Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #316  

good morning again! grannynancy, we missed you! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will go for my second power walk and run more errands in a few minutes. the second one will include taking the 5th bag of my dad's coats and jackets to the church. will go to lunch immediately after that.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #317  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!
WI down just a tad from salt bomb mainia
WO did good upped my upper body weights to 12lb per hand on 3 out of the 5 exercises I do.

Easting yesterday....yikes 25 points out of 23 but I know I had some activiy points in there too

Letz, can't wait to get to know you more!
granny good to see you

I am struggling with halloween candy and can't wait for this to be over when I can donate the leftovers to the crews at work

not much note worthy today so going to jump back off for now
Old 10-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #318  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello everyoneThanks again for your fab comments!
I am doing ok with my moderate eating, I have switched to three meals a day, no snacks in between, but am eating the French way: lots of small courses. The main course, some kind of protein ( I usually opt for a little bit of fish), then when that is finished, I get up and go get my vegetable course (boiled veg) but can add a drizzle of oil or tiny bit of butter and seasoning. Then after savouring that I get up to make my ‘salad’ course, a few chopped lettuce leaves with a drizzle of oil and vinegar and salt and pepper, then for dessert, if I am still hungry I choose between three things: either a small amount of plain yoghurt with a teaspoon of sugar, or small fruit, or a few slithers of cheese on a cracker or rice cake.With my meals I drink 1 or 2 large glasses of water and in the evening I add a small glass of wine. I don’t usually drink alcohol, so maybe I am getting into bad habits! After the meal I do a ritual washing and clearing everything up and tell myself that’s it for the day ( or until next meal) , but still have a cup of herbal tea to relax and digest.
The advantage of eating this way is that you eat small amounts over a long period of time so you feel full and know you have eaten healthily and everything you need.
The disadvantages are that it is a lot of work to do all the cooking, especially if you live alone and are very busy. It also relies on eating small portions and developing new habits. It also doesn’t work if you are at someone’s house and they have cooked you a whole pizza and a big slice of cake. However I am enjoying it right now. I am not doing much exercise as I have a bad cold but had a bit if a walk and did a little yoga today.

Nancy: good to hear that your hands are dealing well with the weight training.

Letz: hello and welcome, I am relatively new to this group too, I hope you get a lot out of it.

Ciecie: good to hear about your power walks, I too give a lot of old clothes and books and things to the charity shop, it gives me a little more of a walk.

Rachel: keep going, your diet sounds super healthy, though I don’t have the patience to count calories anymore, it’s great that this works for you. My method seems to lead to a very very slow weight loss

.Diana: I hope your challenging week goes well. Sounds like you are well organised. Yes peanut butter, ice cream and those kind of foods are all binge foods. I think my comfort eating started in my thirties on days when I had no energy, I found myself eating peanut butter directly from the jar with a spoon alone in my bedroom. I was so ashamed and yet it made me feel better, then went on to tubs of hummus, then entire packets of biscuits (cookies), then ice cream then started dieting which seemed to reinforce the binge eating!!! Argh!!!

Terri: Thanks Terri there are serious repercussions to my not doing what everyone expects and needs, but I just had to stop as it was/is seriously affecting my mental health. I am still hoping for solutions and for other people to take over some of the pressures.

Granny Nancy: I hope you enjoyed your granny duties, do our duties ever end (looking after children, adult children, aging parents..etc…)? I hope the children were well behaved and gave you lots of hugs.

I may skip a day here and there on this forum because it seems to take a long time to write my posts!!!! I should just do short Ciecie style entry maybe! Tomorrow I will try to continue with my moderate eating but also I have to sort out some very stressful family stuff… so am hoping that won’t send me over the edge. I might try to miss out my new glass of wine with dinner. The doctors can’t seem to agree if a small glass of red wine a day is really good for your health or really bad for your health! It’s quite good for my mental health at the moment but don’t want it to become a habit. Goodnight!

Last edited by Muse17; 10-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #319  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Muse I have done the peanut butter with a spoon, too.

