Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #76  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
Diana I never knew there were so many types of green beans...guess I have lived with my head in the sand LOL but then again I am really not much of a green bean fan

WI down .2 155.8 so a bit of the sodium bloat is slowly coming off.
WO - hamstring is still tender so was more focused on cardio vs strength training, besides my arthritis in my thumbs flaired up today and I forgot to take an naproxen befor I left this morning so picking up the weights just did not work.

Last night I tried a new recipe in my instant pot, kung pao chicken..it was ok but it called for 1 cup of broth which was fine but it really was too soupy for me by the time the veggies cooked down. I always add more veggies than the recipe calls for LOL

Granny so glad the tests came out neg. and I know what you mean about the high deductables yikes

Hope to be back later to comment on all of your posts
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #77  

nancylmrn, hope your hamstring muscle heals soon!
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, so glad it wasn't bad for you!

Granny, glad your tests were negative.

afm, I got sick, some kind of head cold, sore throat, cough...then I ended up having diarrhea all day yesterday.

I ballooned up to 185.2 from all the salt in the egg drop soups. I did have some rice noodles and lots of veggies the day before yesterday...

I had diarrhea and spent the half night peeing as well (bye bye water) back down to 181.6 after being 185.2 for 2 days.

whatever has got me ill is trying to work on me, but I have turmeric cough drops (inflammation), sumbucus (immunity) lozenges and I will be adding coconut oil to my coffee and tea (lauric aCid fights viruses).

I am also worried about my ds2. He had a weird lump show up on his back, squishy like fat under the skin. Went to Dr. And one said neurofibroma (my brother has NF) but the head doctor disagreed and said it could be a hematoma from being injured or a lipoma. Some types of lipoma grow fast. So all in all, I want it gone. It's barely noticeable and I don't want him to have any type of disfigurement. I agree with the head dr. It doesn't look like a neurofibroma (seen them on my brother). If my mother passed on the trait there's a chance I carry it, since my brother and I don't have the same dad.

Anyways, so that has me a little stressed. He has his ultrasound on Monday. They didn't tell me, but I know that will rule out neurofibroma. It will also differentiate between a cyst and lipoma. The echogenicity are different for each.

I was busy yesterday, cleaning organizing carrying heavy stuff to and from storage, so I didn't get formal exercise but definitely some NEAT...calories burned from normal everyday activities.

hope everyone is doing fine.
​​​​
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #79  

good afternoon! got home from my second power walk a few minutes ago. I doubled back as I realized that I forgot to pick up my prescription when I was at rite aid. fortunately, I wasn't far from the store.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #80  

Default August 2019

Hello!

There's lots going on here.

Diana: Hope your daughter gets her meds paid for. Health care can be so stressful. I remember having to figure out bills when I was younger and had health problems and feeling very stressed.

Nancy: Hope that the work stress abates. I wish I could let stuff roll off my back...I wish I wasn't so sensitive.

GranNan: Yeah! Nice that health problem is not there...Extra kayaks sound fun. My boat is in the garage. I had someone build it for me. I started building it, but my body did not like the fumes...I don't have racks for my car. I probably should have bought a different car...It would be nice to paddle at a lake a couple of times each summer. Oh...when my seat was made, the mold was made from my butt and I was normal weight...

Jen: I had a tiny skin lesion that was burnt off. It grew back a couple inches away and then it disappeared. It looked like a wart, but was given another name...Hopefully the lump is in a place where it doesn't cause any problems.

Oh, I watched this reality show on Sunday called 90 Day Fiance Before. It is about exotic love. Americans looking for love overseas. It made me laugh and cry at the same time.

DIET: I had a donut yesterday and an ice cream cone. The rest of my diet was okay. I bought mostly healthy food yesterday grocery shopping.

EXERCISE: I biked 30 minutes and did knee exercises. My knee still hurts. I did a little weeding and watering this am.

TODO:

1) Food mover

2) Exercise

3) Gardening

4) Sorting
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #81  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday! So sorry to see so many people having illness/medical issues. Sending healing vibes out to everyone!

I spent 2 busy days at work, so my exercise plan was off kilter a bit. But this morning started out beautiful - cool(ish), reasonable air quality, slight breeze. So I headed out for a bike ride. Four miles in I noticed a weird thwunk noise.....flat tire! Managed to fill up and get 2 miles back on the bike, then walked the last 2 to get back to my car. Luckily the bike guy was able to fix it easily. He found a big thorn through the tire and into the tube. No damage from my riding a bit on it flat. Anyway, I got my exercise in for the day!

Late breakfast. I have my lunch soup resting (tastes so much better if the flavors have a chance to meld together). Evening shift at work tonight.

Wishing everyone a great start to the weekend
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #82  

good evening! power walked to and home from supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Jen Praying for you and your family.

Total Calories too high but leftovers are gone.

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
We finished off the leftovers from last night. I didn't eat as much as last night but I still ate too much.

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 1 and 4 hours cleaning the yard before I finally left for work.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-06-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #84  

good morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning -- 138.0 - ok, that was a surprising drop - I did burn a lot / BP 117/77

FOOD PLAN -1129 Calories

Breakfast: Eggs, Lentils, Onion, Carrots,KetchupMustard [lentil burger]

Lunch: Orange,Banana [road food]

Dinner: Corn on the Cob, Roasted Beets, Walnuts,Walnut Oil, Greek YogurtButter, Salted [roasted beets with yogurt and walnuts and corn on the side]

Other: Coffee,GT's Kombucha,

EXERCISE PLAN: Dog training day and garden work; maybe walking the dogs before leaving for training if I have time.

