Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2019, 12:38 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi

Teri - good for you on the biking.So do you get somebody your gardening skill from your mom?

Nancy- love that you want to go to the gym if you hike was not happening. Healthy habit ingrained!

Vayvay- welcome! Thinking you are close to 10 pounds in a week. That is awesome!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #362  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Everyone

Thanks for your messages and hello to Vayvay?
I haven't been logging in because of just not being well, having to rush here and there, and some difficult emotional times, well....never mind. I couldn't get a doctor's appointment but got an appointment with a nurse later in the week.
When I am alone my food intake is pretty well controlled but when I am with other people, usually thin people, they make me eat so much!!!! Like if they offer me ice-cream and I say no, it's a whole argument, then I say, ok but just a spoonful as I am really not hungry, then they give me a gigantic bowlful...they can eat 2 bowlfuls and be skinny but I don't have the same metabolism!!!!
So I was losing weight but from hanging out with friends and family my eating is gettting out of control again.
Anyway I am aware of negotiating my food quite well in general. As far as exercise is concerned, I am not doing any until I start to feel well again and am sleeping at night again.
Good luck everyone this week!
I have to go to the restaurant with my family tomorrow where they will do everything to make me eat three fattening courses.
My plan:
I think I will bring two slices of bread with me and an apple. Before the meal I will slip off somewhere and eat my bread, then I won't t eat a first course I will have a main course and leave half of it on my plate. When the others eat dessert I will go eat an apple somewhere...maybe even in the bathroom, or once we are back home.
I am so fed up with everyone else dictating what I should eat, but me being in control of my own eating without anyone telling me how to do it, is working very well for me.

Last edited by Muse17; 09-29-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #363  

good afternoon! power walked to and home from lunch today. put a load of laundry in when i got home. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:13 PM   #364  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1330 calories +

Breakfast 240 calories
coffee w/monk fruit & cream
Siggi's strawberry yogurt 110 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
cherries/berries fruit 70 calories

Lunch 600 calories
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 600 calories

Dinner 490 calories
fritatta made w/
2 eggs 140 calories
veggies 150 calories
shredded cheese 50 calories
grapes 150 calories

Exercise
30 minutes elliptical

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #365  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Muse, what if you told your friends and family, when they bother you to eat more, that you are on an eating plan for medical reasons (that would be true) and then stand firm. After awhile, maybe they will see that you are serious. Show them that your health and well-being are a priority to you. Then change the subject to steer their attention away from you? Stand your ground, Muse, you can do this . By the way, if you can control your eating when you are alone, you are one up on a lot of us. I think it's easier to eat more when I am by myself.

I averaged 1387 calories for the week so okay with that. Had fun playing scrabble yesterday with my husband, cousin and mother-in-law

Today's goals: walk, veggies, fiber, 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #367  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I haven't been to the accuressure massage place in probably 3 weeks now and I am starting to feel it in my neck again. I need to get over there this week.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1330 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 30

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Kerri wished she could lose weight just a little bit faster. She really didn't have anything to complain about. Since she started her diet, she had consistently lost. There were days, though, when she simply got tired of dieting. She doubted whether she was ever going to lose the weight she wanted to lose. All those times, she turned to God for encouragement. Talking to the Lord always made Kerri feel better. She really believed that He knew what she was going through. If God could be patient with her when she complained about her diet, she figured she could be more patient as she attempted to lose weight.

Today's thought: Without patience, I'll never lose weight!
Old 09-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #368  

good morning! went for a power walk and ran an errand this morning. came home and had breakfast. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #369  

Default September 2019

Hi! Good Morning.

Hope you all are starting off the week, eating healthy.

Zallie: When my mom got older, I used to come home 1x/month to help her garden. I also brought her plants. I learned a lot about gardening from her. Are you gardening.

Muse: I had some older friends who told me that they had to stop attend card clubs because of the food. I attended a social group where each person was given plate full of desserts. I had just lost weight and was normal weight. I could not go back...

Diana: Hope your neck gets better soon. Sometimes these little aches and pain can really interfere with your life.

Rachel: I like Scrabble, too.

Nancy: It is a new week. I am sure you will get past that slipup.

DIET: Okay EXCEPT for small blizzard and a Dilly bar. It was stress eating. I should have eaten part of the blizzard and put the rest in the freezer and/or offered it to someone else.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #370  

good afternoon! went for my third power walk this morning. just got home a few minutes ago. have my second load of laundry in the dryer and my third load in the washing machine. today's the day i wash the things that i wash once a month. will have lunch in a few minutes.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #371  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Your friendly neighborhood terrible poster here. Hoping to do better in October.
I was just saying to DH, a new month is a good time for a restart.
I've been hanging around my goal weight, but really need to get off about 5 pounds to not be sweating the weigh in.
I really dislike having to worry about what I'm wearing or what I've eaten beforehand.
I was in a place where I had no worries, just have to get myself back there.

Sorry to be so out of touch. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to read back some and get back on track for regular posting in the a.m. in October...well tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #372  
Trying to live below 200

For those who know my history with stomach pain, apples are a no go for me. If you recall, I eliminated broccoli and apples. I tried broccoli a few weeks back and I could tell that it could cause a problem for me. This weekend I bought 2 apples so I could try this week. I ate one today and within an hour I felt really gassy, bloated, and I could tell that it could become painful for me. So I have tested them out and have determined that my life is a better place without them. I have had some sliced apple in salads that I eat out but I don't think there was enough apple to cause a problem.

Kelijpa Hi! It's good to see you!
Old 09-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #373  
Trying to live below 200

Getting us started: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/wei...e-welcome.html

Ok, so is it started or startled that it's October, already?
Old 09-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #374  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Ok chickes my last post for September
I am a chicken I admit it....was so gassy and bloated into the wee hours this am I did not even weight in. I know I am up and I just can't face the music
WO could not do my lower body weights today, my knee showed signs of pain and that for me is the red flag to back off a few days

I was truly a slug most of the weekend, although we did sort through our garage and have a good sized pile to take to the dump. We re-organized the items on all the shelves so now I can move stuff from our downstairs family room out to the garage that way at Christmas when my daughter and family are up there is places to put their clothes etc. that the 3 year old can't hurt.

Diana I know that feeling and I am wondering if my problem from yesterday was from either the small steak I had or the baked potato? We don't eat red meat very often and I don't eat potato's but maybe twice a year...sheesh I had picky tummies!
kelijpa HELLO!!
teri000 I so wish I could eat a dilly bar or blizzard.....lactose intolerate is just not worth the side effects. I use to carry the little pills but that is always a 50/50 chance it won't work
ciecie I see you are at it again.....do you still hang clothes out when it gets cold?
muse I would hate to see you shamed into bringing and eating your own food when You are out just to get by...can you when you order ask for 1/2 the plate and please box the other half for later? then just eat part of what you are given, take the rest home and either eat at a later date or toss.
Rachel I always love playing board games with my family when we get together. However I have brother is a super stickler for the rules...sheesh sometimes he is a real pain LOL sheesh like playing UNO and you forget to say uno when you have one card but before the next person plays their card..he will make sure you have to take cards....
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #375  

good evening! had a busy day here. will go for another power walk in a few minutes. i'm glad to see september close. it was a busy month for me!