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast 180 Calories +
coffee w/cream & monk fruit
Organic Fuel Coffee 180 calories

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner 885 calories
side salad w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
grilled salmon 400 calories
green beans 100 calories
ate some of DH's tater tots 235 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 45

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #320  

good evening! went for several power walks today. took the 5th and final bag of my dad's coats and jackets to the church today. power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:32 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Muse, don't let posting here be another stress for you. Post as you are able. We will be here for you and look forward to what you are able to post

Granny, yay! So good to see you!

Yesterday was okay at 1350 calories. Yesterday I cooked up a big pot of beans (the 15-bean packages). Today I plan to make some crockpot bean chili. Will let you know how it turns out.

Today's goals: lift some weights, veggies, fiber, 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #322  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #323  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is DH's Birthday so we will be going to the Japanese Steakhouse for dinner and then after is church. A lot going on today.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
No weigh in

Have a Blessed day!

Unfortunately, I can relate to "Today's thought"

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 30

Psalms 37:39
But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

Bob had a terrible dream. Food kept coming at him from every direction. Wherever it touched him, it stuck to him. Before long he couldn't move. He had trouble breathing. He had trouble seeing. He was hot and slimy. He kept trying to reach out for help, but no help came. He was buried under a mountain of food. As he lay awake thinking of the dream, he realized that it wasn't far from the truth. He was buried by a mountain of food become flesh. He did have trouble breathing and moving. It wasn't worth it. Silently, he reached out for help in a meek and humble prayer. God, the Source of salvation, reached back.

Today's thought: God, save me from an appetite seldom satisfied!
Old 10-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #324  

good morning again! had breakfast. just got home from power walking and running errands. will take the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #325  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

muse, I think I would love to adopt that way of eating especially in the evenings. That is my danger time, keeping my hands busy, I eat my meal and then keep on snacking because I am not busy enough but the ritual of preparing each segment sounds wonderful. I think I will plan to do this tomorrow evening. Tonight there is not way to break up my meal. So Thank you!

WI up today which I expected.....yes late night snacking on the open bag of halloween treats got me!
WO went well today, was lower body but no increase in weights LOL Although I really do need to push myself at least for 1 of the 2 sets

Diana, todays devotion screamed at me
Rachel yum yum yum I love chili...as a matter of fact I think I have some in the freezer...hmm will have to go look

Hugs to everyone! back later

Old 10-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #326  

good afternoon! just got home from power walking and running errands in a nearby community. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:18 PM   #327  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I had my normal breakfast this morning, minus the juice. I didn't have anymore protein shakes in the refrigerator.

Total Approx 1805 calories +

Breakfast ( 340 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (1050 Calories)
I made some special requests tonight at the restaurant and they were able to make them happen. I enjoyed the food and didn't have as much sodium. I am so glad I made the requests and they took very good care of me.
onion soup 75 caloires
salad w/soy dressing on the side 100 calories
shrimp/zucchini appetizer 150 calories
rice 200 calories
grilled shrimp 100 calories
scallops 100 calories
lobster 200 calories
sherbet 125 calories

Exercise:
No workout to report. I probably won't get a workout in tomorrow either since we are going to the fair.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-30-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 AM   #328  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:13 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Met my goals for yesterday. Also made the bean chili. Turned out fine!

Today's goals: veggies, fiber, 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:58 AM   #330  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are suppose to go to the fair tonight, but DH is not feeling well this morning. We'll see how it goes.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1805 + (This was a huge win for me with calories, although sodium was much higher than I normally have. But the sodium was lower than it would have been if I hadn't asked for modifications with my meal)

Have a Blessed day!

I have heard that small voice many times but chose to do my own thing. I ask for help but I choose not to obey. Doesn't make sense, does it?

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 31

Philippians 2:14-15
Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Peggy kept looking at her daughter's trick-or-treat bag. Her daughter had made a grand haul of chocolates and sugary candies. It was all Peg could do to keep her hands off it. A little devil inside kept telling her that her daughter wouldn't miss a few pieces. Peggy wanted to dive in so badly it hurt. She walked over to the bag and looked in. On its own, her hand moved toward the sweets. She was about to grab a handful when a still small voice stopped her. What had she been trying to teach her daughter about honesty and respecting things that weren't hers? Now she was attempting to pilfer her daughter's trick-or-treat bag because she wanted candy. When would she ever learn some strength and self-restraint?

Today's thought: I will avoid things that make me less of a person, but more of a body!
Closed Thread