I have less verbal ability when I am stressed...and that makes me really vulnerable... In this show, different stories were related. They had subjects put their hand in icy cold water. They were told they would be able to hold it for a minute, but no one could hold it longer than 20 seconds. The subjects were asked to repeat the experiment and asked how long do they think they could hold it. They said they would do better and hold it a minute, but only lasted 20 seconds again. In another study, women were educated about job interviews and what constitutes appropriate and inappropriate questions. Then they were subjected to inappropriate questions. All the women answered the inappropriate questions...only one asked about the questions at the end of the interview... The program presented a couple of other vignettes. They concluded that under emotional situations, people may act in ways completely contrary to what they believe about themselves...

CieCie: Hope your restaurant finds a new location. Locally a veterinarian who experienced a fire was helped by the community to relocate...
Diana: I hope something good comes out of this for you and your spouse.

This entry was first submitted about 6 hours ago...it is really stressful when it does not go through...

Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #116  
Trying to live below 200

Teri Great job on the 11.8 pounds!
Old 12-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #117  

good morning again! will have breakfast and go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #118  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI nope did not do it since the gain on Wednesday, yesterday's intake was not pretty, as a matter of fact my intake has not been good at all this week dispite my planing. My evenings are getting out of control again.
WO did not go to the gym today. I tweaked my back yesterday and it was still feeling off today so it is a rest day

Today my meals are planned but not very hopeful...My DS just hit her 30lb mark with WW and I am so proud of her. She started a week before me and goes to the weekly meetings. I however piggy back off her app to look up foods and have not had her type of sucess. Which makes me wonder if joining on my own might be an option to keep me motivated and in check. The major hold up as always been having to conform to a meeting time near me and the cost.

terri I know I should know this but don't what is NPR shows?
granny what is FWIW? I am so bad about these things

Last edited by nancylmrn; 12-12-2019 at 11:35 AM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #119  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Nancy, you are not alone with the intake!
Hello Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around. I am not doing well at all with my eating, although am walking etc. I have had a cold for three weeks and under huge study deadline and dad caring pressures and rushing from place to place and just grabbing whatever food is available to eat on the spur of the moment which is usually very unhealthy.
I am thinking of just giving up dieting until after Christmas and then dieting again along with everyone.
I will keep up the exercise.
I am also devastated at the predicted result of the UK election, it's been so tough for the sick, disabled, elderly and the poor these past 9 years and it looks like we are about to have another 5 years of it. Well maybe I am not supposed to talk about politics, but the predicted result of the UK election makes me want to eat a lot of chocolate, pizza, and all the wrong things....
I hope you are all managing OK in the build-up to Christmas and other holidays. I hope to make a fresh start tomorrow on my diet either that or I will start again in the New Year as I am invited out to eat Christmas foods most days on Christmas week.
Good luck to everyone.
sending you my very best wishes whatever you are going through in life.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #120  
Trying to live below 200

Muse Maybe you can focus on moderation/maintaining rather than dieting. The holidays are really hard. I understand.