DIARY: No new kayaks yet. I thought they were too expensive and they do drop them over the weekend. Only one of the kayaks I wanted was a rental. I will gamble it and call on Sunday to see if they have two of the ones I want. The prices are good but last time I got a great bargain when I waited until the last day. The risk is they are all sold but....

I did not eat exactly as planned but made some tweaks and adjusted so I think I will say I was compliant. I did eat about 100 more calories than planned but had a 300 calorie deficit for the day. If I go by calories (and cronomter seems pretty accurate for inake with garmin pretty accurate for outgo) I had a 300 calorie deficit. - where I failed was that I did not eat breakfast until I got home from shopping at two and did eat a 100 calorie snack - then got to work in the garden and did not make my smoothie...so....I guess I am going to have to say I was *not* compliant because it is about BEHAVIORS and not results.

Goal to work on. Drive time food and weekends. My goal for this weekend is to NOT go off the rails and eat convenience foods cause I am hungry. It is hard to beat roasted beets for supper in terms of prep-ease. I don't like eating cold food so that makes it a challenge that I may have to overcome.

# of Days Compliant with Plan : 0

Nancy - I hope your hamstring and arthritis gets to feeling better. Do you use a roller for the hamstring? Brutal but effectve stretch at least.

Jen - I pray you improve and that your son's issue with the lump turns out to be minor and resolvable. As a mother, it is hard not to worry but honestly no point worrying about things you can't fix and you are doing all you can as a mother to ensure it does get fixed. You know that thing about the sparrows....

Teri - I assume it is wooden? I have an acquaitance who builds lovely kayaks and he, his wife, and his kids compete in races etc. They are so hooked they moved to a lake so they can go out most days. He has also build paddleboards and surfboards. Mine are super stable fishing kayaks. Quite heavy and we have to trailer them in! We are looking for adding a roof rack to my truck to carry them but we would have to winch them up I think (they are 85# each). Once I retire, if we find ourselves going out at least once a week I would like to consider getting super light "surf skis". I can't see selling our home and moving to a lake though. Lake properties so overpriced.

This is the one I would like to try out and consider in the rotomolded version..but I need more core strength before spending a day in one like this and you are guaranteed to get your butt wet. https://www.epickayaks.com/v5. EDIT I do think the video is irresponsible as it shows them going over a lowhead dam. That kind of dam is an absolute killing maching. But until we get ourselves out in the water more.....not going to go there. The ones we have are great to take out friends and family

Etherbunny - sorry for the flat. Maybe you can carry a spare and learn to change them out on the road. It is not that hard. I even got to where I could pull the tires without tire levers (I used to work as a bike mechanic) --Have to ask - That is an unusual user name? Usually you can figure them out but all I think about is gassing bunny foo foo.

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-07-2019 at 06:04 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:03 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Granny, so happy your test was negative for effusion!

Nancy, so sorry about your hamstring pain.

Teri, way to go on your biking

Had a friend over for pizza and a movie last night. Took in 1720 calories.

fiber, veggies, 1200 calories, 2 liters water

Last edited by Rachel1234; 09-07-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #87  

good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. will be a busy day here today.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I have a lot of things I want to get done today.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Too high
Weigh In: 190.8 Back on plan today

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 7

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Pat lay crying in bed. It was so hard. It seemed that for every three pounds she lost, she immediately gained two back. She really wanted to lose weight, but she felt so weak in the face of temptation. Wasn't there anything that could help her? Pat fell asleep that night with a prayer on her lips. Strangely, she felt a wonderful peace the next morning. The battle was truly tough, but she was once more ready to face it. God didn't take away the struggle, but He was able to give Pat just what she needed to carry on. That is the wonder of our God.

Today's thought: I'll keep fighting fat until I'm fit!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:58 AM   #89  

diana, I also have lots of things that I want to get done today.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #90  

Default September 2018

Hi!

Etherbunny: Glad you were able to get your outdoor bike fixed. I have a family member who's really good with bikes that I turn to...I know...I should know how to change a bike tire. I was in a 10 k bike race once. I had not ridden outdoors in maybe 10 years. When I got on my bike, I realized I forgot how to use the gears. (I had done spinning classes.) And going down hills was scarey. I finished in front of the ambulance...

GrandNan: I tried to get in that kayak site, but it would not let me. I have a glass kayak. It is made of fiberglass and Kevlar. Kevlar is used (was used?) in bullet proof vests. It is very strong, but very brittle. My boat was designed for whitewater slalom. It turns very easy, so it is good for making eddies which is what you do in a stream with lots of rapids. I learned to boat via an outing club that provided the boats. I first selected a new plastic boat, but I did not know they weighed about 35 pounds. My glass boat weighs about 25 pounds and the elite athletes had boats about 18 pounds. When you are taking boats on and off your car and doing portages, 10 extra pounds is a big burden, especially at the end of the day. Slalom races usually last 2, 3, 4 minutes, kind of like what a figure skater does. You have to be really fit. I have paddled in some downriver races, maybe 6 or 7 miles long. It was a lot of fun and very collegial. There are downriver boats. They are difficult to turn and tip over easily, maybe because I am not used to them. Oh, I looked up whitewater slalom and videos on line and you can see what the sport is about. I used to not be able to look at a video without my heart starting to pound. I was intermediate level, so for the most part I did not paddle what you see in the Olympics. I recommend learning via a club and do boating with a group. It's more fun and a lot safer.

ON GOLDEN MILK: I saw that you can add some of these spices to make chai tea and you can add some of these spices to coffee.

EXERCISE: I biked 30 min. and did knee exercises. I watered the garden and pulled weeds.

DIET: I had a couple of cookies and frappe yesterday. I read an article about belly fat. They recommended not eating at night (14 hours) 3 days/week. That would be a discipline for me. I eat all the time.

TODO:

1) food mover

2) exercise

3) gardening

4) sorting
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote