Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up September 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #2  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/182/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm in, but due to work commitments I can only update weekly (sometimes more often). Currently down 46 lbs since March 1, goal is to lose another 28-34. I'll adjust as needed once I get closer. September goal is to lose at least 6 lbs. My weight loss seems to have slowed over time. But I'm hoping 1.5 lbs a week is manageable. Stats to follow on the 1st.
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #3  

thanks for starting the September thread!
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/141/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Just logging so it will show up in my favorites tomorrow. Lets make September a great month!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
I'm in, but due to work commitments I can only update weekly (sometimes more often). Currently down 46 lbs since March 1, goal is to lose another 28-34. I'll adjust as needed once I get closer. September goal is to lose at least 6 lbs. My weight loss seems to have slowed over time. But I'm hoping 1.5 lbs a week is manageable. Stats to follow on the 1st.
Welcome to the check-in!
Old 08-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Welcome back, everyone!
Old 08-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #7  

welcome etherbunny!
Old 09-01-2019, 05:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/147/135-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Etherbunny, Wow, you've done an outstanding job with your weight loss. Congrats on all your hard work!

I took in 1500 calories yesterday.

Today's goals:
1200-1500 calories, walk, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/141/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Decided NOT to weight today

Welcome etherbunny! Sounds like you are doing a great job and my own experience was slow downs and stalls are common but day to day persistence pays off. The daily accountability here is wonderful and supportive.

Fell off the rails yesterday - ok triggers - hard outside work and today we are helping with Project Host then coming home in the afternoon and continuing the garden work. Boy it sure gets hot in that garden in the afternoon. Starting Monday I may see if I can copy and paste my food choices.

May have to order some more shade cloth once we finish with box renovation. Just going to try to eat sensibly today. But I am logging daily. We are well stocked with veggies from the grocer right now. We do have some investing to do. More shade cloth and some insect screen - in the summer we need to add cattle panels for supporting trellises between beds for vining plants like sweet potatoes and winter squash. Once phase 1 of renovation is complete I will take pictures.

Seeds are starting to sprout and our fall garden should have:

Onions - Leeks - Heading Collards - 3 types of kale - 3 types of beets - 2 types of peas - 2 types of pole beans - carrots - spinach - chard - turnips - rutabegas - brocolli (we have not had much luck with cauliflower but have with brocolli which is odd)

I am set up with a light to start growing seedlings inside starting in January. I can honestly say I don't think the garden saves us money but there is a certain amount of self-reliance and you really cannot beat going out to the garden early in the am and picking the organic produce you are going to eat that night.

https://www.projecthost.org/what-we-do.html
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1600 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 1

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.Muriel knew she couldn't do it alone. She wasn't strong enough. Her friend Ann told her that one of her strengths was realizing she was weak. Too many of her friends tackled diets on their own and failed miserably. Well, Muriel wasn't going to make the same mistake. She wanted help from the outset. If we realize our weaknesses and limitations, then we are better able to cope with them. God will help us be honest with ourselves, so we can work to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Pray to God for that insight.

Today's thought: What I want to eat and what I need to eat are two different things!
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #11  

good morning! power walked to and home from church this morning. ran an errand on the way home from church.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #12  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/182/160

Height: 5'6"

Good. morning everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome
Today's mini goals are to get a 5 mile bike ride in (have to head out now before it gets too hot) and finish my travel laundry.

Grannynancy, your garden sounds amazing! It's the one thing I miss from my old life/home. With my current job, I travel too much to even care for a houseplant but I dream about the things I can do once I semi retire in 5 years. Looking forward to your pictures.

EB
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #13  

good afternoon! went for a power walk before lunch. also ran an errand. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all!
Diana thank you for starting the new thread......I went to the old one and could not post then duh....it hits me today was the 1st LOL

We had a great two days of funnies and adventure in the eastern part of the state. We even made and emergency trip to Target to find swimsuits (sheesh hate end of season) to use. We went in the the hotel pool!!!! I spend 45 mins swimming laps, treading water etc. until we were invaded by 4 little ones, 3 of whom were very adventuress boys. That was my workout for the day and it felt sooo good. Now as far as the swimwear...yikes I found a top that mostly fit...please don't ask....and the bottoms I had to buy shorts/bottoms from the active wear department. Now I am on a quest to find a real suit I can keep in my backpack when we take trips. I can't wear a one piece I have a long long body, even the 'long' ones leave me feeling like I need to hunch over or they will cut off/into my girl parts.....well that is enough of a visual hahaha

I will have to get back later with more personals but so glad to see the regulars and new ones alike! xx
nancylmrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We are under a mandatory evacuation. But, like always, we are staying. Please keep us in your prayers.

Remember our church member, Aimee, who has the handicap van? It had some mechanical issues and I was going to get her groceries for a while. Well, now there has been an accident. I have been going to get her groceries for about a month now. She is in the process of getting a another van, so hopefully she will be out and about again soon. So last Sunday I took care of her stuff and then went to see two ladies who are shut ins and haven't been able to get to church. I did the same thing today. I picked up Aimee's shopping and then went to visit another church member. She is struggling with COPD and can't get out. So, with all of that and the rain we had today I wasn't able to get a workout in. It felt good to be able to help out like that. There are so many people hurting and with major problems. You can't help but be grateful with whatever small problems you do have.

So I didn't do well with my eating today. I binged today. I did well at breakfast and lunch. After I did my visitations and went to the evening service at church, everyone was talking about the hurricane and the mandatory evacuation. I just went off the deep end. I hate that I do that in times of stress. Earlier in the day I was around others and I focused on them and not myself. Once I got alone, that was it. Tomorrow is a new day but I just wish I would stop this behavior.

Have a Blessed evening!